2018-2019 University of Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS Alt List.

Members don't see this ad.

Also alt list.

Anyone w an active MSAR able to check # usually on WL list/ accepted off of it? When i interviewed last year i remember there being numbers on this somewhere but idk now where I got them from/ what they were

Also alt list.

Anyone w an active MSAR able to check # usually on WL list/ accepted off of it? When i interviewed last year i remember there being numbers on this somewhere but idk now where I got them from/ what they were

From current MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: Approximately 50
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 24

Members don't see this ad :)
x3 Alt list as well. Seriously wish good luck everyone.

Here are some of my stats if anyone finds this useful.
2nd time IS applicant, had gotten a post-bac and a masters (from a top 10 university) to improve,
Strengths (extracurriculars - tons of pt. experience, research, volunteering, etc.) i.e former EMT/volunteer FF, published clinical and benchwork research, ARC and community clinic volunteer, 4th grade teacher, etc.
Weaknesses - Below average accepted MCAT, above average GPA, about average sGPA.
Just of curiosity what day did you interview? I think we were in the same group.

Hey Y'all,
I just got the rejection (3/14/2019) I'm instate, LizzyM 68, traditional, ORM, ~400 Clinic/volunteer hours, 50 hours shadowing, female, interviewed in October. I've been a long time lurker on this thread and the rejection made me feel a little worthless but I just wanted to reach out to those that feel that way and say that you shouldn't.

Obviously, there will be rejections in this process, due to statistics of applicants vs. positions available. This rejection and others do not value you as a person. Just like how one trait doesn't and cannot define you, whether it be race, gender, sex, weight, socio-economic status. If you're on the alt. list, I give my heart out to you in staying sane.
Even though I would have loved to go here because my family is here, I've been fortunate enough to get into a D.O school in Nevada. If this is/has been your 2+ applying, I would recommend applying to D.O in addition to M.D next time. I work at PCH and although I am aware of the potential disadvantages of D.O, I fully believe that these will diminish over time as more graduates/practicing physicians become D.Os. I've also seen many M.Ds (all but one surgeon) treating D.Os the same.
There will be stigma no matter where you go. There will be hardships, I just took this as that maybe I'll mature more in Nevada away from my family.

Again, I just wanted to post this because I'm fortunate enough to have very encouraging people in my life, and the news of my rejection came at the same time that my professor gave me rave reviews on an article, so it helped negate my negative feelings towards myself.
So please please please, you neurotics out there, the rejection is bound to happen to someone with the sheer amount of applications. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Reactions: 8 users
Posting for a friend who doesn't have SDN: waitlist IS, yesterday 11am

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Accepted 9am on Thursday! Must have been one of the very last ones. Good luck everyone- I know they take quite a few people from the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
UUSOM just had a second look day this last week. Fingers crossed for everyone on the waitlist with me.

Has anybody here heard back from the school about institutional scholarships/loans yet?

Still on the Idaho waitlist. Does anyone know if this list moves much? I'm really hoping to attend this school.

Congratulations on your acceptance! To my fellow alternates, I wish you all the best.

Reactions: 1 user
I am hoping so vigorously that there is movement on this list within the next week now that Apr 30 is come.

In past years, there appears to be have been significant WL movement (and I've noticed that the 2023 FB group members # has been fluctuating), and I've been hearing rumors that more calls will happen soon. To everybody still waiting to hear back, I am crossing my fingers for y'all to receive good news within the next few days; hopefully we can become classmates in the fall!

In past years, there appears to be have been significant WL movement (and I've noticed that the 2023 FB group members # has been fluctuating), and I've been hearing rumors that more calls will happen soon. To everybody still waiting to hear back, I am crossing my fingers for y'all to receive good news within the next few days; hopefully we can become classmates in the fall!

Thanks for the FB group update :) and the research you did for us! I don’t know you but I like you.

I was accepted off the Idaho waitlist and have declined the acceptance. I hope you hear back soon!

Got accepted off the MD PhD alternate list today! I hope many more wait list call comes in the next few days:)

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted off of the OOS waitlist earlier this afternoon! I hope many more waitlist calls come for all of you who are still waiting!! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like there hasn’t been much waitlist movement at any of the schools I’m waitlisted at, is this something you guys are noticing?

Seems like there hasn’t been much waitlist movement at any of the schools I’m waitlisted at, is this something you guys are noticing?

I immediately withdrew out of all my WL's so not personal experience, but I've heard this concern from a couple of people. Just a conjecture but it might be because with all the new AAMC changes, what with "Commit to Enroll" and such, schools are taking a bit longer to figure out how to proceed forward with WL's. Hopefully more WL movement will happen soon!

Accepted off waitlist this morning! IS applicant

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I’m an Idaho resident and got an email yesterday telling me I was no longer being considered and I was removed from the waitlist. Good luck everyone else!

I’m an Idaho resident and got an email yesterday telling me I was no longer being considered and I was removed from the waitlist. Good luck everyone else!
Best of luck to you as well.

I am an Idaho resident, and I received an email on Saturday informing me that I would no longer be considered. Not sure if that means all their Idaho spots are taken, or what. Good luck to everybody else!

I am an Idaho resident, and I received an email on Saturday informing me that I would no longer be considered. Not sure if that means all their Idaho spots are taken, or what. Good luck to everybody else!
You would think that they would keep several on the waitlist just in case. It’s frustrating I wish they wouldn’t have even put me on the waitlist to begin with just to take it back.

Did you get in to UW?

You would think that they would keep several on the waitlist just in case. It’s frustrating I wish they wouldn’t have even put me on the waitlist to begin with just to take it back.

Did you get in to UW?

Nope, but I did get into TCOM, so, pretty excited about that!