2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I noticed that on MSAR the bottom 10% of matriculants have a 501 MCAT here and I have a low MCAT too, so I was wondering what is it that sets the applicants apart from everyone else and gets them an acceptance other than a high GPA?
ECs, great essays, connections/recommendations from alumnis or people affiliated with the institution.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing 8/29 but leaving on 8/28 around 2 PM from the DFW area. DM me if you are interested in carpooling.

II this morning! Offered early September dates.

Interviewing 8/29 but leaving on 8/28 around 2 PM from the DFW area. DM me if you are interested in carpooling.

Interviewing 8/29 and driving up 8/28 as well but heading up from San Antonio. If anyone wants a ride, let me know.

So I noticed that on MSAR the bottom 10% of matriculants have a 501 MCAT here and I have a low MCAT too, so I was wondering what is it that sets the applicants apart from everyone else and gets them an acceptance other than a high GPA?

I have the same concern. I have a lizzy score of 65, submitted my 2nd mid-june, and I haven't received an II... do you think I have a chance to interview at TTU?

I have the same concern. I have a lizzy score of 65, submitted my 2nd mid-june, and I haven't received an II... do you think I have a chance to interview at TTU?
I'm in the same boat. OOS applicant. I'm quite sure my scores don't blow anyone's hair back, but hoping my ECs and essays help my cause!

Reactions: 1 users
New to SDN but figured I’d add my two cents. Submitted my secondary mid June, got an II July 17th. OOS, 519, 3.95 both GPAs, LM 77. II scheduled for Sept 7th

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday around 2 PM! LizzyM 69, reapp, IS, complete early June for Tech. Interview dates were late September

should you leave boxes unchecked for areas of interest if you have never had any relevant activities...? i'm just interested in some of them but don't have any experience in them.

hi. I have a lizzy score of 67. it's been two months since i submitted my secondary. do i have a chance for an ii? im IS

II! IS, Lizzy75, ORM, submitted early August. Interview dates were all in September.

The interview here is super laid back and chill. Both interviews felt like conversations.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who took the survey after the interview, the first question was from very dissatisfied to very satisfied or the other way around? Sorry, I took the survey early in the morning and can’t remember if I read it correctly.

II just now. IS w/ LizzyM 70 submitted secondary early July

Reactions: 1 users
My first interviewer grilled me hard, second was chill/conversational

Did they grill you about anything in particular or was it just like a stress interview where you get pushback on everything?

What did most people wear to the pre-interview dinner?

For those who interviewed on 8/17, has the school been listed on your TMDSAS school rank preference?

For those who interviewed on 8/17, has the school been listed on your TMDSAS school rank preference?
I interviewed 8/10, still waiting.

Update (8/11/18): TTU is there now.

Last edited:
IS, lizzy M 70, submitted secondary mid july. No news

Do you have all your letters in? I didn't start hearing back until mine were in on 8/9 and I submitted all my secondaries late June/Early July.
everything is in, the only thing that was added recently was casper scores. other than that, everything has been in

II received today!! IS and currently attending TTU. Secondary submitted 7/19. LizzyM of 60.

Reactions: 4 users
Lizzy M 68, OOS attending TTU, everything complete 7/17. Still waiting.

I interviewed here yesterday. It was great. Everyone was really friendly and the interviews were stress free. :)

Reactions: 3 users
My final letter was submitted 8/27 and verified by tmdsas same day, yet the portal for Lubbock says incomplete. Should I call to see if there’s a problem or has anyones portal taken longer than a week to update?

Interview invite today via email. Portal shows 9/2, 9/28, and 10/5 open. LizzyM is 70.5 and submitted secondary 7/7. IS reapplicant ORM.

For those who interviewed on 8/31 or 8/30, has this school shown up on your match preference yet?

Hm that's really odd then. I interviewed on 8/31 and it still isn't listed.
I interviewed on 8/29, so maybe they just haven't updated your group yet!

Last edited:
II by email! LizzyM 66.6 complete by 8/20. Literally the last school I applied to and it was my first II!

Reactions: 2 users