2021-2022 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dam pre II R. LM 67.5 ORM.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone else's application status disappeared? Last time this happened, they put me on hold until Dec 1st.
Same here, has this happened for people who get interviews or are we screwed lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, has this happened for people who get interviews or are we screwed lol
+1 over here too!

This feels very ominous... like we're aboutta get blessed or screwed rn but just gotta wait anxiously for that email

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, after being placed on hold for rereview after Dec 1st, I noticed on my portal that hold for rereview disappeared. Happen to anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
i was happy upstate changing its name bc its lowkey an ugly name, but its changing to an uglier name now wtfff
i aint tryna rep alladat on my white coat/patagonia

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, after being placed on hold for rereview after Dec 1st, I noticed on my portal that hold for rereview disappeared. Happen to anyone else?
Just noticed the same thing and came on here to ask. Anyone hear anything? Or have this happen to them previously?

Edit: I just scrolled up and saw a bunch of people saying the same thing. Gahh

Just noticed the same thing and came on here to ask. Anyone hear anything? Or have this happen to them previously?

Edit: I just scrolled up and saw a bunch of people saying the same thing. Gahh
This happened to me earlier in the cycle after already being put on hold for re-review! A week or two later, the hold for re-review status came back, so I'm not sure if the status disappearing means anything in particular.

Reactions: 4 users
i was happy upstate changing its name bc its lowkey an ugly name, but its changing to an uglier name now wtfff
i aint tryna rep alladat on my white coat/patagonia
bro if they let me into their medical school they could call themselves Assballs U for all i care

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
bro if they let me into their medical school they could call themselves Assballs U for all i care
idk bro… even that might sound better than the **** they changin it to

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone who interviewed and attended the Meet and Greet remember how often the admissions committee reviewed interviewee applications? did she say every Monday or every two Mondays?

Portal statuses are back - mine is the same i.e. hold and review after December 1st.

Reactions: 6 users
anyone else received a pre-II R and then was invited for meeting with admissions to 'discuss' application?

anyone else received a pre-II R and then was invited for meeting with admissions to 'discuss' application?
Not me, but that sounds promising.

When did you submit and receive the pre-II R?

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/17 heard back yet? They told me 6 weeks but as of today I’m on week 7 😕

Any MD-PhD interviewees hear back yet? Been on decision made since last week of December and the office is not being responsive at all. We were supposed to get decisions before the new year, yet, silence.

Also, for those who's decision status disappeared in the last week December - that might've been me since I emailed admissions asking about it :p

for those attending accepted students days, are you able to sign up for both days? I want to try to go to the in-person in March, but I don't want to wait that long just for it to turn into a virtual day (when there's already a seperate virtual day much earlier in the year)

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/17 heard back yet? They told me 6 weeks but as of today I’m on week 7 😕
I interviewed 11-17 and haven’t heard anything. What does your portal status say? Mine says “ under committee review” and under application status it says “ Ready for Committee”

I interviewed 11-17 and haven’t heard anything. What does your portal status say? Mine says “ under committee review” and under application status it says “ Ready for Committee”
Mine is the same. Hopefully we both hear good news soon! 🤞🏼

Mine is the same. Hopefully we both hear good news soon! 🤞🏼
i also interviewed 11/17 and have yet to hear anything. i figured there might be a little bit of a longer wait time due to the holiday's, but here's hoping we all hear soon!

EDIT: Status in portal has changed to decision made!! But no indication of which way 😟:soexcited:

Last edited:
  • Haha
i also interviewed 11/17 and have yet to hear anything. i figured there might be a little bit of a longer wait time due to the holiday's, but here's hoping we all hear soon!

EDIT: Status in portal has changed to decision made!
+1 to “decision made” on portal

+1 does anyone know how this list works/if there is a good shot at moving off of it?
I’m pretty sure they have 2 waitlists. HPA supposedly has decent movement towards the end of the cycle, while their regular WL has virtually none (I remember seeing some zoom presentation where Dr. Welch said they’ve only pulled like 2 students off the regular WL in the last 10 years or so). I’m also pretty sure that around April-ish you can contact admissions if you’re still on the HPA and they’ll give you a pretty honest answer of your position on the list, and your chances of still getting the A.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R after being put into On hold limbo, sad but expected, International applicant, LM 77, submitted at start of October.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just to confirm. There is 0 possibility that a decision made on the portal without the ii actually means they will give one right?

yesterday evening got the R after being on hold. Complete 8/16

• Care
I feel my time coming... I have been on that Pre-II Hold since September.

Pre-II R after being on hold since September

• Care
So, pre-II "decision made" after a Dec 1 hold is essentially an R?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Interviewed 11/17 some people got decisions already what ab the rest of us?