2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s the only reason I chose to go to CCOM. If you don’t have ties to the area, I would go somewhere cheaper tbh.

How's the financial aid here? Do they have scholarships or should we basically expect loans? 70k just for tuition is absolutely insane for me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How's the financial aid here? Do they have scholarships or should we basically expect loans? 70k just for tuition is absolutely insane for me

There are scholarships you can apply for, but they aren’t anything major. I never even bothered. So pretty much yes to loans and outside help from family if that is an option.

II today, earliest available dates Jan 10th and 11th, then end of January and February

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So there is not much need-based aid?
There are scholarships you can apply for, but they aren’t anything major. I never even bothered. So pretty much yes to loans and outside help from family if that is an option.

II today, earliest available dates Jan 10th and 11th, then end of January and February
Me too!! Sooo psyched! This is one of my top choices. I'm going for Jan 31st.

Edit Jan 25th ---> Jan 31st

Last edited:
If I got an interview at AZCOM (found out I was waitlisted today), what are the odds of getting an interview at CCOM? Is CCOM harder to get into? I have a cGPA and sGPA of 3.4, post-bachelor sGPA of 4.0, 507 MCAT, and decent ECs.

I was complete mid-August but I haven't heard anything from CCOM but have been providing updates to show I'm very interested. CCOM is one of my top choices.

Last edited:
If I got an interview at AZCOM (found out I was waitlisted today), what are the odds of getting an interview at CCOM? Is CCOM harder to get into? I have a cGPA and sGPA of 3.4, post-bachelor sGPA of 4.0, 507 MCAT, and decent ECs.

I was complete mid-August but I haven't heard anything from CCOM but have been providing updates to show I'm very interested. CCOM is one of my top choices.
I believe CCOM and AZCOM work independently in terms of their application and admission process. I would say there is a good chance you could get an interview at CCOM. I was waitlisted for an interview at AZCOM ( I am OOS) but got an interview at CCOM (in state if it makes any difference) and was accepted shortly after so who knows. I sitll haven't heard back from AZCOM. Best of luck to you.

I believe CCOM and AZCOM work independently in terms of their application and admission process. I would say there is a good chance you could get an interview at CCOM. I was waitlisted for an interview at AZCOM ( I am OOS) but got an interview at CCOM (in state if it makes any difference) and was accepted shortly after so who knows. I sitll haven't heard back from AZCOM. Best of luck to you.

They're definitely independent and I don't think OOS or IS matters - I'm also instate to CCOM, but I haven't heard from them while I heard early from AZCOM and was accepted.

Accepted today (12/13)! Interviewed 12/07

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today!! Interviewed 12/3

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 2 users
Officially withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone. CCOM is an awesome school!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that was accepted- I am placing the 200 dollar deposit, but that is only to hold the acceptance seat, correct? I only ask because the deposit link says 'matriculation agreement' at the top.

For anyone that was accepted- I am placing the 200 dollar deposit, but that is only to hold the acceptance seat, correct? I only ask because the deposit link says 'matriculation agreement' at the top.
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe you need to fill out all of the paperwork that is available to you now. The matriculation agreement is what allows you to get some kind of refund should you withdraw your acceptance.

Hello! Does anyone know what the interview stats are like for AZCOM? I'm curious to know how many interviewees receive an acceptance/waitlist/rejection.

any fellow MABS grad applying this year? I was waitlisted both campuses...

I’ve been complete since 9/3 and haven’t heard a single thing from this school?

I’ve been complete since 9/3 and haven’t heard a single thing from this school?

I've been completed since early July and haven't heard back yet; however, I've seen multiple waves of rejections sent out between then and now.

any fellow MABS grad applying this year? I was waitlisted both campuses...

I am a MABS grad and applying this year and have been complete since August and have heard nothing back yet. A couple of my friends who are in the 2 year MBS program and still in school have also not heard back yet.

is there a group for all the people that have been accepted and plan to attend CCOM

Any current student want to tell us their experience with classes, exams, free-time outside of studying/school etc?

Do you have sufficient time to study for exams?

How do you handle being in class until 5:30 PM?

