2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite today, first available date was March 8th :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Have any admitted people heard about any scholarship opportunities to accompany their acceptance? I love this school but the 100k/yr COA is a bit much

+1 I’m accepted here and I love this school, but the COA is terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

+1 I’m accepted here and I love this school, but the COA is terrifying.

Yes, CCOM does offer scholarships. I am unsure about pre-matriculation scholarships, but I know you can apply for need and merit based scholarships during your first year. I actually just got one not too long ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, hope the day is treating you all well. I am a prospective applicant to CCOM and was wondering if current students could message me, I have a few questions about CCOM and would like to get to know the campus and culture more. Thanks!

Hello everyone, hope the day is treating you all well. I am a prospective applicant to CCOM and was wondering if current students could message me, I have a few questions about CCOM and would like to get to know the campus and culture more. Thanks!
Sure! Shoot me any questions you have!

Feel free to message me. I'm a bit busy with rotations as it is, but I'll do my best to get back in a timely manner

Does anyone have an idea of when the next wave of post-interview decisions will be sent out?

Does anyone have an idea of when the next wave of post-interview decisions will be sent out?

They said on the 10th that acceptances would come by email by the end of the month and all other decisions would come by mail within the first week of February.

II today. Will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you all waiting!

I also received an II yesterday. Definitely going but had mixed feelings because I’m afraid I’ll like it too much and end up springing for the tuition haha. It’s like trying on shoes you know you can’t afford!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an II yesterday. Definitely going but had mixed feelings because I’m afraid I’ll like it too much and end up springing for the tuition haha. It’s like trying on shoes you know you can’t afford!

Everyone’s situation is different and I’d be lying if I said I’m not cringing at the tuition, but in most cases you’re going to have a sizeable amount of student loans anyway. If you love the school and believe it will get you to where you want to go in life - then go! Only get to do this once in life so might as well enjoy it

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone’s situation is different and I’d be lying if I said I’m not cringing at the tuition, but in most cases you’re going to have a sizeable amount of student loans anyway. If you love the school and believe it will get you to where you want to go in life - then go! Only get to do this once in life so might as well enjoy it

Thanks MrsBrightside! Your username is so fitting, that was a very optimistic thing to say :)

II yesterday via email. I declined and withdrew my application. Best wishes everyone!

II yesterday. I will be declining. Hopefully it goes to one of you still waiting. Best wishes everyone.

A lot of peeps declining their recent II. where is everyone headed instead?

Hoping today is the day for second week of january interviewees

Maybe today will be the day for post interview decisions from earlier this month? Is the campus still closed?

I've been complete at CCOM since 9/8 and have heard nothing at all! Because I'm a Chicago resident, this school is my first choice. Has anyone else sent a letter of interest before being invited for an interview at CCOM? Or is this frowned upon? I'm on a couple other waitlists and getting super anxious.

I've been complete at CCOM since 9/8 and have heard nothing at all! Because I'm a Chicago resident, this school is my first choice. Has anyone else sent a letter of interest before being invited for an interview at CCOM? Or is this frowned upon? I'm on a couple other waitlists and getting super anxious.
My advice is to just wait patiently. They interview through March. What are your stats?

I sent a letter of interest prior to my interview and was offered one the next day. Can't hurt

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe today will be the day for post interview decisions from earlier this month? Is the campus still closed?
Campus is open, but I'm not sure how yesterday's closure affected the committee's meeting. Worse case scenario, they lump you guys in with February's batch

i'm a current student if anyone has any questions
asking for a friend who applied - has there been any movement off the waitlist yet?

Per admissions officer, yesterday's adcom meeting was cancelled and moved to next week. This week's interviewees may be part of the group that finds out next week.

I’ve been complete since August, and still haven’t heard anything back. I was interviewed last cycle and was put on the waitlist but was not fortunate to get accepted into that class. What do y’all think, time to get nervous? Or just be patient? LizzyM 65

It doesn't hurt to send in a letter of interest/update letters - they don't mind at all and would just add it to your file.
Best of luck!

I am slightly confused about the format of the interview. Is it three panel members and multiple candidates together or is it a 3:1 situation? Thanks all in advance!

I recently withdrew my application, I hope my interview spot goes to one of you!

Interviewed Jan 10th, accepted this afternoon!

For anyone that finds this information useful:

LM ~70
3.8/513 IL resident

Primary Submitted: ~ 10/5/2018?

Secondary Recieved: 10/12/2018

Secondary Complete date: 11/01/2018

Interview Invite: 11/06/2018

Interview: 11/30/2018
I deferred interview to 12/07/2018 4 days before my interview because of bad weather in IL.

Interview: 12/07/2018

I didn't feel that great about my interview, didn't feel bad either, felt just okay. One of my interviewers was really nice and he basically answered some of the questions that the other interviewers asked out of excitement. It was kinda funny LOL. I was really honest about my answers. For example my student interviewer asked me about my study habits and how I anticipate getting through the rigor of med school. I told them that I mainly crammed during undergrad a few days before my exams, but I heard that it wouldn't fly in med school and I would change my habits to regular, full-time studying.

Our lunch was also paid for, but I didn't hear that we have a $15 soft limit on the amount of food we can get. One of the tour guides just said to get some extra snacks for the road and I ended up spending something like $22 before I realized that there was a soft limit. I was panicking during the lunch and was wondering if I would get rejected for that LOL.

Final Decision: 12/14/2018 Acceptance e-mail

It was a pretty quick process for me, and I feel like my interview was probably average/slightly below average, but my stats made up for it. My advice to someone who is going to interview is to just relax. Obviously it is a stressful experience but don't make it more stressful than it needs to be. If you're not extremely introverted then try to talk to the other applicants. You will be spending a lot of time sitting around doing nothing in a room with the other applicants. They're just as nervous as you are and talking to them will help you feel less anxious and alone. (In fact CCOM may observe how you interact with other applicants).

This is a great school and I had a pretty good impression of the campus after the interview. I don't like the ABCDF system and the near 100k/yr COA, but it's pretty good otherwise.

Oh man that’s brutal. Thanks for the response! Guess I’ll be checking my mail since I interviewed in January and haven’t heard...

Hey guys! I'm a current first year so feel free to message me if you have any questions

:/ Waitlist decision by mail today.

Kinda figured when people said they got accepted the other day. Fingers crossed there is movement and I end up getting in. I wish I had something worthy of an update, but I've honestly just been frantically working to pay off all the credit card debt from the cycle since submitting.

Accepted yesterday afternoon via email! Interviewed 2/7. Decisions decisions.