2018-2019 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Absolutely loved the interview there! Just be confident :) My biggest advice is to be sincere

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed 8/31.

Hang on there, guys~ The wait is long, but they're definitely not going in order because people interviewed after me got acceptances before me. Trust the process~~
Congrats on the acceptance! I was curious as to which campus you were accepted into?

Reactions: 1 users
You can do:

only VT
only CT
prefer VT
prefer CT

You do this post interview!

Lmaooo I put down a speeding ticket but still got an II
Just to clear up the speeding ticket business: The purpose of the question is to determine if you will have a significant issue on your criminal background check that will interfere with your later admission if you are accepted. Speeding tickets only get you in trouble if you have many (which can indicate recklessness, personal irresponsibility and a disregard for compliance), or if you haven't disclosed them, which indicates dishonesty or lack of accountability (remember, they show up on your pre-admission background check). Other than that, having speeding tickets is not an impediment to interview, acceptance and admission - they can occasionally happen to anyone!

No price different; I don't think. But they run through the options during the interview too!

ok . thank you . And does the price differ? do they explain you the difference in detail?

They go over the two options in detail. I chose Connecticut because I'm from NY and my family is here, but Vermont seems really nice too

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone been able to make a deposit. And if so, when did you receive your acceptance?

Embrace being left hanging on decisions, there is no order or algorithm you can use to know when you will hear, so just embrace the wait and don't borrow worry or trouble. II 7/27, interviewed 8/31 and haven't heard back yet WOO!

Edit: interviewed 8/31, not II then

I applied the very first week they were sending out applications (7th of July I think ???) and still nothing ....

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder when the next round of acceptances will be

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted on October 24th!

Interviewed on 9/14 and got CT campus (which was my preference)

They notified me by email at around 11 am EST!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I've been lurking on this thread for a bit. I noticed a lot of the interview seats have already extended through January, and I haven't heard back yet (this would be one of my top choice schools). Is it worth losing hope yet?

LizzyM= 68, OOS

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this thread for a bit. I noticed a lot of the interview seats have already extended through January, and I haven't heard back yet (this would be one of my top choice schools). Is it worth losing hope yet?

LizzyM= 68, OOS
I think there is still hope! Interviews go all the way until March (ish) I believe, so there is still time! I'm also holding onto hope lol

Is anyone who interviewed on 8/31 still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 2 users
Kinda ridiculous it’s been over 2 months
It's nothing we weren't expecting! They were very clear that this season was all new for them and that admissions decisions are going to go out slowly and carefully in the beginning to control numbers for the different campuses. I think we can all appreciate the changes they're making and understand we might have to wait a bit longer because of it!

Reactions: 1 users
R just now post-II. Interviewed 8/14 9/14, preferred VT. I felt as if I bombed the MMI here so I wasn't too surprised.

Good luck to everyone awaiting decisions!

Last edited:
Rejected post interview. Suuuper bummed, thought I did well on the MMI but I guess not. Best of luck to you all!

R just now post-II. Interviewed 8/14, preferred VT. I felt as if I bombed the MMI here so I wasn't too surprised.

Good luck to everyone awaiting decisions!

Sorry to hear! Did you mean 9/14? Pretty sure 8/31 was the first interview date

Anyone else in the post-II group that is neither R or A? Maybe we are all looking at waitlist soon enough lol

Hey all,
I know with the NDA you guys can’t say much, but how hard are the MMIs, any tips? This is my first interview and I’m really nervous :/

Hey all,
I know with the NDA you guys can’t say much, but how hard are the MMIs, any tips? This is my first interview and I’m really nervous :/
Some are harder than others. Treat each station as a fresh opportunity versus being down on yourself if you mess up on one .

Been complete since the first week of July but still nothing yet :(

Reactions: 3 users
Been complete since the first week of July but still nothing yet :(

Same here...and I even grew up in Vermont! Was definitely hoping to hear back something by now. Wonder how far out they are at this point

Same here...and I even grew up in Vermont! Was definitely hoping to hear back something by now. Wonder how far out they are at this point
Im OOS so it might be little bit different to me but hopefully we hear something soon

For the clinical choices, is it better to say “only” vs “prefer”? I really just love the CT campus, so I’m inclined to say “only” but I’m afraid that if it is not available, then there’s a higher chance that I would get rejected vs saying “prefer” where then I’m more likely to be placed in VT since I don’t “want it as bad”