2018-2019 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard anything back yet? I know they said 30 days, but its killing me lol

Nothing yet! You and me both... I've been looking at my calendar every day thinking "wow, how has it only been 8 business days..." hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone not yet rejected pre-II? Does it mean anything that I haven't received a R yet?

+1... Trying to tell myself it means we still have a chance but it gets harder every day of March that goes by

Agreed. I think there are still dates on 3/20 and 4/5 (according to an earlier comment), so hopefully we hear something soon.

Just received an interview invite for April 5th. I haven't been following the thread much. Can anyone comment on the current state of the class/ possibility to matriculate from these late interviews?

Could anyone speak to the feasibility of being done at noon-ish and flying out of Detroit at 4:30? Or would 8pm be a better bet?

Could anyone speak to the feasibility of being done at noon-ish and flying out of Detroit at 4:30? Or would 8pm be a better bet?
It’s possible, but you’d be cutting it pretty close

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the state of the class right now in terms of people with interviews coming up? Asking for a friend who is in state and was wondering about her chances. Is the post-II acceptance for in state really 77%?

What’s the state of the class right now in terms of people with interviews coming up? Asking for a friend who is in state and was wondering about her chances. Is the post-II acceptance for in state really 77%?
I hope it is! Where did you hear 77%?

Any 4th years know how MSUCOM did with the match?

Our official results will come out soon but yes from now on ALL MD & DOs will have the same match day. There is no AOA match after this tear .

Since they do morning and afternoon interviews, I'd say it's a safe bet that you'd be done by 1:00pm at the very very latest if you interview in the morning, since that's when the afternoon group starts their interview. I was in the afternoon group so my interview started around 1:30 and I was finished by 5:15. The drive from Lansing to the airport shouldn't be more than an hour and a half, so I think you'd make a 4:30 flight but if you're that worried, just go for the 8pm flight.

Anyone hear back from 2/22 interview? Still waiting patiently.

I ended up getting an II a while back, but missed out on the March 7th date since I was at another interview at the time. I ended up having issues with my transcript updating, thus all my apps got in really late this year closer to October, but I'm glad to get my interview tomorrow.

Last year, I was an in-state OMSP scholar (who didn't make the official requirements to bypass the MCAT barely) who still ended up with an interview, despite a 499 MCAT. I thought I kinda choked on parts of the interview, and ended up on the T3 waitlist.

Now I've brought up my MCAT to a 506 and have a bit more swagger, making me feel like a real candidate. Hopefully I can see some of you guys there tomorrow and we can all have a great interview!

Anyone hear back from 2/22 interview? Still waiting patiently.

Interviewed 2/27, waiting less patiently because I’m hoping we hear this week! It’s funny to check my email and hope that there is nothing from a med school for a change lol.

Accepted call just now!!! was on waitlist tier 2!

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed on 2/22 and just got the call. Accepted!!! So excited

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a second look for this school at all?? Also do any current students (or prospective students) have any info on where most people live? Like are there certain areas people try to stay in or grad dorms etc.

Is there a second look for this school at all?? Also do any current students (or prospective students) have any info on where most people live? Like are there certain areas people try to stay in or grad dorms etc.

places like Hannah Lofts and The Lodges have a lot of msucom students as to my knowledge

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your PID and PAN numbers? They are blank in the portal. I just received the acceptance yesterday.

Here's a fun little story that everyone here will be able to relate to:

Yesterday, I got a call from an unknown Detroit number. Being the crazy pre-med that I am, of course my mind jumped to "OMG this is the MSU acceptance call!" I (a girl) answer. The other person: "Hi, I'm looking for Al, but this must be the wrong number." That was the fastest emotion swing I think I've ever had in my life!

Today, I get the waitlist email. It's tier 1, so at least I can be happy about that, but still slightly disappointed.

Does anyone know how they feel about letters of intent? I wrote one right after my interview because I expected this outcome, should I send it ASAP?

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist email today. Tier two. Disappointed of course but still hopeful! Between now and my interview I have shadowed a physician who attended MSUCOM. I am debating on whether it would be beneficial for me to upload a letter of recommendation from her as well? She offered, but I would hate to ask if it would not be helpful at this point. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!!

Waitlist email today. Tier two. Disappointed of course but still hopeful! Between now and my interview I have shadowed a physician who attended MSUCOM. I am debating on whether it would be beneficial for me to upload a letter of recommendation from her as well? She offered, but I would hate to ask if it would not be helpful at this point. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!!

IMO worth it for sure, especially if she was very forward about wanting to write a letter for you. In my experience the school loves meaningful updates and i would definitely consider this one!