-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
According to their website, the CTE deadline isnt until July 13th at the latest. July 6th at the earliest.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By earliest i mean earliest deadline. You can CTE anytime
Can you please send me the link showing this?According to their website, the CTE deadline isnt until July 13th at the latest. July 6th at the earliest.
LowStatMatt
Full Member
I got my 10th alternate list email todayOn the alternate list, and I finally got my email about the checklist today. lol
LowStatMatt
Full Member
Did you guys send a copy of your birth certificate for the alternate list?
Can you please send me the link showing this?
There's a timeline if you scroll down. It's for this cycle though and idk how strict they're adhering to it. Fingers crossed for all of us wl peeps
Pnomnomnom
Full Member
I sent my passportDid you guys send a copy of your birth certificate for the alternate list?
+1
Pnomnomnom
Full Member
The false hope these alternate emails give me
LowStatMatt
Full Member
I called and they said you get the emails if you have something incomplete on your checklist. Mine is proof of citizenship which i sent in but they removed the check from my list for some reason. :/
Is it normal for the white coat form to remain incomplete? I filled out the survey they sent out awhile ago already but it is still unchecked.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine isn’t checked off yet.. they just finished going through all of them today so we should be receiving the check in 1-2 business days according to admissions.Is it normal for the white coat form to remain incomplete? I filled out the survey they sent out awhile ago already but it is still unchecked.
megacazzom
Full Member
Did you guys submit blood tests for the vaccines?
They sent my health stuff back saying they want blood tests for the vaccine antibodies. I live in a state where my insurance isn't taken and there was a huge "OR" on the form suggesting that you didn't have to complete the blood tests if you have had the vaccines. I don't want to pay another $200+ out of pocket to see a doctor and get it done
They sent my health stuff back saying they want blood tests for the vaccine antibodies. I live in a state where my insurance isn't taken and there was a huge "OR" on the form suggesting that you didn't have to complete the blood tests if you have had the vaccines. I don't want to pay another $200+ out of pocket to see a doctor and get it done
LowStatMatt
Full Member
Yes i sent all my titers
patient_zero
New Member
Is the police background check our responsibility to get done? And if so, anyone know if there is a form for that anywhere? I emailed the student health office, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.
megacazzom
Full Member
Anyone know if the Hep B AG titer is supposed to be qualitative or qualitative?
Tombradygoat6
New Member
Anyone know if the Hep B AG titer is supposed to be qualitative or qualitative?
I called and they told me to please do quantitative for everything
Recently had to CTE at another school, I never did get off the waitlist at Downstate Good luck to everyone So happy this application cycle is finally over 🙂I called and they told me to please do quantitative for everything
Last edited:
LowStatMatt
Full Member
They’re combining the two things I’m best at wasting time and wasting moneyDoes seem like downstate is wasting a lot of our time completing all of these requirements without offering admissions. Recently had to CTE at another school, never got off the waitlist at Downstate and no I also would not want to be spending any out of pocket money for there requirements without an acceptance offer first. Good luck to everyone Glad this process is finally over 🙂
To any matriculating students & fellow redditors out there, feel free to join!
www.reddit.com
Reddit - Dive into anything
Anyone know how long it takes to get added to the facebook group or how to speed this up? I sent a join request over a week ago and messaged a few of the admins. Still waiting.
Yeah, I've also lost pretty much all hope at this point.
megacazzom
Full Member
Post waitlist rejection today
Post waitlist rejection today
Sorry to hear that :/ Good luck with everything!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LowStatMatt
Full Member
They reject post waitlist?
JusttrynacatchaW
Full Member
Hey guys, I just got the following email from SUNY this afternoon:
"Dear Applicant,
A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have selected “Plan to Enroll” to another medical school.
Since you do not plan to attend SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, your application will be withdrawn from our active list of accepted students.
We thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center."
However, I never received an acceptance email from them, I was just on their waitlist. Did this mean they had accepted me? Has anyone else gotten a similar email?
