2020-2021 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi from a lurker! I was accepted yesterday for the AZ/FL 2+2 program. I had sent a letter of intent in January and update in April. Good luck to you all, I really hope As are coming your way too :)
Congrats! Thank you so much for letting us know!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi from a lurker! I was accepted yesterday for the AZ/FL 2+2 program. I had sent a letter of intent in January and update in April. Good luck to you all, I really hope As are coming your way too :)
Thanks for letting us know!

Did you receive the interest email last week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a text (lol) followed by a call from Dr. Colón around 7:30 CST today! For the AZ+FL 2+2 program. Didn't get the highly ranked letter during the first round but I did get the email about continued interest from the admissions team and sent an update/letter of continued interest. Wishing you all the best of luck! Super pumped!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats guys!! Truly happy for you!!
What are the thoughts on no reported regular AZ Mayo As yet? Is the 4year class full? Or are adcoms just taking their time?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats guys!! Truly happy for you!!
What are the thoughts on no reported regular AZ Mayo As yet? Is the 4year class full? Or are adcoms just taking their time?
It does seem a little unusual. Either newly admitted students aren’t on SDN or Adcoms are taking their time or a combo of both. It’s very strange to see so many people reporting interest emails but then none of those individuals getting the A’s yet.

Last edited:
got an email requesting for updates from Lucky, not sure if this is the same as the interest email

got an email requesting for updates from Lucky, not sure if this is the same as the interest email
+1 on that email, I was really confused on what that was about. I got an interest email last week so I don’t think it’s the same thing. Does Lucky work in admissions?

Last edited:
+1 on that email, I was really confused on what that was about. I got an interest email last week so I don’t think it’s the same thing. Does Lucky work in admissions?
I received the email about continued interest from Lucky.

Reactions: 2 users
looks like some As went out for MN earlier today! I am staying hopeful!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi all, I got the acceptance call for the AZ campus over the weekend! Sorry for not posting sooner, haven't been on SDN in a while. I sent in a letter of interest prior to being waitlisted and got an email asking about my interest about a week ago. Never got a highly ranked email.

• Love
Hi all, I got the acceptance call for the AZ campus over the weekend! Sorry for not posting sooner, haven't been on SDN in a while. I sent in a letter of interest prior to being waitlisted and got an email asking about my interest about a week ago. Never got a highly ranked email.
I also just wanted to say that your name is my new favorite thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided to withdraw my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck. Looking forward to working with you all as colleagues in the future.

Reactions: 8 users
I decided to withdraw my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck. Looking forward to working with you all as colleagues in the future.
Thanks for the update! Good luck wherever you go!

I got an acceptance call to AZ earlier tonight! I sent a letter of intent after being waitlisted and received the email gauging my interest a week or two ago. I never got a highly ranked email. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!!

Reactions: 9 users
How much more movement can we expect at this point? I know there was some reported up until late June last year, but realistically...

How much more movement can we expect at this point? I know there was some reported up until late June last year, but realistically...
I received an email last week from them saying that they expect some WL movement in the next week or two. The email specifically referenced the MN campus, but I'm sure the situation is similar for AZ! Keep your head up- not all hope is lost!

Reactions: 5 users
This may not mean a whole lot... but I’ve seen that the FB group was up to 67 members last week. Now it is at 62. There might just be some overlap with those who have withdrawn leaving the FB group late though. Just an observation. Can any accepted applicants determine how many non-applicants out of the 62 are in the group? (Ex. Admin and current students)

Last edited:
  • Hmm
for anyone else who has PTE’d at another school, when is your CTE deadline? Mine is June 1, so I’m hoping that we can hear back sooner than later. I know of someone from this current M1 class that got an offer June 1st.

for anyone else who has PTE’d at another school, when is your CTE deadline? Mine is June 1, so I’m hoping that we can hear back sooner than later. I know of someone from this current M1 class that got an offer June 1st.
mine is first week of July! hopefully we will hear back soon

June 7 for me

Mine is may 30!

Anyone have any recent news/emails/acceptances? Also, does anyone know how much waitlist movement Mayo typically has in late May and onward?

Anyone have any recent news/emails/acceptances? Also, does anyone know how much waitlist movement Mayo typically has in late May and onward?
MN candidate here. I haven't heard anything since an interest email on 5/14 (MN specific). MN thread is really slow too. Sending good vibes your way :( I think there's still hope for us...

My CTA deadline just got extended, so I think schools are realizing that there are a lot of people on waitlists! Hopefully we can get some more movement :)

I was accepted off the AZ waitlist a few weeks ago. I don't know if this made any difference, but when I received communication gauging my interest, I clarified that the school I PTE'd at had a CTE deadline of June 1, at which point I would remove myself from the Mayo waitlist if I hadn't heard by then. Got the acceptance call a few days later, but it may just be coincidence.

I was accepted off the AZ waitlist a few weeks ago. I don't know if this made any difference, but when I received communication gauging my interest, I clarified that the school I PTE'd at had a CTE deadline of June 1, at which point I would remove myself from the Mayo waitlist if I hadn't heard by then. Got the acceptance call a few days later, but it may just be coincidence.
If you don’t mind, do you have a rough estimate of how many people are committed to Mayo currently, and when their CTE deadline is?

If you don’t mind, do you have a rough estimate of how many people are committed to Mayo currently, and when their CTE deadline is?
I think the CTE deadline is June 15. I don't have any idea how many people are committed currently though. I'd imagine movement is slow but not over at this point for most schools.

I think the CTE deadline is June 15. I don't have any idea how many people are committed currently though. I'd imagine movement is slow but not over at this point for most schools.
Thanks so much! I appreciate it, and I agree with you. I think it has slowed down but they might have a couple more acceptances over the next couple weeks.

Hello! Did anyone receive an interest email from admissions today or yesterday? I heard some were sent out.

Last edited:
Hello! Did anyone just recently receive an interest email from admissions? I heard some were sent out.
How recent is "recently?" There were several reported here at the end of April and beginning of May. But none reported here in the last couple weeks.

How recent is "recently?" There were several reported here at the end of April and beginning of May. But none reported here in the last couple weeks.
Today or yesterday

Hello! Did anyone receive an interest email from admissions today or yesterday? I heard some were sent out.
+1, very similar to the first email sent out.

Got an email of orientation starting so alternate list movement is donezo a few days ago. Was anyone accepted off the alternate list in the past month? A bit bummed because I received interest emails and had substantial communication with someone from admissions, along with multiple LOIs but if no one gave up their spot then no movement is to be expected