2018-2019 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS with LizzyScore of 71 and good ECs. Haven’t received a secondary yet. Should I be worried?
IS lizzy~80 and good ECs, verified super early, also waiting. Nerve-racking, but I think the order in which they review apps/send secondaries is just a bit weird. All we can do is be patient and try super hard not to be neurotic

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got secondary, IS. AMCAS submitted 7/9

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a secondary!! OOS, stats in my sig, verified 7/10

Super excited

Last edited:
Got a secondary a few hours ago! IS, LM: 70, verified 7/10

I'm hyped yall. Top choice right here

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

For everyones own edification I called the admissions office and they said they send ~2/3 of applicants secondaries. They don't read letters of rec until the secondary is recieved either.

Reactions: 3 users
For everyones own edification I called the admissions office and they said they send ~2/3 of applicants secondaries. They don't read letters of rec until the secondary is recieved either.

Wow, that's a much larger fraction than I would have expected!

I heard they take Letters of Rec very seriously here so they may use them more when deciding IIs.

I heard they take Letters of Rec very seriously here so they may use them more when deciding IIs.
Where did you hear this? Two of my letters are outstanding so hopefully they will persuade them to send me an II

Wow I hope you got a LOR from him/her!
Haha of course. Plus hes the type where you do the most minimal thing and hes like "you are great. Amazing work. The conference loved us and wouldnt start talking!" so I hope his letter is the same way haha

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else OOS still waiting for a secondary?

Reactions: 3 users
Got a secondary today! OOS, totally unexpected!
Edit: submitted primary on the first day, so everyone out there in the same boat, don't lose hope!

Last edited:
YESS! Received secondary around 9 pm today. For everyone out there who was verified in early June and transmitted on the first day and thought you got passed up, there is still hope! LizzyM 77 OOS

Got a secondary last night! LM 75, OOS

Who is applying to PRIME-US? If you're interested in swapping essays let me know!

Is there any trend in turn around time for these secondaries? It's been ~2 weeks, starting to get nervous even thought it's probably just my neuroticism showing lol

Didn't think I'd get a secondary but I managed to get one!
LM 69 (hehe) OOS

Anyone know how many people they send secondaries to out of the applicant pool?

Still waiting, OOS, slowly losing hope lmao

Just received secondary!! LM 74 IS. Seems like they're still slowly going through them so don't lose hope!

Secondary received. LM 77 OOS. I was transmitted to schools on day 1, so there really doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to the order they’re sending them out. So I would recommend patience instead of doing what I did and wondering where the red flag in my application was.

Holy crap FIIIIIINNNNAAALLLLYYY got a secondary here. After visiting SF earlier this summer with some friends I fell in love with the city. Hopefully they show me some love back!

I was verified 6/1, have pretty high stats (LM~81), and already got some success at other schools so I was really confused about this secondary not coming in yet. They're just slowly getting through everyone's application I guess so don't lose hope!