"Dear Applicant,
A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have selected “Plan to Enroll” to another medical school.
Since you do not plan to attend SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, your application will be withdrawn from our active list of accepted students.
We thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center."
However, I never received an acceptance email from them, I was just on their waitlist. Did this mean they had accepted me? Has anyone else gotten a similar email?
I received this email as well. I also never received an acceptance email from themHey guys, I just got the following email from SUNY this afternoon:
"Dear Applicant,
A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have selected “Plan to Enroll” to another medical school.
Since you do not plan to attend SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, your application will be withdrawn from our active list of accepted students.
We thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center."
However, I never received an acceptance email from them, I was just on their waitlist. Did this mean they had accepted me? Has anyone else gotten a similar email?
Hey guys, I just got the following email from SUNY this afternoon:
"Dear Applicant,
A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have selected “Plan to Enroll” to another medical school.
Since you do not plan to attend SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, your application will be withdrawn from our active list of accepted students.
We thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center."
However, I never received an acceptance email from them, I was just on their waitlist. Did this mean they had accepted me? Has anyone else gotten a similar email?
Also received this email a few weeks ago. Called them and they said all waitlisted applicants who chose PTE for another school received the email and that I should just email back saying I want to stay on the WL. I had also thought I was accepted and didn’t realize haha disappointing :/
JusttrynacatchaW
Full Member
Thanks for the info! Not gonna stay on the WL as I'm already going elsewhere but glad to have some clarity, since SUNY has not given us much of it 😆Also received this email a few weeks ago. Called them and they said all waitlisted applicants who chose PTE for another school received the email and that I should just email back saying I want to stay on the WL. I had also thought I was accepted and didn’t realize haha disappointing :/
Has anyone on the alternate list heard of any movement on the waitlist at all? It has been a month since they've accepted anyone.
LowStatMatt
Full Member
No but last year people were accepted around July 10th. Maybe we will hear something this week.Has anyone on the alternate list heard of any movement on the waitlist at all? It has been a month since they've accepted anyone.
Was offered a spot in Bridges, couldn't be happier!!Anyone get into the bridges program?
Was offered a spot in Bridges, couldn't be happier!!
What’s the bridge program?
megacazzom
Full Member
Just offered a spot on their bridges program. Not sure what it is since there's no information online about it. Just that it includes a guaranteed acceptance for 2020 if you complete all the requirements
LowStatMatt
Full Member
Usually the bridge program is a masters program where you need to get over a certain gpaJust offered a spot on their bridges program. Not sure what it is since there's no information online about it. Just that it includes a guaranteed acceptance for 2020 if you complete all the requirements
Do you have to apply for the bridges program or did they just offer it to you from your standard medical school application to Downstate?
megacazzom
Full Member
They offer it to you. I was rejected off the waitlist and then offered an acceptance to this program. Based on what the program director was telling me, it seems that it is only offered to disadvantaged or URM students whose interviews went really well, but were not offered admissions. They want to eventually convert this program into a full on master's programDo you have to apply for the bridges program or did they just offer it to you from your standard medical school application to Downstate?
Wonder if anything will happen now that it's passed the CTE date
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Picard159
Full Member
Wonder if anything will happen now that it's passed the CTE date
I find it really strange nobody has posted an acceptance since the beginning of June.
I find it really strange nobody has posted an acceptance since the beginning of June.
Yeah it’s definitely different than all previous years when there’s been many postings in June and July! I even called and they said they accept until orientation and didn’t mention anything about this year having less movement
Pnomnomnom
Full Member
This is an emotional rollercoasterYeah it’s definitely different than all previous years when there’s been many postings in June and July! I even called and they said they accept until orientation and didn’t mention anything about this year having less movement
LowStatMatt
Full Member
I got an email yesterday unfortunately it was a Checklist reminder;(
Pnomnomnom
Full Member
Yes same.I got an email yesterday unfortunately it was a Checklist reminder;(