2018-2019 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the clinical choices, is it better to say “only” vs “prefer”? I really just love the CT campus, so I’m inclined to say “only” but I’m afraid that if it is not available, then there’s a higher chance that I would get rejected vs saying “prefer” where then I’m more likely to be placed in VT since I don’t “want it as bad”
I think they said that choosing "only" could hurt your acceptance chances during the day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I am an OOS student where the weather is very warm all the time and I am looking for a bit of advice. My interview for Vermont is in December and I was wondering how much warm clothing should I be prepared to wear. I know this is kinda out of scope but I am just seeking advice from the local people.
Portions of Michigan were in the 20-degree range today. Wear jeans and layer a sweater and jacket over whatever shirt you decide to wear on the plane, since you probably don't have a winter jacket. Some girls wear yoga pants. I have no idea if these are warm, but I doubt they are adequate. Gloves with good dexterity if you need to use a car.

Also, still hoping for an interview. Living in Burlington would be great.

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my acceptance to the Vermont campus! I’m OOS and interviewed 9/14

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who paid the $100 acceptance deposit-- where can I find the link?? It says it's at the bottom of the page on the online application center. I can't find it!!

Last edited:
Hi all, I am an OOS student where the weather is very warm all the time and I am looking for a bit of advice. My interview for Vermont is in December and I was wondering how much warm clothing should I be prepared to wear. I know this is kinda out of scope but I am just seeking advice from the local people.

I am so glad you asked this question. It has been on my mind very seriously as someone who lives in a state where a dusting of snow closes down everything for a week.

ACCEPTED!! This is my first and I couldn't be more stoked.

OOS, URM, non-trad, Reinventor, II late September, CT campus.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to the VT campus today as well!! I interviewed 9/29.

My acceptance was in my spam so everyone check in there!! Surprised because I have a .edu email address. I am so excited; I absolutely loved UVM!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got waitlisted post interview. I interviewed 10/26. How many people do they accept off the waitlist?

Dress WARM! You will definitely need layers, a winter coat, boots in case there is snow for when you are walking around at any point other than during your interview (there will very likely be snow piled up on the ground in December), gloves/mittens, and a hat or one of those warm headbands.

For interview attire, if you're a girl, I wouldn't recommend wearing a skirt or a dress. I would wear pants but you should be fine wearing regular shoes when you are on-campus (as campus walkways will likely be cleared? I hope?).

Idk how much of the tour would actually would take place outside during the Winter but im guessing not much of it. HAVE FUN! :) The snow is beautiful

ACCEPTED!!! First of the cycle! Wasn't expecting to hear until mid December so was an amazing surprise. Interviewed 9/29 OOS, accepted to CT campus which I put as my preference

Reactions: 2 users
My flight was at 6 and I had plenty of time. The airport is tiny and is 10minutes away

I did 4:30 on a Friday and made it with an hour to spare. There wasn't a line for TSA. 5:30 should be more than enough!

thank you. I will try to book mine for 530 then. Appreciate it.

How did you feel about interview? It is MMI, right?

i am sorry if someone asked this before, but does the school offer student hosts?
Also, does anyone (female) have an interview on February 8th and is willing to split the cost of the hotel room? they are REALLY expensive here.

i am sorry if someone asked this before, but does the school offer student hosts?
Also, does anyone (female) have an interview on February 8th and is willing to split the cost of the hotel room? they are REALLY expensive here.
They do offer student hosts! You only hear back if youve been matched with one about a week before your interview.

thank you. I will try to book mine for 530 then. Appreciate it.

How did you feel about interview? It is MMI, right?
More than enough time! We finished at around 3:30 and the airport is a 10 minute drive. The airport is super small, so I had 0 wait for TSA.

During interviews.

They send you an email after the interview asking which location you prefer.

During interviews.

They send you an email after the interview asking which location you prefer.
Thanks . I am sorry I am asking so many questions . It is just that I never even hoped they would invite me :). So I feel like I am not informed .

so, at what point do they explain you the difference? At what point do you make a choice? Also, if it is not too much to ask, what selection factors did you use?
And in regards to selection factors, I decided based on populations served. Just to clarify, the campus selected is for clinical years 3-4. The CT campus is more urban and diverse (Norwalk/Danbury, decent proximity to the NYC metro area) and I'm personally familiar with the particular clinical sites associated with it. The faculty also made it clear that elective rotations can still be done at either site if there's anything specific you'd like to experience at the other campus.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a strong interest email as well. Guessing this is their version of a deferred decision. Interviewed 9/29

yea it means they haven't made a decision whether we should be accepted rejected or WL

FWIW I’m guessing a flat out rejection is out of the question at this point or they wouldn’t be strongly considering us still. So it’s probably A or WL

FWIW I’m guessing a flat out rejection is out of the question at this point or they wouldn’t be strongly considering us still. So it’s probably A or WL
yea true I thought that after commenting lol prob gonna be WL or A. so this decision is better than a WL ultimately since may lead to an A!

Waitlisted this morning, 9/14 interview.

For those that received strong interest emails, did you receive those after being put on the waitlist or is this your first communication from them?