2018-2019 SUNY Upstate Medical University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree lolol. I want to call and find out if there is a reason for randomly sending us a secondary or if it was just an error
I called and they told me to email someone. They seemed just as confused as I was when I told them I never even filled out the primary. I will post what I find out if I ever get a response.

Edit: the person on the phone told me to wait until I have a final decision on this cycle (~1month) and then submit the secondary. That is when I told her I hadn't even filled out a primary and then she expressed her confusion.

Reactions: 1 users
I called and they told me to email someone. They seemed just as confused as I was when I told them I never even filled out the primary. I will post what I find out if I ever get a response.

Okay perfect. Hopefully they haven't sent it to us because they think we wont get off the HPAL

Reactions: 1 user
Okay perfect. Hopefully they haven't sent it to us because they think we wont get off the HPAL
I don't know if they have done it before, but maybe they're offering us interviews for next cycle? idk I'm just too optimistic.

Did anyone else on HPAL get an email to complete a secondary?

Just got the secondary email this morning, my app still says "under committee review." Clearly, they're not the most organized because look at this hilarity:

Just got the secondary email this morning, my app still says "under committee review." Clearly, they're not the most organized because look at this hilarity:

View attachment 271015

That is so weird!! Maybe they're going to give you the A off the HPAL soon? I don't have that message lol

I got rejected from upstate earlier this year and got this email. Didn't submit a primary. not sure if this means anything, but more likely than not it's probably a mistake.

I got rejected from upstate earlier this year and got this email. Didn't submit a primary. not sure if this means anything, but more likely than not it's probably a mistake.
More than likely. But a person can dream haha

Members don't see this ad :)
That is so weird!! Maybe they're going to give you the A off the HPAL soon? I don't have that message lol

I was never on the HPAL or any waitlist at all. I've had that message since after my interview back in February :rofl:
Going on 20 weeks now waiting for my post-interview committee decision lol. Maybe I'll get my committee decision this year while I'm already in medical school...

• Wow
I was never on the HPAL or any waitlist at all. I've had that message since after my interview back in February :rofl:
Going on 20 weeks now waiting for my post-interview committee decision lol. Maybe I'll get my committee decision this year while I'm already in medical school...

Oh wow!! You never received a decision post interview? that's shocking lmfao

I received the secondary invitation without sending a primary and just got a follow up email saying it was a mistake

I'm an accepted student and I got the same email. We got another email through our Upstate account afterward saying that this was a technical error and to disregard. I'm assuming the same error was the cause of everyone else's secondary invitation too. Hope this helps, and best of luck to everyone on the HPA/WL!!

Anyone else see that the tuition isn't completely covered by their Financial Aid? mine is 4.6K short. I don't have that kind of money...

:/

I got my acceptance and committed today! Such a relief but now the prep work to move is urgent, and figure out financial aid

I got my acceptance and committed today! Such a relief but now the prep work to move is urgent, and figure out financial aid

congratulations!! I remember messaging you a couple of months ago. I am hoping that means they're close enough to me to give me a call this week otherwise I'm moving to nebraska hahaha

congratulations!! I remember messaging you a couple of months ago. I am hoping that means they're close enough to me to give me a call this week otherwise I'm moving to nebraska hahaha
good luck!!

Does anyone know if we have to commit to enroll today or tommorow?

Tomorrow I believe since that’s 21 days before orientation! Though it’s surprising they haven’t sent any emails about it
They sent an email to our Upstate accounts saying this:

“If you will be attending SUNY Upstate Medical University you MUST select Commit to Enroll no later than midnight on Thursday, July 18, 2019. Failure to do so, will result in the rescinding of your acceptance. “

But do they mean midnight tonight or tomorrow??

They sent an email to our Upstate accounts saying this:

“If you will be attending SUNY Upstate Medical University you MUST select Commit to Enroll no later than midnight on Thursday, July 18, 2019. Failure to do so, will result in the rescinding of your acceptance. “

But do they mean midnight tonight or tomorrow??

Oh whoops guess I should check that email too haha Anyways, the way that reads I am pretty confident that means tomorrow night at midnight

I just called and they said the deadline was 12:01 on July 19th so tomorrow night. But someone should double check to make sure cause the stakes are really high for us.

anyone hear anything today? I have to commit to another school by Tuesday :/

I’m moving in to my apartment August 1st... this summer went by quick. :eek:

Anyone else feeling it get real all of a sudden?

Reactions: 4 users
Called and was told the class is currently full as of today. I have withdrawn from the HPA list. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone!
I got a last minute acceptance call from another school and have withdrawn my acceptance from SUNY Upstate.

Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
So I’m moving in to my apartment tomorrow. Anyone else moving to Syracuse very soon?