2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know if everyone is getting put on the waitlist or only a certain amount this year?

The MSAR says 60-100 applicants are waitlisted and 20 of those are accepted off the wait list. Not sure if they will follow that same pattern this cycle though. Hopefully they do!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The MSAR says 60-100 applicants are waitlisted and 20 of those are accepted off the wait list. Not sure if they will follow that same pattern this cycle though. Hopefully they do!
Yeah I saw that too! I was just wondering if anyone has called or asked about this cycle

Has anyone who prematched and ultimately matched here received any emails or other form of communication since match on Friday?

Nah i was just added to the fb group tho

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• 1365BC38-1E7C-4C13-9CE9-1AB0607B829A.png
    1365BC38-1E7C-4C13-9CE9-1AB0607B829A.png
    443.6 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: 1 users
Yall, when is the spring weekend? I want to book tickets before they get expensive...

On another note, I am guessing it is too late to apply for any dual degree, not MD/PhD but like MD/MPH or MBA...I was hoping for a system like at TAMU where you could still apply for their dual degree until March.

WL. Does anyone know if there is a lot of movement on the WL? I dont want to keep my hopes up if there's only 5 ppl who get off the WL :(

WL. Does anyone know if there is a lot of movement on the WL? I dont want to keep my hopes up if there's only 5 ppl who get off the WL :(

Did you get an email or see it on the portal? I’m OOS interviewed in early November and still haven’t heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Anxiously waiting post-match communication for those that didn't match

Did you receive an official waitlist email? I interviewed in September and haven’t heard anything since. In-state btw.

Where are you guys checking if waitlisted?

No where. Pretty sure OP assumed it was auto waitlist since they didn't match. Interviewed in Nov., IS, and havent heard back

Called and asked. Those who made the waitlist will be notified on Feb 22nd.

Reactions: 5 users
Did you receive an official waitlist email? I interviewed in September and haven’t heard anything since. In-state btw.

I am assuming either i am WL or rejected... just want to be on the more optimistic side. I was pre-matched w TTU but didnt get an acceptance on Feb1 from them. I called and asked about TTU sending out WL emails, and they said they do not have a date :(

I am assuming either i am WL or rejected... just want to be on the more optimistic side. I was pre-matched w TTU but didnt get an acceptance on Feb1 from them. I called and asked about TTU sending out WL emails, and they said they do not have a date :(

How did you pre match but then not get accepted?

Unless you ranked another school higher than your pre match and got accepted there. In that case, its pretty much a done deal.

Thank you for calling, the 22nd it is!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an itinerary for the Spring Training Weekend?

Withdrawing my acceptance here today due to other offers. Here’s hoping it goes to one of you still anxiously waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here today due to other offers. Here’s hoping it goes to one of you still anxiously waiting!

Thank you for withdrawing this early instead of waiting last minute! And many thanks for notifying us!

Reactions: 3 users
Called and asked. Those who made the waitlist will be notified on Feb 22nd.

Do you know if this date is only for IS applicants or can OOS applicants be notified about the waitlist as well? Thank you!

Do you know if this date is only for IS applicants or can OOS applicants be notified about the waitlist as well? Thank you!

Hmm I'm assuming its IS on the basis that the waitlist is made up of those who didn't match. Since OOS is rolling admission, idk if there is an OOS waitlist per say.

Just received a post-II rejection email. IS btw

Thought my interviews went very well here. One of my interviewers gave me his email due to my interest in his specialty (primary care). 508 MCAT and 3.66 gpa, so the average for this school.

Still have hope this cycle with my 4 waitlisted schools!

Last edited:
I just got accepted as well! I'm honestly shocked. I never received a waitlist e-mail either, so I was anxiously waiting to see if I would even be put on the waitlist tomorrow.

I just got accepted as well! I'm honestly shocked. I never received a waitlist e-mail either, so I was anxiously waiting to see if I would even be put on the waitlist tomorrow.

Congratulations!

The email I received didn’t mention anything about waitlists, but it did say they could not offer me a position, so it does sound like a rejection.

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

ACCEPTED. Same thing happened to me!! Thought I had no chance after bombing my first interview

So are the people being accepted off waitlist or is this MD/MPH?

So are the people being accepted off waitlist or is this MD/MPH?
TTech sent out some emails about a WL on 2/11. Some of these admissions today may be from WL or were applicants deemed likely but not admitted first round (Match Day). The mechanics of the admission are not important, but anyone on a WL or not yet rejected, just check your emails every few days to see what's up. Congrats to today's acceptees!

Just received a post-II rejection email. IS btw

Thought my interviews went very well here. One of my interviewers gave me his email due to my interest in his specialty (primary care). 508 MCAT and 3.66 gpa, so the average for this school.

Still have hope this cycle with my 4 waitlisted schools!
I’m confused, didn’t I see earlier that you received a prematch here?

Has anyone else still not received correspondence from them?