Mr. Game & Watch

What I learned in boating school is...
2+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
To any matriculating students & fellow redditors out there, feel free to join!

sciencemrwhite

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Anyone know how long it takes to get added to the facebook group or how to speed this up? I sent a join request over a week ago and messaged a few of the admins. Still waiting.

Reactions: CN2502
Sep 18, 2018
Hey guys, I just got the following email from SUNY this afternoon:

"Dear Applicant,

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have selected “Plan to Enroll” to another medical school.

Since you do not plan to attend SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, your application will be withdrawn from our active list of accepted students.

We thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center."

However, I never received an acceptance email from them, I was just on their waitlist. Did this mean they had accepted me? Has anyone else gotten a similar email?

MilaKunis

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

"Dear Applicant,

A review of the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool indicates that you have selected “Plan to Enroll” to another medical school.

Since you do not plan to attend SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, your application will be withdrawn from our active list of accepted students.

We thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center."

However, I never received an acceptance email from them, I was just on their waitlist. Did this mean they had accepted me? Has anyone else gotten a similar email?
I received this email as well. I also never received an acceptance email from them

Sep 21, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

"Dear Applicant,

Also received this email a few weeks ago. Called them and they said all waitlisted applicants who chose PTE for another school received the email and that I should just email back saying I want to stay on the WL. I had also thought I was accepted and didn’t realize haha disappointing :/

Reactions: JusttrynacatchaW
Sep 18, 2018
Also received this email a few weeks ago. Called them and they said all waitlisted applicants who chose PTE for another school received the email and that I should just email back saying I want to stay on the WL. I had also thought I was accepted and didn’t realize haha disappointing :/
Thanks for the info! Not gonna stay on the WL as I'm already going elsewhere but glad to have some clarity, since SUNY has not given us much of it :1LOL:

Apr 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Just offered a spot on their bridges program. Not sure what it is since there's no information online about it. Just that it includes a guaranteed acceptance for 2020 if you complete all the requirements

Apr 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Do you have to apply for the bridges program or did they just offer it to you from your standard medical school application to Downstate?
They offer it to you. I was rejected off the waitlist and then offered an acceptance to this program. Based on what the program director was telling me, it seems that it is only offered to disadvantaged or URM students whose interviews went really well, but were not offered admissions. They want to eventually convert this program into a full on master's program

Reactions: Unnamed1015