You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tombradygoat6
New Member
Thank you! Yes in the afternoon!Congrats! Did you get the email in the afternoon?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not! Was working on filling it out but nothing had been sent in or checked off yet.Did you send in checklist before acceptance ? Congrats [emoji106]
When did everyone who was accepted interview?
sciencegladiator
Full Member
Hopeful that the trend of As on Wednesday AND Thursday continues this week...
catabolic.cat
New Member
NovemberWhen did everyone who was accepted interview?
LowStatMatt
Full Member
Probably not i sent in the same stuff and didn’t get oneI sent tech standard and proof of citizenship this morning, got confirmation 2-3 hr later, then A this afternoon. Not sure if sending in things help tho. Good luck !
kittycatmd
Full Member
Can I hit PTE for being on ALTERNATE list? I read this on another thread.
LowStatMatt
Full Member
They keep sending me the password email. Every time i see it i cri
yeah seriously they need to chill out with these emails, my heart skips a beat every timeThey keep sending me the password email. Every time i see it i cri
I can confirm the crying thing.
Source: i cried waterless tears
Source: i cried waterless tears
factsThey keep sending me the password email. Every time i see it i cri
on the other hand, this part is new:
"The clearance status of alternates is one of the variables considered in the review of the alternate list to fill any vacancies in the entering class."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also- to those accepted, we can hit plan to enroll within AMCAS on multiple schools, correct? If I hit plan to enroll I remain on my other waitlists? Just double checking because my brain has forgotten how to do anything with all this excitement and I know it's already past the April 30th deadline so I'm a bit confused.
I don't think you can click "plan to enroll" to multiple schools, but rather, you MUST hit "plan to enroll" to ONE school to remain on the waitlist on MULTIPLE schools. If you select "confirm to enroll" it locks you to that school permanently. The other schools will see your selection and with withdraw you.Also- to those accepted, we can hit plan to enroll within AMCAS on multiple schools, correct? If I hit plan to enroll I remain on my other waitlists? Just double checking because my brain has forgotten how to do anything with all this excitement and I know it's already past the April 30th deadline so I'm a bit confused.
So if I'm only accepted to SUNY right now but want to stay on my other waitlists I hit plan to enroll, correct? Thank you so much for clarifying! No one else I know is applying to medical school and I am confused as this is my first acceptance.I don't think you can click "plan to enroll" to multiple schools, but rather, you MUST hit "plan to enroll" to ONE school to remain on the waitlist on MULTIPLE schools. If you select "confirm to enroll" it locks you to that school permanently. The other schools will see your selection and with withdraw you.
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
So if I'm only accepted to SUNY right now but want to stay on my other waitlists I hit plan to enroll, correct? Thank you so much for clarifying! No one else I know is applying to medical school and I am confused as this is my first acceptance.
Correct.
hippocratess
Full Member
Accepted off the alternate list today!
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
Congrats!Accepted off the alternate list today!
Did anyone ever recieved the acceptance letter by mail?
I did not, but I called earlier and they said that even though in the email it says "a letter has been mailed to you", it doesn't necessarily mean the letter was mailed the day you got the email. They said expect the package in the mail 7-10business days after getting the email.Did anyone ever recieved the acceptance letter by mail?
That's reassuring. I guess I still cant believe I got accepted, I'm just trying to see it wasn't a mistake lolI did not, but I called earlier and they said that even though in the email it says "a letter has been mailed to you", it doesn't necessarily mean the letter was mailed the day you got the email. They said expect the package in the mail 7-10business days after getting the email.
Prokaryotesrkewl
Full Member
How long did it take to get accepted into the Facebook group?
LowStatMatt
Full Member
Anotha one
sciencegladiator
Full Member
Yet my heart still skips a beat with every emailAnotha one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! It hasn’t sunk in yet for me eitherThat's reassuring. I guess I still cant believe I got accepted, I'm just trying to see it wasn't a mistake lol
D
deleted986658
Current student here. PM me if you’re undecided or have any questions about the school.
One thing that worries me about this school is how slow/apathetic the admissions office (and financial aid office) seems. Speaking with them is like pulling teeth. Do any current students have insight on whether or not the rest of the school/administrative staff are like that?
Thanks so much in advance for your insights!
Thanks so much in advance for your insights!
D
deleted765993
Fine day for some good news.
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
Pulled out today. Good luck guys!
Pulled out today. Good luck guys!
Did u have an A or u withdrew from WL?
Smkronstedt0609
Full Member
Did u have an A or u withdrew from WL?
WL
sciencegladiator
Full Member
I sent my final transcript in today (just finished class last week). should I send a separate update with my GPA or assume they will look at the transcript?
friendofapremed
New Member
My boyfriend got off the waitlist here today, received an email at 11:58 AM. Interviewed 10/4. MCAT 520, GPA 3.96
D
deleted713077
My boyfriend got off the waitlist here today, received an email at 11:58 AM. Interviewed 10/4. MCAT 520, GPA 3.96
Congrats to him but WOW I hope those aren't the average stats for people on the waitlist.
So i gotta ask, with stats like those is he going to.....keep the acceptance?My boyfriend got off the waitlist here today, received an email at 11:58 AM. Interviewed 10/4. MCAT 520, GPA 3.96
friendofapremed
New Member
It was his first acceptance, so absolutely!So i gotta ask, with stats like those is he going to.....keep the acceptance?
kittycatmd
Full Member
MCAT 520 masters 3.92
On 4 waitlists.. lots of EC
On 4 waitlists.. lots of EC
Pnomnomnom
Full Member
are the waves over? has movement slowed to a trickle? are we screwed and doomed re-applicants?
I'm worried too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LowStatMatt
Full Member
Probablyare the waves over? has movement slowed to a trickle? are we screwed and doomed re-applicants?
I'm really curious as to how the waitlist is ranked. If someone with a 520 and ~4.0 is only getting off the waitlist now, it seems that stats aren't really a big factor.
I don't think they are. I don't have those stats at all and got off the waitlist. Hang in there guys!!! I really thought that if the waitlist was ranked I was at the very bottom and that I bombed my interview but here we are. Don't give up hope!
LowStatMatt
Full Member
I got a conformation emailDid anybody get a confirmation from health office after sending the documents in? I sent it last week and haven’t received anything or gotten any checkmark updates.