2018-2019 University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Though they didn't specify the program, correct? Based on the overall silence I'd assume they may have been WARM, MD/PhD, or something similar...

My friend is an IS MD applicant at UW interview today
He received a II two weeks ago

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear. Were you complete 8/19?
Nope. the registrar took some time to confirm my status. After it was confirmed I waited a few days before emailing admissions and telling them my status was confirmed. A few minutes later my application was "complete."

So sorry to hear, that's a real punch in the gut :( Would you mind sharing your stats? I wouldn't mind figuring out if they have a cut off.

upload_2018-9-24_8-51-19.png

MCAT: 513

DO:
Primaries: 5
Secondaries: 5
Interviews: 1
Rejects: None so far
Acceptances: None so far

MD:
Primaries: 6
Secondaries: 6
Rejects: 1

EC: I suppose I'm semi-nontrad with an MPH, some breast cancer research, primary care research, international volunteering, ~150 hours of clinical volunteering/shadowing, many more smaller things.

I knew I was already on ice because of my shortcomings as an undergraduate, just hoped the hard work I put in to become a more disciplined student would be enough. Guess not. It stinks to leave home, but hopefully Minnesota will take me...I have an interview Thursday!

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
UW seems very holistic with their review! I’m sorry sdharam! It’s tough we just have to have faith that we will end up where we are meant to be. ☺️ Patience waiting for an answer is tough for me lol.
Indeed! I've realized I need to keep a positive attitude for what's ahead. Best of luck to you!

View attachment 240067

MCAT: 513

DO:
Primaries: 5
Secondaries: 5
Rejects: None so far

MD:
Primaries: 6
Secondaries: 6
Rejects: 1

EC: I suppose I'm semi-nontrad with an MPH, some breast cancer research, primary care research, international volunteering, ~150 hours of clinical volunteering/shadowing, many more smaller things.

I knew I was already on ice because of my shortcomings as an undergraduate, just hoped the hard work I put in to become a more disciplined student would be enough. Guess not. It stinks to leave home, but hopefully Minnesota will take me...I have an interview Thursday!

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for sharing! And best of luck at Minnesota - if you ask me, you’re totally MD material and UW is pretty closed minded for counting you out because of poor performance freshman year. You’ll kill this!

Rejected today. OOS. LM 72. Complete 7/17. I thought that my secondary here was really great, so kind of a bummer. Best of luck all!

II today!

IS secondary submitted 8/19 LM~69

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!!! IS and love UW-Madison! They give you an interview date and are scheduling mid October.

II OOS
Stats: 3.8/519
Complete 7/18

Do any current students or people that live in the area have suggestions for places to stay? My friend & I are under 21 so we’re not sure how hotel booking will go

Do any current students or people that live in the area have suggestions for places to stay? My friend & I are under 21 so we’re not sure how hotel booking will go

The Best Western Inn Towner Madison.. It is a 5-10 minute walk from the campus in a cool part of the city. UWSMPH also gives you a code for a cheaper room (110ish versus 130-140+). It should be provided in your II e-mail. I'd call the hotel and ask about the age thing, but I haven't personally heard of that posing an issue.

The Best Western Inn Towner Madison.. It is a 5-10 minute walk from the campus in a cool part of the city. UWSMPH also gives you a code for a cheaper room (110ish versus 130-140+). It should be provided in your II e-mail. I'd call the hotel and ask about the age thing, but I haven't personally heard of that posing an issue.
Great, thank you so much!

Or there's plenty of AirBNB options if you're open to that

Or there's plenty of AirBNB options if you're open to that
I was looking into that, I just get nervous cause they give you a radius instead of the actual address before you book. But it looks like most of the hotels in the area are 18+

R just now. OOS (northern IL), LM 70, complete 7/30. good luck everyone!

R two days ago. OOS, LM 61-62.

R this morning. Instate (3.4 uGPA, 3.94 grad GPA, 518 MCAT). It hurts...

Yet another R. Complete 7/24. Makes sense, though, as an OOS applicant with no ties whatsoever ...

Last edited:
II just now!!! First MD II, this is surreal. IS, submitted 8/19

If anyone who's had an interview so far could give any advice I'd really appreciate it! Mine's already next week. Also, has anyone gone to the informal social events? Do you guys recommend it?

Last edited:
II just now!!! First MD II, this is surreal. IS, submitted 8/19

If anyone who's had an interview so far could give any advice I'd really appreciate it! Mine's already next week. Also, has anyone gone to the informal social events? Do you guys recommend it?

Common interview skills will help you. I would recommend being relaxed and enjoying the back-and-forth between your interviewer. Everyone loved who they were interviewed by.

As someone who interviewed twice and attended all socials, I’d recommend going to both of them to really explore what students emphasize about the school. The diversity breakfast was a good way to kick the day off too. All of the students and staff at the breakfast were really friendly and it helped my fellow interviewees and I feel comfortable and at-ease. It also illustrates that UW cares about being inclusive.

II for WARM this morning! So excited and happy!!!

IS, completed 9/13, LM 69.

Reactions: 2 users
Common interview skills will help you. I would recommend being relaxed and enjoying the back-and-forth between your interviewer. Everyone loved who they were interviewed by.

As someone who interviewed twice and attended all socials, I’d recommend going to both of them to really explore what students emphasize about the school. The diversity breakfast was a good way to kick the day off too. All of the students and staff at the breakfast were really friendly and it helped my fellow interviewees and I feel comfortable and at-ease. It also illustrates that UW cares about being inclusive.

Thank you! I think I’m definitely going to the breakfast; I was just wary about the dinner because I live ~1 hour away and was planning on driving down the morning of to save hotel money. I’ll rethink it though!

Thank you! I think I’m definitely going to the breakfast; I was just wary about the dinner because I live ~1 hour away and was planning on driving down the morning of to save hotel money. I’ll rethink it though!

Just so you know, it’s not really a dinner, but there are snacks! I definitely slayed a Jimmy John’s sub after.

II OOS
LizzyM around 66-67, completed first week of August
Very surprised but thrilled:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, they said to send an email confirming our interview by 10/8, aka tomorrow. I sent the email last Wednesday, but have not heard back from them. How can I ensure that they got my email? How long did it take you guys to hear back? I don't want to send another email unnecessarily.

Hey guys, they said to send an email confirming our interview by 10/8, aka tomorrow. I sent the email last Wednesday, but have not heard back from them. How can I ensure that they got my email? How long did it take you guys to hear back? I don't want to send another email unnecessarily.

Same situation here. I was thinking maybe they would wait until the day of/day after their reply-by deadline to send the "additional info" email. My plan was to wait until the day after the reply-by deadline to send a follow-up. Lmk if you hear anything from them and I'll do the same!

Same situation here. I was thinking maybe they would wait until the day of/day after their reply-by deadline to send the "additional info" email. My plan was to wait until the day after the reply-by deadline to send a follow-up. Lmk if you hear anything from them and I'll do the same!

That's what I was thinking!! Sounds like a plan :)

That's what I was thinking!! Sounds like a plan :)
When are you interviewing? I am interviewing the 12th. I replied the 25th and received my interview confirmation September 26th. Good luck at your interview!!

Last edited: