2018-2019 Wake Forest University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a big wave of rejections around 9/13 last year. I wonder if we will see the same thing 🙁
Come on people... The admissions committee probably have more important things to worry about than the medical school application process right now. Let's just hope everyone is safe and sound instead of asking why no information is coming out from this school rn.
 
Come on people... The admissions committee probably have more important things to worry about than the medical school application process right now. Let's just hope everyone is safe and sound instead of asking why no information is coming out from this school rn.
Lol, it's not like its a war zone out here. Classes/interviews are cancelled, but we're gonna be spared the majority of the damage. I don't think anyone is running around with their hair on fire this far inland.
 
Should I still have access to a portal after submitting the secondary? I have tried logging in to the portal and get error messages, don't know if I should contact them about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I still have access to a portal after submitting the secondary? I have tried logging in to the portal and get error messages, don't know if I should contact them about it.

Yeah, I still have access to mine. Have you tried accessing it from the secondary email? I just clicked on the link provided in #2 of the secondary invite email, labeled “portal link”. I can still access it on my phone and using chrome on my desktop.
 
Does Wake Forest have a minimum MCAT score? I don't want to submit a secondary just to be told that a 503 MCAT won't cut it 🙁 My GPA is on the higher end. Thanks!!
 
Does Wake Forest have a minimum MCAT score? I don't want to submit a secondary just to be told that a 503 MCAT won't cut it 🙁 My GPA is on the higher end. Thanks!!

I would love to know this too, $125 is a lot to drop for a big NO... I know it is late in the cycle too, but I'm waiting to hit submit on my secondary
 
Yeah I saw that, it is just hard to gauge what that really means. It does not mean that low stats have no chance so..............still no idea what to do haha
The longer you wait to turn your secondary in the less likely you become to receive an interview. If you don’t apply then your chance is 0. Just like Kap said “just do it”.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete? and were you IS or OOS?

Really hoping for some love from WF!!
I'm OOS but I'm a military spouse and our last base was in NC. I'm not in NC now but we do hope to go back to Bragg.

*edit: I got my secondary invite on 7/2 and submitted it on 7/22. It's the only school that gave me an interview so far.

I chose Oct 10, but I also saw Oct 24 and a few others.
 
Full Disclosure - I saw this in another eerily quiet thread and died laughing. The very next day, a slew of IIs came out, so here's to hoping this works.


A1BA621A-41D4-4C15-9C7A-18A54737A0C8.jpeg
 
You will be marked complete. When did you submit your secondary? I got my complete Email about a week after submitting my secondary.
I did receive one complete email one day after submitting secondary, which is August 18. I thought there might be another 'formal' completion email. 🙂 thank you!
 
For everyone who has interviewed already, when you look at your checklist online, does it have a place to upload a Letter of Interest? I have this on my checklist as Letter of Interest (Waitlisted Applicants only) and I’m wondering if it means I’ve been waitlisted or if everyone can see this!
 
Mostly adding this so future applicants have another data point, but I received an II last week (9/27). Looking forward to seeing the school and hopefully meeting some of you all! Completed my secondary in early July.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone who has interviewed already, when you look at your checklist online, does it have a place to upload a Letter of Interest? I have this on my checklist as Letter of Interest (Waitlisted Applicants only) and I’m wondering if it means I’ve been waitlisted or if everyone can see this!
I have NOT interviewed and can see that option on the checklist. Doesn't mean you haven't been selected for the waitlist, but that option is there on everyone's checklist I believe. Good luck and let us know when you do hear back!
 
I have NOT interviewed and can see that option on the checklist. Doesn't mean you haven't been selected for the waitlist, but that option is there on everyone's checklist I believe. Good luck and let us know when you do hear back!

Thank you so much!! This alleviates some of my worry! I certainly will let everyone know when I hear, and good luck to you as well!
 
II today!!! LM 66 Re-app IS complete end of july, dates are for in Nov. If there is one thing I learned from last cycle it was patience, I know some of you are freaking out but there is nothing you can do just sit back and try to enjoy the ride the best you can, your time to shine will come even if it is a year and some months later such as mine.
 
Do people bring a copy of their application to the interview? Rather, what should I bring to the interview?
 
Hey me again. I just did my interview. It was fun actually. Everyone was so nice and the facilities are amazing.

So in the case of MMIs, who do I send thank you cards to?
 
Hey me again. I just did my interview. It was fun actually. Everyone was so nice and the facilities are amazing.

So in the case of MMIs, who do I send thank you cards to?
I think thank you cards are usually only sent to people who spent a good amount of time with you (i.e. a traditional interview). I think that for MMI's it's kind of hard to try to send a meaningful thank you note to every interviewer.
 
Not really necessary, but you can send one to Ashley Kelley if you really want to.
Thank you. Just to the admissions addresses? I’ll send it when I get back home. I hope my flight isn’t cancelled or delayed due to Hurricane Michael.
 
@Pathdocmd

I am guessing that you would not be allowed to tell us roughly what percentage of total interview invites for the cycle have been sent out by Wake Forest so far?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad