2020-2021 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just did my interview today!
What next?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a call from Mayo AZ MSTP with a WL decision. They ask for your interest in the program at this time which “helps them” figure out A’s as they move down the waitlist. Good luck to fellow MSTP applicants!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got an A for the MSTP yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from Mayo AZ MSTP with a WL decision. They ask for your interest in the program at this time which “helps them” figure out A’s as they move down the waitlist. Good luck to fellow MSTP applicants!
+1, best of luck to you as well!

feb 22 is coming up! do they send out all the acceptances in that single day? or is it throughout the week?

Reactions: 4 users
feb 22 is coming up! do they send out all the acceptances in that single day? or is it throughout the week?
the wording of their last email made it sound like they will start on the 22nd -- implying it will be done over a few days... given that the class is so small, I don't see why they can't do it all in one day...

we are on the final stretch!

Talked to someone from admissions, and she said acceptance calls will likely go out over the course of several days! Gonna have to force myself not to freak out if I don't hear anything on Monday lol

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
What do we think the odds are of an A if you didn’t send a letter of intent? Like just a letter of interest or nothing at all. I was initially optimistic, but as Monday gets closer, I am less so. Thoughts?

What do we think the odds are of an A if you didn’t send a letter of intent? Like just a letter of interest or nothing at all. I was initially optimistic, but as Monday gets closer, I am less so. Thoughts?
I think that the only things we can say with at least a little certainty are:

1) A Letter of Intent increases your odds more than a Letter of Interest.
2) A Letter of Interest increases your odds more than if you did nothing.
3) You can still get accepted without either letter.

Honestly anything else is probably just grasping at straws. I don’t think any of us know for sure about exact odds :/

Good luck this week and over the next couple of months as decision come out! We're all in this together, and I wish you all the best!

Just a quick PSA:

There is always so much speculation every year regarding communication from Mayo. I think we have a great opportunity to provide a valuable service to future applicants who may read this thread. If you feel inclined to post on this thread after receiving your decision, I think it would be incredibly helpful if you also included any unsolicited post-II communication that you received from Mayo.

For example:
  • "Highly ranked" emails
  • Messages from student/administrators to set up zoom meetings
  • Communication from your interviewers gauging your interest or simply just following up months later
Also, commenting on whether or not you sent a Letter of Interest or Letter of Intent could be quite useful.

Mayo is pretty unique in that they seem to offer a lot of personalized communication with applicants post-II, some think this is random and some think it is calculated. But by offering this information, I think we can provide a lot of insight to future applicants and perhaps demonstrate that there is or is not any kind of correlation with admissions decisions.

Again, best of luck! :)

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call!!! 😱 If it helps, I got a sort of "highly ranked" email from my interviewer about a month ago as well as an email to set up a Zoom meeting with an administrator from admissions. Sent a letter of interest last month as well. Good luck everyone! Sending positive vibes everyone's way :)

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
would it be too neurotic to ask for approx first letter of last name for those posting acceptances? i know not all calls will go out today so clarifying what order they're going in might be nice

Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call!!! 😱 If it helps, I got a sort of "highly ranked" email from my interviewer about a month ago as well as an email to set up a Zoom meeting with an administrator from admissions. Sent a letter of interest last month as well. Good luck everyone! Sending positive vibes everyone's way :)
CONGRATS!! what were your interviewer's initials? since i think from the past years they are the ones who called?

ACCEPTED!!! Hoping for good news for the rest of you guys ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Accepted earlier this morning!! Im not comfortable sharing my interviewer but I did get an email from my interviewer last month assessing my interest as well as a zoom meeting with a student on the admissions team. I also submitted a letter of intent.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted! I met with the student ambassador, my interviewer reached out a few months after I interviewed and I submitted a letter of intent. Beyond grateful and so excited to meet all of you!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted to AZ/FL 2+2!! I received the highly ranked email from my interviewer a couple of months after my Interview and received the zoom info session from the student ambassador. Good luck to you all, dreams DO come true :)

• Love
Got the call this morning!! I am still processing this and I was pretty much babbling during the call bc I gave up hope on Mayo (no post ii communication from interviewers and no highly ranked email).

Does anyone know if they are going to send us an official email or anything with the next steps for pre-matriculation?

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Got the call this morning!! I am still processing this and I was pretty much babbling during the call bc I gave up hope on Mayo (no post ii communication from interviewers and no highly ranked email).

Does anyone know if they are going to send us an official email or anything with the next steps for pre-matriculation?
Congrats!!! Thank you for giving us all hope!

During my call they said they would send us an email later this week but I was so excited I blacked out what they actually said it would contain or any other next steps there are haha

• Haha
During my call they said they would send us an email later this week but I was so excited I blacked out what they actually said it would contain or any other next steps there are haha
Got an email a little bit ago and my portal now has an 'Admissions Decisions' tab w/ more info on next steps!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call for acceptance! 2+2 AZ/FL. I sent a letter of intent a couple months after interview and had a meeting with a student administrator. I got a sort of "highly ranked" email about 2 weeks ago from my interviewer. I feel like getting this right before acceptances means you are very likely to be accepted. I also have a strong personal connection to the Jacksonville campus and I'm sure this helped me get in. This was my dream program so I am super excited!

• Love
Congrats to everyone accepted so far!! If you feel comfortable answering, when did you all interview?

Reactions: 1 users
have the calls finished? :'( i met with the student ambassador, received post II communication from my interviewer, and sent a letter of intent but haven't gotten a call yet and im super bummed :(

• Care
have the calls finished? :'( i met with the student ambassador, received post II communication from my interviewer, and sent a letter of intent but haven't gotten a call yet and im super bummed :(
For all we know, calls could continue for multiple days this week

Same here. The waiting is so hard!

• Care
From last year's thread, calls will continue for several days -- also (n=2 lol) but it sounds like they're going in order of interviews! So don't give up hope :) You're all incredible applicants and will be great no matter what happens

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats everybody!!! Did anyone who interviewed in January get a call yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptance call this morning from my first interviewer. I actually missed his first two calls and had to call back haha.

Post II:
-I sent a LOIntent a week after my interview
-I sent thank you letters to both of my interviewers the same day as my interview
-Received an email from a person from the admission's committee (EDIT: the person was from the admissions office, not the admissions committee) to meet up, I emailed the person back but got no reply lol
-Received an email from one of my interviewers asking if I had any other questions a few weeks ago

LM: 79.5

Just wanted to ask, for other people that got accepted has your admissions portal updated? I saw that one person had their admissions portal update but I'm seeing nothing new.

Good luck all!

• Love
Got my acceptance call this morning from my first interviewer. I actually missed his first two calls and had to call back haha.

Post II:
-I sent a LOIntent a week after my interview
-I sent thank you letters to both of my interviewers the same day as my interview
-Received an email from a person from the admission's committee (EDIT: the person was from the admissions office, not the admissions committee) to meet up, I emailed the person back but got no reply lol
-Received an email from one of my interviewers asking if I had any other questions a few weeks ago

LM: 79.5

Just wanted to ask, for other people that got accepted has your admissions portal updated? I saw that one person had their admissions portal update but I'm seeing nothing new.

Good luck all!
Congrats! I also don’t see any changes on my portal so I’m assuming they must be updating things individually for everyone.

From last year's thread, calls will continue for several days -- also (n=2 lol) but it sounds like they're going in order of interviews! So don't give up hope :) You're all incredible applicants and will be great no matter what happens
I’m praying they’re going in order of interviews!!

Anyone get an A who interviewed in mid November?

If it's any consolation, I interviewed mid-November, had post-II followup, and sent in an LOIntent -- and no call yet :/

• Care
If it's any consolation, I interviewed mid-November, had post-II followup, and sent in an LOIntent -- and no call yet :/
Same for me, just curious if they’re going in order

Hey, I interviewed the week of November 9th and received an acceptance call this morning around 10 AM PST. I do think it may be interviewer-specific for when calls are going out, rather than in chronological order of when you interviewed.

Reactions: 7 users
It would be super nice to know which interviewers have called, but I completely realize the reluctance to post that kind of stuff haha.

Hey, I interviewed the week of November 9th and received an acceptance call this morning around 10 AM PST. I do think it may be interviewer-specific for when calls are going out, rather than in chronological order of when you interviewed.
Yeah this makes much more sense if it's the interviewers calling us

Accepted!! Just now!!! Interviewed early November, got an email from admissions coordinator for a meeting, and got an email from one of my interviewers last month to gauge my interest, and sent a letter of intent end of January!! I almost gave up and now I’m just in tears!! So happy right now I cannot even haha

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted! Let's goooooooooooo. I did not receive any email communication from my interviewers or a highly ranked email, but I did receive an email to set up a zoom meeting and sent in a letter of intent in January. For those still waiting to hear back from mayo or other schools I really do hope everything works out for you.

• Love