2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my II after getting accepted to an MD school with a lower COA. Invited last week and only March 28/29 were available. Hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
granted an II two days ago. Is there really any really a reason to interview as an OOS applicant already accepted to an IS school?

Members don't see this ad :)
granted an II two days ago. Is there really any really a reason to interview as an OOS applicant already accepted to an IS school?
All depends on what you prefer, if i got accepted to my instate school id ignore all other schools. Lower tuition and close to home

Waitlisted by mail today.... interviewed on Feb 14th

Waitlisted by mail today.... interviewed on Feb 14th
Me too. Just glad I was not rejected and still have a chance! Buuutttt, was wondering how the waitlist movement at CCOM is later in the cycle?

Wondering if any current students could give me thoughts on housing? From what I can tell from the website I'm probably not interested in living on-campus, so thoughts on which areas/apartment buildings tend to be popular with students? Also, around when do people start finding roommates and such? Midwestern is my only acceptance rn but I'm going to be strung along by an in-state waitlist for awhile longer (until May at the earliest) and and I'm not really sure how long I should put off planning my move...

Wondering if any current students could give me thoughts on housing? From what I can tell from the website I'm probably not interested in living on-campus, so thoughts on which areas/apartment buildings tend to be popular with students? Also, around when do people start finding roommates and such? Midwestern is my only acceptance rn but I'm going to be strung along by an in-state waitlist for awhile longer (until May at the earliest) and and I'm not really sure how long I should put off planning my move...
There are plenty of options for housing in the immediate area, although it is priced a bit high. During my first two years, I lived in a suburb maybe 15min south of campus and paid less to rent a house with roommates than most people who chose an apartment closer by. As far as finding roommates, you can just use the class page and ask around. I’m sure people will continue looking until july as the waitlist moves

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Late in the cycle but there is still hope! Complete 8/20

Interviewed 2/15, accepted 2/19. Just put in my deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
My Interview 05/06/19 for Arizona DO, any chance to get acceptance as it is too late. CDN applicant

I've interviewed here before and had to ask, what do you guys think about the tuition?

It is high when you account for the interest rates on loans and stuff

I've interviewed here before and had to ask, what do you guys think about the tuition?

It is high when you account for the interest rates on loans and stuff

Criminally high

Hello, could any current student let me know what Anatomy textbook the school and student uses?

Hello, could any current student let me know what Anatomy textbook the school and student uses?
None. The exams come straight from the note packets provided free online via the Canvas page or can be purchased at the bookstore

Reactions: 1 users
None. The exams come straight from the note packets provided free online via the Canvas page or can be purchased at the bookstore

Are these note packets super thick and comprehensive? It seems like there is a lot of Anatomy to fit in. Maybe they refer you to online resources? The Atlas of human anatomy is huge, but how is all that detail made to fit the note packets?

Are these note packets super thick and comprehensive? It seems like there is a lot of Anatomy to fit in. Maybe they refer you to online resources? The Atlas of human anatomy is huge, but how is all that detail made to fit the note packets?
They are pretty thick. You can use extra resources as you see fit but the exam material comes directly from the note packets provided

Hey guys, I just got a speeding ticket. I was accepted to this program and placed my deposit.

How do I report this to this school? Do I just send an email and just explain I was pulled over and got a speeding ticket? Is there a place on the portal for it? I don’t want them to rescind on their acceptance especially when they run the certiphi background check.

• Haha
Hey guys, I just got a speeding ticket. I was accepted to this program and placed my deposit.

How do I report this to this school? Do I just send an email and just explain I was pulled over and got a speeding ticket? Is there a place on the portal for it? I don’t want them to rescind on their acceptance especially when they run the certiphi background check.
Lol what? They don’t care

Was it reckless driving? Was it a misdemeanor? If not then they likely don't care. Read you admission agreement/ matriculation agreement. Obviously you can call to make sure.

Anyone else from mid-March interviews heard anything?

Just scheduled an interview for this Friday, 4/5!

Hey all, I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if you had some advice/tips on what I could expect. Obviously I should be prepared to talk about myself and my motivations, as well as what draws me to the school, but how about things like medical ethics, current events, etc? Are they gonna grill me on why D.O. school and not M.D.? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hey all, I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if you had some advice/tips on what I could expect. Obviously I should be prepared to talk about myself and my motivations, as well as what draws me to the school, but how about things like medical ethics, current events, etc? Are they gonna grill me on why D.O. school and not M.D.? Thanks so much!

I got one ethics question, as did most of the people I interviewed with I think. If you check the SDN interview feedback thing, you can see some examples of these questions. I was also asked why DO, but definitely wouldn't say I was "grilled". It's a very conversational and friendly interview, don't be worried! All the interviewers will have is the resume that you submitted with your secondary, so any questions about ECs will be pulled from that.

I got one ethics question, as did most of the people I interviewed with I think. If you check the SDN interview feedback thing, you can see some examples of these questions. I was also asked why DO, but definitely wouldn't say I was "grilled". It's a very conversational and friendly interview, don't be worried! All the interviewers will have is the resume that you submitted with your secondary, so any questions about ECs will be pulled from that.
Regarding the ethics question, how would you recommend preparing for that? I've seen various examples of the type of question asked on SDN interview feedback, but how could one go beyond that for preparation in terms of possible topics and responses?

Regarding the ethics question, how would you recommend preparing for that? I've seen various examples of the type of question asked on SDN interview feedback, but how could one go beyond that for preparation in terms of possible topics and responses?

Don't overthink it, you don't really need to prepare that much. Familiarize yourself with the examples so that you wouldn't be thrown for a loop by any of them and practice answering a couple times; I don't think they deviate too much from those. It'll pretty much be, "if you were a doctor and X situation happened how would you handle it?". You just need to use common sense and your moral compass and you'll be fine.