2018-2019 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine - Arizona Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning (JC)

Well this is exactly what I didn't need. I was just leaving denial and moving to anger!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
have all accepted applicants gotten a portal update and email? i got called yesterday but haven't gotten an email or anything yet.

EDIT: literally got the email a minute after posting this! so nevermind

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The office said they’re not done extending acceptances, but they hope to be done by the weekend. Sorry to feed into everyone’s neuroticism but there’s still a chance apparently.

The office said they’re not done extending acceptances, but they hope to be done by the weekend. Sorry to feed into everyone’s neuroticism but there’s still a chance apparently.

Lol i feel like im on a roller coaster. At this point I'm just gonna keep holding out a little hope until I get the waitlist/rejection so that I don't keep losing it and regaining it.

With WL decisions inevitably coming soon, does anybody know when movement off of the wait list historically happens at Mayo?

Reactions: 1 users
With WL decisions inevitably coming soon, does anybody know when movement off of the wait list historically happens at Mayo?

Supposedly not much WL movement for AZ campus since they overaccept. I don’t know how true this is, but it was mentioned in last year’s thread. Even considering that, there is WL movement maybe around 10 people, again based on other AZ threads, which is a lot. The class size is around 50, so 10 people is 20% of the class.

Looking at last year's thread, it seems like a lot of WL activity happened in early May last year (probably due to people dropping Mayo for other offers after April 30th).

I'd assume that with the new traffic rules there's gonna be more of a trickle from April to July, and the WL will be more of a soft R. But I'm a pessimist and I hope to be proven wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview day back in October, Susan told us that approximately 30% of the class is composed of students from the waitlist. That makes it about ~15 students, so similar to what above posters have said!

Does anyone know what time second look goes until on the 23rd?

So have all the acceptance calls have been made by now? :( Anyone hear from DB or SW yet? Probably should give up hope.

Welp... congratulations to all of you who got in!

Have any accepted students figured out how to pay the deposit? I filled out all the stuff on the portal, but I'm not sure where to pay the deposit.

Have any accepted students figured out how to pay the deposit? I filled out all the stuff on the portal, but I'm not sure where to pay the deposit.
Susan told me they'll send a link with access after you call with your SSN. I haven't gotten the link yet, though, so I assume they're still working on it

Called about acceptance/waitlist/rejection timeline for my SO and figured I'd tell you guys too: they're not done calling people with acceptances, and waitlist decisions will go out later this week.

Reactions: 4 users
Also got the WL email! Anyone know how many waitlist positions are going out this year? I’ve heard anywhere between 100-150, and anywhere between 10-15 spots that usually open up? So around ten percent of us will be offered seats? Does that sound right?

Actually, if you figure that they interview 800, give out 70-80 seats (because AZ overaccepts) our odds are about the same the second time around huh?

Sign me up for the waitlist crew. We should make T-shirts.

Waitlisted as well. Here's to hoping I can get off the WL and into my first choice. Best of luck to everyone!

Hmmmm. I literally called them at 12:33 EST and they said they weren't 100% done, so that's a bit weird. Sorry for the false hope :(

Also got the WL email! Anyone know how many waitlist positions are going out this year? I’ve heard anywhere between 100-150, and anywhere between 10-15 spots that usually open up? So around ten percent of us will be offered seats? Does that sound right?

Actually, if you figure that they interview 800, give out 70-80 seats (because AZ overaccepts) our odds are about the same the second time around huh?

Thanks for sharing that info! Curious where you heard these numbers. :)

Called about acceptance/waitlist/rejection timeline for my SO and figured I'd tell you guys too: they're not done calling people with acceptances, and waitlist decisions will go out later this week.

Thank you, love!

Thanks for sharing that info! Curious where you heard these numbers. :)

Literally just trying to remember what I heard on interview day. I don’t even have anything written down, so take that with a grain of salt. If anyone has anything more concrete to share please do so!

They interview ~400. The 800 figure is with Rochester included. And I believe the 80 acceptances or so includes students from the waitlist. At my interview, I recall hearing up to 30% of students come from the waitlist (15 students).

They interview ~400. The 800 figure is with Rochester included. And I believe the 80 acceptances or so includes students from the waitlist. At my interview, I recall hearing up to 30% of students come from the waitlist (15 students).
Does everyone get waitlisted?

Asked my boyfriend to call lol, Susan confirmed they are done sending out acceptance calls and are in the process of sending out waitlist emails. She said they should be done sending out waitlist emails by the end of next week.

also waitlisted. interesting that it takes them so long to send out waitlist emails (as in they are in the process of doing it). does that mean they deliberate on waitlist vs. rejection?

I don't quite understand what they mean when they say their waitlist isn't ranked. Do they just pick people randomly off the list if spots open up?

I don't quite understand what they mean when they say their waitlist isn't ranked. Do they just pick people randomly off the list if spots open up?

One possibility is that Mayo will try to keep a certain class "composition," which is why a ranking may not be useful. If a URM veteran with 3.1/525 withdraws, then the school might pick someone with similar characteristics from the waitlist. I remember on my interview day one student told me that "there are like 50 versions of you applying to Mayo, but they can only take 1 or 2."

I remember on my interview day one student told me that "there are like 50 versions of you applying to Mayo, but they can only take 1 or 2."

27wm6h.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
One possibility is that Mayo will try to keep a certain class "composition," which is why a ranking may not be useful. If a URM veteran with 3.1/525 withdraws, then the school might pick someone with similar characteristics from the waitlist. I remember on my interview day one student told me that "there are like 50 versions of you applying to Mayo, but they can only take 1 or 2."
I can't deny nor corroborate this

Meh diversity is overrated. They should just accept all 50 versions of me. That class would be dope

Reactions: 12 users
Also got the waitlist email yesterday first thing in the AM. Declined as I'm not in a position to make quick changes at the last minute. Congrats to all accepted!

Have any one able to pay deposit yet? I called with SSN but no link yet?
i called on the second day acceptances were released and have not received a link either

R at AZ =[. Here's to hoping Mayo MN will grab me off the wait list.