2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! Since only 5 will be accepted they may already be done sending out those acceptances.
Thank you! Do you know where you heard that the school only accepts 5 MD/MPH applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone tried logging into their portal recently? I just tried and it said that my login attempt was not successful...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well...it’s all in the match process’s court now. Would love to go here

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone figured out what the eraider account was for?

Does anyone know how open the school is to receiving post II updates or additional LORs?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am so nervous about the match this Friday, cant believe its this close D:

Reactions: 2 users
So will we for sure know whether we match, waitlist, or are rejected from the school on Friday? Or could we still be in the dark for the following weeks?

So will we for sure know whether we match, waitlist, or are rejected from the school on Friday? Or could we still be in the dark for the following weeks?
Only if you matched and I think waitlist information usually comes out about a week or two after match day.

Reactions: 1 users
On Feb 1 you will log in to your TMDSAS portal and see either “you have matched to school X” or “no match”. WL position offers may come to you by email fairly soon thereafter.
If you match to a school that was not #1 on your rank list, you might be offered a WL spot at any school you had ranked higher. Lower ranked schools will drop off.
If you do not match, you could still get in off a WL at any school where you interviewed.

One final thing, because I know the language can get confusing: if a school asks you if you would like to be on their WL, respond yes or no. This doesn’t mean you have an offer of admission to that school, just that you will be considered again if a vacancy opens up before the time school starts.

Will some OOS students hear back tomorrow?

Does anyone know around what time tomorrow we can expect to have the match results announced?

Tech is at the top of my list, anyone else?

Best of luck to all of you waiting on the match tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Tech is at the top of my list, anyone else?
Same. I actually have a few IIs that I haven't booked flights for yet OOS, if I get good news back from Tech I'm definitely withdrawing all other invites/acceptances

Received a match offer this morning on the TMDSAS. VERY VERY humbled and blessed :)

Congratulations to all those who matched! Welcome to the family

I matched to TCOM, thankful to have matched somewhere, however I was curious if there was decent waitlist movement for tech?

When is waitlist info sent?

Reactions: 4 users
congrats to everyone who matched!! You are red raiders now!!! #wreckem.
you'll love it here! Can't wait for you all to get here! <3

Do you think there is a lot of WL movement for tech? Idk if I should get my hopes up

There wasnt a lot in last year's thread. But last year there also wasn't so many people with 3+ IIs not matching. So who knows.

Do you think there is a lot of WL movement for tech? Idk if I should get my hopes up
Does everyone get put on a waitlist? because MSAR says they typically put 60-100 people on the waitlist and take 20

Is there an second look weekend offered by the HSC?

On previous threads it looks like Texas Tech maybe sends waitlist emails in April, not sure though.

On previous threads it looks like Texas Tech maybe sends waitlist emails in April, not sure though.
Yeah it looks like they sent waitlist emails in February and started accepting people off the waitlist in April.

It looks like they are going to send out waitlist emails between end of this month and end of March. Below is a history of when their WL emails were sent out.

2014-2015 3/16 Mon
2015-2016 3/25 Fri
2016-2017 3/20 Mon
2017-2018 2/23 Fri

Reactions: 3 users
It looks like they are going to send out waitlist emails between end of this month and end of March. Below is a history of when their WL emails were sent out.

2014-2015 3/16 Mon
2015-2016 3/25 Fri
2016-2017 3/20 Mon
2017-2018 2/23 Fri
Do you know if everyone is getting put on the waitlist or only a certain amount this year?

Do you know if everyone is getting put on the waitlist or only a certain amount this year?
I don't know...:unsure: But I'm going to guess it's only a small number of people. I think I saw in one of the previous TTUHSC forums that they waitlist 100 people.

Has anyone who prematched and ultimately matched here received any emails or other form of communication since match on Friday?