Any current student want to tell us their experience with classes (don't go to anything not mandatory), exams (you will have 2-3 per week plus 2-3 quizzes), free-time outside of studying/school etc (you do you, some students would party every weekend while others would participate in a hobby, my advice is to take time once a week to do something even if there is an exam the next day)?

Do you have sufficient time to study for exams (sure)?

How do you handle being in class until 5:30 PM (again don't go)?

Any current student want to tell us their experience with classes, exams, free-time outside of studying/school etc?

Do you have sufficient time to study for exams?

How do you handle being in class until 5:30 PM?
I personally only went to the mandatory classes and either studied at home or a Starbucks. All the lecture notes/ppts/and videos are posted on blackboard.
You’ll have an exam or two plus quizzes every week. A lot of time, you just live exam to exam unless you’re able to manage your time properly and study for several things at once.
I never studied past 5pm and gave myself at least one day a week to go out and not worry about a thing and it paid off. I also know people who did nothing but study. You’ll have to find your own balance

We have 1 or maybe two exams per week 1st year (usually only 1 especially 1st quarter). Usually you have 1-2 quizzes each week (but one is an OMM quiz that is really easy). You have free time for other things such as hobbies, working out, or going out, but that time is limited by your studies.

Do you have sufficient time to study for exams? Yes, but each person is different. Everything is doable. Anyone who says you don't have enough time is not studying right or not willing to study enough.

How do you handle being in class until 5:30 pm? I'm only a first year, but we have been in class until 5 only a few times. If you don't want to be in class that long, don't go and watch the lectures later. All the lectures are recorded except for OMM and you can watch them at 2x speed while pausing them when you need to.

Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at CCOM. For a DO school, they have a lot to offer. Their clinical rotations, from what I have heard, are excellent. Obviously, I haven't experienced them yet, but I have been told that they are very good, on par with most MD schools. Feel free to DM me with any other questions.

I am a MABS grad and applying this year and have been complete since August and have heard nothing back yet. A couple of my friends who are in the 2 year MBS program and still in school have also not heard back yet.

From what I have heard from a few of my classmates who were part of the Master's program is that the admissions office waits for your second quarter grades. It will be your toughest quarter and they want to see how you perform. However, I have no idea if this is true, it is just what I have heard from my classmates. Don't lose hope and do your best during the second quarter.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe you need to fill out all of the paperwork that is available to you now. The matriculation agreement is what allows you to get some kind of refund should you withdraw your acceptance.

I can't remember what the matriculation agreement was, but you should fill it out (make sure you read it!!!!!!!!!!). Also, you won't get the deposit back if you do not attend CCOM.

Does anyone know if they hand out merit aid? I like this school but it's tough to wrap my head around 100k/yr COA.

From what I have heard from a few of my classmates who were part of the Master's program is that the admissions office waits for your second quarter grades. It will be your toughest quarter and they want to see how you perform. However, I have no idea if this is true, it is just what I have heard from my classmates. Don't lose hope and do your best during the second quarter.
I heard this as well but I already graduated

I have an interview set for here, but I've already been accepted at KCU. Is the $400,000 in loans really worth it to go here? I'm very happy with KCU

I have an interview set for here, but I've already been accepted at KCU. Is the $400,000 in loans really worth it to go here? I'm very happy with KCU
Most will probably say if you are OOS for CCOM and have other acceptances at established and/or state schools, go there because the cost difference isn't worth it. I'm also accepted to KCU (KC campus), but i'm from the chicagoland area so i will be attending my interview at CCOM

Most will probably say if you are OOS for CCOM and have other acceptances at established and/or state schools, go there because the cost difference isn't worth it. I'm also accepted to KCU (KC campus), but i'm from the chicagoland area so i will be attending my interview at CCOM
That's what I've been feeling. Thanks for your reply and good luck at your interview!

II this morning!! So excited because I was beginning to lose hope for CCOM!

The only available day was Thursday, lol. Good thing I'm local!

Has anyone done the Certiphi background check?

I just signed the waiver, but I didn’t get any email from it.

Is it just a criminal background check or is it also a civil suit background check?

have they done any more wave of rejections since late November?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance today, best of luck everyone!

just withdraw my interview for this Friday

Have any admitted people heard about any scholarship opportunities to accompany their acceptance? I love this school but the 100k/yr COA is a bit much