2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations
Had you sent your checklist items before acceptance ?
I sent tech standard and proof of citizenship this morning, got confirmation 2-3 hr later, then A this afternoon. Not sure if sending in things help tho. Good luck !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Jumping on the A train. Super excited and thankful for this opportunity!!!

IS, on AL, I did some of the checklist staff.

Good vibes and tons of luck for everyone still waiting!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew here, hopefully one of you gets the spot!

Reactions: 2 users
I sent tech standard and proof of citizenship this morning, got confirmation 2-3 hr later, then A this afternoon. Not sure if sending in things help tho. Good luck !
Probably not i sent in the same stuff and didn’t get one

Got in off the alternate list around noon today!

Reactions: 10 users
They keep sending me the password email. Every time i see it i cri

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can confirm the crying thing.

Source: i cried waterless tears

Reactions: 1 users
They keep sending me the password email. Every time i see it i cri
facts

on the other hand, this part is new:

"The clearance status of alternates is one of the variables considered in the review of the alternate list to fill any vacancies in the entering class."

Got accepted off the alt list on Wednesday. Was so worried it was a mistake until I logged into AMCAS and saw it within my Choose your medical school tool. Good vibes to the rest of you. Hang in there!!!

Also- to those accepted, we can hit plan to enroll within AMCAS on multiple schools, correct? If I hit plan to enroll I remain on my other waitlists? Just double checking because my brain has forgotten how to do anything with all this excitement and I know it's already past the April 30th deadline so I'm a bit confused.

Also- to those accepted, we can hit plan to enroll within AMCAS on multiple schools, correct? If I hit plan to enroll I remain on my other waitlists? Just double checking because my brain has forgotten how to do anything with all this excitement and I know it's already past the April 30th deadline so I'm a bit confused.
I don't think you can click "plan to enroll" to multiple schools, but rather, you MUST hit "plan to enroll" to ONE school to remain on the waitlist on MULTIPLE schools. If you select "confirm to enroll" it locks you to that school permanently. The other schools will see your selection and with withdraw you.

I don't think you can click "plan to enroll" to multiple schools, but rather, you MUST hit "plan to enroll" to ONE school to remain on the waitlist on MULTIPLE schools. If you select "confirm to enroll" it locks you to that school permanently. The other schools will see your selection and with withdraw you.
So if I'm only accepted to SUNY right now but want to stay on my other waitlists I hit plan to enroll, correct? Thank you so much for clarifying! No one else I know is applying to medical school and I am confused as this is my first acceptance.

So if I'm only accepted to SUNY right now but want to stay on my other waitlists I hit plan to enroll, correct? Thank you so much for clarifying! No one else I know is applying to medical school and I am confused as this is my first acceptance.

Correct.

Did anyone ever recieved the acceptance letter by mail?
I did not, but I called earlier and they said that even though in the email it says "a letter has been mailed to you", it doesn't necessarily mean the letter was mailed the day you got the email. They said expect the package in the mail 7-10business days after getting the email.

I did not, but I called earlier and they said that even though in the email it says "a letter has been mailed to you", it doesn't necessarily mean the letter was mailed the day you got the email. They said expect the package in the mail 7-10business days after getting the email.
That's reassuring. I guess I still cant believe I got accepted, I'm just trying to see it wasn't a mistake lol

Just withdrew my spot here, I hope it goes toward one of you all! Best of luck.

Reactions: 6 users
Graduating MS4 here. If anybody is joining downstate and would like to buy any furniture/books/anything, feel free to DM me! Congrats to all accepted students...still fond of downstate after all these years.

Reactions: 1 users
Current student here. PM me if you’re undecided or have any questions about the school.

One thing that worries me about this school is how slow/apathetic the admissions office (and financial aid office) seems. Speaking with them is like pulling teeth. Do any current students have insight on whether or not the rest of the school/administrative staff are like that?

Thanks so much in advance for your insights!

I sent my final transcript in today (just finished class last week). should I send a separate update with my GPA or assume they will look at the transcript?

My boyfriend got off the waitlist here today, received an email at 11:58 AM. Interviewed 10/4. MCAT 520, GPA 3.96

Reactions: 7 users
are the waves over? has movement slowed to a trickle? are we screwed and doomed re-applicants?

Reactions: 4 users
I'm really curious as to how the waitlist is ranked. If someone with a 520 and ~4.0 is only getting off the waitlist now, it seems that stats aren't really a big factor.

I don't think they are. I don't have those stats at all and got off the waitlist. Hang in there guys!!! I really thought that if the waitlist was ranked I was at the very bottom and that I bombed my interview but here we are. Don't give up hope!

I heard that some schools provide laptops for quizzes etc. Does anyone know if Downstate has this system?

Did anybody get a confirmation from health office after sending the documents in? I sent it last week and haven’t received anything or gotten any checkmark updates.