2018-2019 SUNY Upstate Medical University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
people with IIs, when was your app complete? congratds!!!
Thx! I was marked as complete on July 16 and noticed the II on July 17. Really surprising honestly lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, second year med student. Let me know if there are any questions and I can try to answer them to the best of my abilities!

Hey, thanks for offering to help! What are the best ways to prep for the MMI?

I would suggest looking up typical MMI questions online, try practicing with someone, or put on a timer and do a mock run of how much time you have to prepare and give your response, etc.

Most importantly, though, I think with any type of interview is just to be yourself.

For those of you who are complete, did you receive complete emails? Or did the portal indicate you were complete? Submitted secondary a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything

For those who submitted a secondary and had a fee waiver, does the application summary say paid or waived or something? For me, it is just blank so I'm worried the school didnt process the waiver.

For those of you who are complete, did you receive complete emails? Or did the portal indicate you were complete? Submitted secondary a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything

I emailed them yesterday since my LOR were marked incomplete even though they were submitted 7/17. They marked it complete an hour later, but I never received an email.

I emailed them yesterday since my LOR were marked incomplete even though they were submitted 7/17. They marked it complete an hour later, but I never received an email.
I emailed them about this problem. Apparently the person who does all this (marks stuff complete) was out of town and got back yesterday. That's probably why

I emailed them about this problem. Apparently the person who does all this (marks stuff complete) was out of town and got back yesterday. That's probably why
Same with CASPer you think? the box for that is still blank for me too, all the other schools have received my score already

Just checked the secondary website. It says my CASPer was received on the 24th, but still no complete notification. Do they send it by e-mail or some other way?

Just checked the secondary website. It says my CASPer was received on the 24th, but still no complete notification. Do they send it by e-mail or some other way?
I don't think they sent complete emails. I never got one before my II

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I took my casper yesterday, how long does it take to be uploaded on the school's portal?

I took my casper yesterday, how long does it take to be uploaded on the school's portal?

You have a WHILE to go. Expect atleast 2-3 weeks for your CASPer to be scored and maybe another few days after scored/sent to see it updated on the portal.

Though I don't know if they review prior to CASPer results.

Did anyone else get a missing items email? When i checked on the portal, only my casper score is missing, and thats because i took it 2 days ago...should i call and let them know?

Did anyone else get a missing items email? When i checked on the portal, only my casper score is missing, and thats because i took it 2 days ago...should i call and let them know?
I emailed them about my score (I took it about a month and a half ago) and they responded "Please check back with us next week after we run another data load. This is the first year we are using CASPer and there are still a few bugs to work out." So I wouldn't. Looks like they're aware of the problem.

Just got an email that my secondary is missing something but i didn't even submit it yet...anyone else?

Lurker here, but yes I just received the same email at 12:50pm about missing items when I haven't submitted my secondary yet either.

Has anyone who took the 7/8 Casper gotten an II yet?

What exactly are they asking for when they say, "Please indicate the last MCAT exam you have taken"? Are they asking for the date of the last MCAT I took? or are they asking for the scores (total or section?)?>

Anyone chose an interview date but has not received a confirmation email?

Got an II! Guess I did okay on the Casper ;)

what is max number of letter of rec for SUNY upstate? msar says upto 5 but i can't find that info in the school website

II today, IS, application complete 8/1

How strict is their Statistics course requirement? Can Calc 2-3 be counted instead?

what is the LOR requirement for MD applicants.
MSAR says 5 letters
website says if I don't have a commitee letter I can submit 2 letter and additional 2 letters --> so 4 letters?
is MSAR wrong?
I understand that MD/phd can submit up to 5 but is that the same with MD applicants?

Is anyone still waiting for a secondary? I'm in-state and was verified by AMCAS two weeks ago.

Does anyone know if you're still considered for the normal MD program when submitting a rural medical scholars secondary? Or do you have to submit a second one?

II!! My first one of the cycle!! So excited!!

Just got an II! Completed 7/13.

Anyone know if interviewing a few weeks earlier increases the probability that I will hear back earlier? I would imagine that is likely the case but not sure.

Just got an II! Completed 7/13.

Anyone know if interviewing a few weeks earlier increases the probability that I will hear back earlier? I would imagine that is likely the case but not sure.
The first date I saw was in October. Idk why September was completely skipped lol.