2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I’ve been fairly active on this board so thought I’d update that I withdrew from the waitlist due to a CTE deadline. Hopefully the field is getting pretty narrow at this point and that someone can get in! I wouldn’t be surprised if downstate had some surprise last minute movement. Good luck everyone!! Downstate is awesome—wish I could have stuck it out with all of you. It’s been fun speculating with you all for the past few months 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been fairly active on this board so thought I’d update that I withdrew from the waitlist due to a CTE deadline. Hopefully the field is getting pretty narrow at this point and that someone can get in! I wouldn’t be surprised if downstate had some surprise last minute movement. Good luck everyone!! Downstate is awesome—wish I could have stuck it out with all of you. It’s been fun speculating with you all for the past few months 🙄

Good luck to you!
 
If you have a specific reason why you wish to attend SUNY Downstate or a medical school in New York City, please explain.

did you guys talk about one reason or turn it into a why this school essay?
 
Hi I'm a current MD applicant and interviewing at SUNY downstate in March 🙂 I'm from Chicago and don't know much about the school but I'm excited to have an interview. I'd love to hear a current student's perspective/experience, so if anyone's willing to PM me I'd really appreciate that!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I'm a current MD applicant and interviewing at SUNY downstate in March 🙂 I'm from Chicago and don't know much about the school but I'm excited to have an interview. I'd love to hear a current student's perspective/experience, so if anyone's willing to PM me I'd really appreciate that!!

Wouldn't let me PM you for some reason so feel free to shoot me a message

(Also may want to stick to the 2019-2020 thread)