2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah it’s definitely different than all previous years when there’s been many postings in June and July! I even called and they said they accept until orientation and didn’t mention anything about this year having less movement
This is an emotional rollercoaster

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email yesterday unfortunately it was a Checklist reminder;(

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that they might have over accepted people so that's why they haven't been pulling from the list.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve been fairly active on this board so thought I’d update that I withdrew from the waitlist due to a CTE deadline. Hopefully the field is getting pretty narrow at this point and that someone can get in! I wouldn’t be surprised if downstate had some surprise last minute movement. Good luck everyone!! Downstate is awesome—wish I could have stuck it out with all of you. It’s been fun speculating with you all for the past few months :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 users
I’ve been fairly active on this board so thought I’d update that I withdrew from the waitlist due to a CTE deadline. Hopefully the field is getting pretty narrow at this point and that someone can get in! I wouldn’t be surprised if downstate had some surprise last minute movement. Good luck everyone!! Downstate is awesome—wish I could have stuck it out with all of you. It’s been fun speculating with you all for the past few months :rolleyes:

Good luck to you!

If you have a specific reason why you wish to attend SUNY Downstate or a medical school in New York City, please explain.

did you guys talk about one reason or turn it into a why this school essay?

Well it’s officially over unless people don’t show up at orientation

White Coat Ceremony was just a few hours ago. It’s over.... my dreams of becoming a doctor is over. Thank you

• Sad
Hi I'm a current MD applicant and interviewing at SUNY downstate in March :) I'm from Chicago and don't know much about the school but I'm excited to have an interview. I'd love to hear a current student's perspective/experience, so if anyone's willing to PM me I'd really appreciate that!!

Hi I'm a current MD applicant and interviewing at SUNY downstate in March :) I'm from Chicago and don't know much about the school but I'm excited to have an interview. I'd love to hear a current student's perspective/experience, so if anyone's willing to PM me I'd really appreciate that!!

Wouldn't let me PM you for some reason so feel free to shoot me a message

(Also may want to stick to the 2019-2020 thread)