2018-2019 University of Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that Wednesday’s are the day when they make a majority of their calls? Or is that more just rumor?

Reactions: 1 user
Is it true that Wednesday’s are the day when they make a majority of their calls? Or is that more just rumor?

That’s the day I got my call but I can’t say it’s the only day, they might do other days as well.

Is anyone who’s been accepted able to give us an idea of how many people have been thus far? (I.e. # of people on accepted students FB page maybe?) thanks!!

Reactions: 2 users
64 as of right now. Not sure how many are committed to Utah, or if there are more than a few admins and how many acceptances are just not in the group.

64 as of right now. Not sure how many are committed to Utah, or if there are more than a few admins and how many acceptances are just not in the group.

You are the real MVP.

Did you get invited to the Facebook page immediately after being accepted? Or was there lag time at all?

You are the real MVP.

Did you get invited to the Facebook page immediately after being accepted? Or was there lag time at all?

Little bit of a lag. The group wasn’t quite set up yet so I am not reliable on that one. I’m not sure about recent acceptance experiences. Maybe someone can help enlighten us more...

I got my call on a Thursday, so they do call on other days though not certain how common it is (considering my anecdote is just n=1).

You are the real MVP.

For me, I had to email the Office of Admissions requesting to join the class FB page. It took me a few days to email them, and then there were a couple of hours between my email and them responding.

I do know of a couple of people who have been admitted here, but are not on the class FB page. And I've also heard of several people on the class FB page who are planning to go somewhere else.

Good luck to everybody still waiting to hear back! Hopefully we'll be able to become classmates in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
@dapperdoc
I was following your posts from last year’s thread. I can’t imagine what it’s like doing it all over again. Mad props to you! I hope we can be classmates this fall.

Reactions: 1 users
@dapperdoc
I was following your posts from last year’s thread. I can’t imagine what it’s like doing it all over again. Mad props to you! I hope we can be classmates this fall.
Thanks! It's definitely been a rollercoaster and I hoped I wouldn't have to do it again. But here I am. I hope we can be too!

Alright, so what have people heard? Have any friends who were called today?

I have three guys I know (two at BYU and one at the U) and none of them heard anything.

I’m hoping they just didn’t stick with this whole “first Wednesday of March” trend that they had The last couple of years?

Alright, so what have people heard? Have any friends who were called today?

I have three guys I know (two at BYU and one at the U) and none of them heard anything.

I’m hoping they just didn’t stick with this whole “first Wednesday of March” trend that they had The last couple of years?

Nope. Didn't hear anything. Hoping the same thing.

Same. I’m dying inside.

Hopefully we all get calls today! If you get a call or know someone that does, let us know on here. Good luck all.

How in the world can I go the whole last year without a sales call from a random salt lake number and then get one now?? I’m shaking right now from adrenaline because I was so sure that it was Dr. Chan!

Anyone interview in January and hear anything yet?! Hoping we all get calls soon!!

Anyone interview in January and hear anything yet?! Hoping we all get calls soon!!
Nothing yet. I received an email yesterday about financial aid appointments. Did everyone get that email?

Last edited:
Nothing yet. I received an email yesterday about financial aid appointments. Did everyone get that email?
I got no email. Do you think that they maybe sent you that email because you’re accepted but just haven’t called yet?

I didn't receive it either. What did it say? Just another thing to make me even more neurotic and paranoid.

Reactions: 4 users
I didn’t get one either.. have you tried logging into the portal where we accepted the interview invite and filled out the secondary? What does your status say?

The email said that they were taking financial aid walk-in appointments yesterday morning/early afternoon. My applicant portal isn't any different than its been since completing my interview in January. Not sure what to think. I've been waitlisted and denied previously and haven't received a financial aid email like this before. The entire medical school application process is stressful. Fingers crossed for all of us.

@P Tom @scribbles&rambles
Did you two also receive this email since you’ve been accepted?

Yes I got it and went up to one of those sessions. I think it’s weird to have that email without an acceptance...I would get in contact with the office of admissions to let them know. FB group as of right now is 67.

Anybody that has access to the Facebook group want to give us an update? If anyone hears of any updates/acceptances this week please post cause the silence is killing me haha!

Anybody that has access to the Facebook group want to give us an update? If anyone hears of any updates/acceptances this week please post cause the silence is killing me haha!

The number of members has only bumped up from 67 to 68. So unless people aren’t joining the FB group, looks like many acceptances will be rolling in the next couple of days?

Reactions: 1 users
I heard of someone getting waitlisted in the last few days, no other news to report.

I heard of someone getting waitlisted in the last few days, no other news to report.

People are being waitlisted already? Interesting, i thought they waited until thr 15th for all that

People are being waitlisted already? Interesting, i thought they waited until thr 15th for all that
I know, right? Just another thing for me to obsess about and overanalyze.

Right?? This whole time I’ve just been anxious whenever I get a phone call. Now every time I get an alert on my phone, I’ll have a heart attack.

The number of members has only bumped up from 67 to 68. So unless people aren’t joining the FB group, looks like many acceptances will be rolling in the next couple of days?
68 members...Are there more that have been invited or anything?

68 members...Are there more that have been invited or anything?

I have heard of 3-4 people who got in but I do not see them in the FB group (granted one of them was def MTSP so admissions might have a separate group for that crew). But it’s really hard to say who is joining and who isn’t unfortunately. :(

I have heard of 3-4 people who got in but I do not see them in the FB group (granted one of them was def MTSP so admissions might have a separate group for that crew). But it’s really hard to say who is joining and who isn’t unfortunately. :(
It looked like there was a way to know in one of the past years threads. Oh well...and thanks to those who are accepted and are helping us to stay sane!!

Anybody have any idea at all of how many Idaho acceptances have been given out (roughly)? It seems like there are quite a few acceptances that will be going out this Wed/Thurs before we get waitlists/rejections on Friday.

So the FB group is at 68. I assume that means at least like 75 acceptances are out. Can someone remind me what the full class size is?

Anxious time all. Will be staring at my phone for probably all of Wednesday and Thursday.

Anybody have any idea at all of how many Idaho acceptances have been given out (roughly)? It seems like there are quite a few acceptances that will be going out this Wed/Thurs before we get waitlists/rejections on Friday.

So the FB group is at 68. I assume that means at least like 75 acceptances are out. Can someone remind me what the full class size is?

Anxious time all. Will be staring at my phone for probably all of Wednesday and Thursday.

Full class size is 125 if I remember correctly.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!