2018-2019 SUNY Upstate Medical University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Upstate pls. I really like Syracuse.

Members don't see this ad.

grateful for an II !! IS reapplicant, gonna take a nice road trip from the city.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please allow this email to serve as a reminder that you are scheduled for an interview at SUNY Upstate Medical University on 09/10/18.

Please report to room 1213 Weiskotten Hall no later than 08:45 am.

If you were scheduled for a virtual interview, you do not need to come to campus. Please note that if a virtual interview was not offered to you through you interview invitation, it is not an option for the program to which you have applied.

If for some reason you cannot attend your scheduled interview please notify us as soon as possible at 315-464-4570.

How did the interview/interview day go, if you don't mind me asking??

How did the interview/interview day go, if you don't mind me asking??
I interviewed Monday and really really enjoyed it. The staff were very transparent with what to expect/when we would hear and they were SO kind and welcoming. The students who gave tours were great and spoke very candidly about Upstate/Syracuse. Honestly the perfect first interview because it really felt so relaxed and friendly

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed Monday and really really enjoyed it. The staff were very transparent with what to expect/when we would hear and they were SO kind and welcoming. The students who gave tours were great and spoke very candidly about Upstate/Syracuse. Honestly the perfect first interview because it really felt so relaxed and friendly
Can I ask how many stations were in the rotation and how long you had for each station? I'm interviewing in a few weeks and I just wanna prepare myself mentally lol.

Are you that guy from New Jersey and had the tour around the school in a group of four? We probably had plenty conversations lol

My interview was on 9/12. Honestly couldn't have asked for a more laid back interview environment. After I was done with each of the prompts I'd ask the interview some stuff about the school. Honestly answering the prompts and asking them the questions about Upstate all seemed very laid back and conversational. On multiple occasions did the interviewers and I laugh and whatnot. Just be yourself. I hope all interviews are this laid back.

Pre-II hold this morning! This is my top choice, does anybody know if this school sends out rejections or does everybody get put on hold ?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is interviewing the last couple days in October, let me know!

Does anyone know if Upstate is receptive to update letters? I'm currently on pre-II hold and I just had a first author publication accepted.

Does anyone know if Upstate is receptive to update letters? I'm currently on pre-II hold and I just had a first author publication accepted.

Yes. Update letters will be added to your application folder iirc.

II today! Complete a while ago but was waiting on casper. IS SUNY grad.

Reactions: 1 users
funny how i didn’t get an email they just assumed that I’d be neurotic enough(which i am) to check the portal everyday

Anyone have the MSAR stats for the previous cycle? Don't have access to it anymore and am curious what the incoming class stats were.

Anyone have the MSAR stats for the previous cycle? Don't have access to it anymore and am curious what the incoming class stats were.

MSAR says 3.73 513 but the stats on their website are a bit different.

Also has anyone tried to reschedule their interview date using the cancel button on the portal?

Sep. 14. >A< Looking at last year's thread and people get off the pre-II waitlist though so there is *some* hope. But getting a hold after an interview is considered a rejection.
Ahh I see well there is hope! I was completed September 14th as well. So hopefully I’ll hear something? I’m fearing a rejection at this point because I haven’t heard anything. You got the email today?

Complete date?

I don’t think they’re really going by complete date. I got my complete email on the 4th of September after submitting my secondary in July. Casper took forever to hit and they sent me an II
Ahh I see well there is hope! I was completed September 14th as well. So hopefully I’ll hear something? I’m fearing a rejection at this point because I haven’t heard anything. You got the email today?

They’re pretty quick after complete. Not sure if they looked at my stuff prior to getting my casper but i heard back less than 2 weeks after complete email.

Yup! Got an email this morning! I think a silence is a good thing though, they haven't rejected you yet. SUNY Upstate does send out emails notifying if you have been rejected or not, so there is still hope!

My top choice and I got put on hold this morning too :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still not a flat-out rejection which means they are still considering you as one of their potential students! We just need to wait until after Dec. 1st to see if we will get interviews or not!

@luck4u2sunshine
has there been rejections from Upstate?

I haven't really looked through the rest of this thread, so I can't say for sure there have been rejections post secondaries. However, looking through last year's thread, people did get notified for rejection after being placed on hold for interview invites and after receiving interviews.

II. Has anyone on the interview waitlist been called to move their date sooner?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

On hold for re-review after Dec 1st. What does that mean?

Thank you!

On hold for re-review after Dec 1st. What does that mean?

Thank you!

You’re what they’re looking for but they have better options rn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does the hold show up on portal or is it emailed?

Placed on pre-II hold on 9/29. LM: 70, IS, complete 9/14. I'm really surprised by how fast their turn around is.

II 09/26/18 International Non-Canadian, Submitted 8/28... Went to a SUNY for undergrad.

Reactions: 2 users