2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For everyone who has interviewed already, when you look at your checklist online, does it have a place to upload a Letter of Interest? I have this on my checklist as Letter of Interest (Waitlisted Applicants only) and I’m wondering if it means I’ve been waitlisted or if everyone can see this!
Hey! Interviewed here last week. They said they only want letter of interest from waitlisted applicants! That's why it says that. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Wake do silent rejections? Haven't heard anything from them.

They didn't last year.

It's still early, guys. You might not get an II until January, and you might not get an acceptance until April. Gotta be patient and understand it takes a lot of time to fully look over 1 application let alone 9000.

If waiting is hard, I'd recommend staying off sdn. Don't let this become your hobby

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't last year.

It's still early, guys. You might not get an II until January, and you might not get an acceptance until April. Gotta be patient and understand it takes a lot of time to fully look over 1 application let alone 9000.

If waiting is hard, I'd recommend staying off sdn. Don't let this become your hobby

Was simply a procedural question about how the school handles applications, don't try to read too much into it, lol.

Hey! Interviewed here last week. They said they only want letter of interest from waitlisted applicants! That's why it says that. Good luck!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well! Anyone have any idea of when decisions will be released? At my interview day, they said by the week after the 15, so not sure if this week or next. Good luck everyone!

They didn't last year.

This is a really helpful and reassuring thought. This process is mad.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! Good luck to you as well! Anyone have any idea of when decisions will be released? At my interview day, they said by the week after the 15, so not sure if this week or next. Good luck everyone!
Really? During my interview they said they would get back the 15th.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to check my application page but it's restricted. Maybe that means things are happening today?

I tried to check my application page but it's restricted. Maybe that means things are happening today?

You may have been trying to look at the secondary page instead of the applicant portal. I did the same thing this morning and thought it meant something, but tried a few other links from various Wake emails and eventually found the correct portal link. No decision released yet :(

You may have been trying to look at the secondary page instead of the applicant portal. I did the same thing this morning and thought it meant something, but tried a few other links from various Wake emails and eventually found the correct portal link. No decision released yet :(

Yeah, I have to go all the way back to the original email where they sent me the secondary invitation to get onto my portal page.

For those neurotically checking their email (cause I know I did), WF said they would send out acceptances the first day possible (oct 16 for me) and they did in the afternoon. People got them at different times though so don't freak out. I got mine around 5pm. Also if anyone has questions i'm happy to answer some

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those neurotically checking their email (cause I know I did), WF said they would send out acceptances the first day possible (oct 16 for me) and they did in the afternoon. People got them at different times though so don't freak out. I got mine around 5pm. Also if anyone has questions i'm happy to answer some

Do you recal If only acceptance or waitlist got an email with rejection getting a letter? I interviewed 9/28 and haven’t heard back anything today as they said we would but can’t recall what if anything they said about method of notifying for rejection.

Do you recal If only acceptance or waitlist got an email with rejection getting a letter? I interviewed 9/28 and haven’t heard back anything today as they said we would but can’t recall what if anything they said about method of notifying for rejection.

Not too sure, try sifting through last years SDN Wake Forest page and see if people posted that they got waitlisted. We didnt get acceptance letters though, just an email

Not too sure, try sifting through last years SDN Wake Forest page and see if people posted that they got waitlisted. We didnt get acceptance letters though, just an email

I tried but didn’t see anything specific about manner rejections came. I’ll just take it as maybe something that no one has posted today about acceptance or waitlist so perhaps answers are delayed?

Do you think we will hear back tomorrow? Schools could give out acceptances starting today so I was a little surprised we haven’t heard anything.

Man, every time I get a notification from this page I'm hopeful but it's always a false alarm.

Reactions: 2 users
I remember at my interview that they said we would hear back 10/19 (hopefully 10/15, but definitely by 10/19). So hopefully in the next two days we should hear. Also, they said that we'd receive an email telling us to check our portal if we got accepted or waitlisted, but the rejection email should just be an upfront email, although I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly.

I remember at my interview that they said we would hear back 10/19 (hopefully 10/15, but definitely by 10/19). So hopefully in the next two days we should hear. Also, they said that we'd receive an email telling us to check our portal if we got accepted or waitlisted, but the rejection email should just be an upfront email, although I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly.
I recall them saying 10/15 during my interview. Maybe I misheard or maybe the hurricane is delaying the release date?

I recall them saying 10/15 during my interview. Maybe I misheard or maybe the hurricane is delaying the release date?
I recall them saying 10/15 as well. Perhaps it’s hurricane or perhaps just a misunderstanding on our part or miscommunication etc. regardless I guess it’s good that no one has heard yet. Maybe @Pathdocmd could shed some light?

That’s what I heard at my interview.

My day was told we would get e-mailed directly if we were wait-listed, for acceptance/rejection we would be notified to check the portal for our decision. I remember it vividly because we all wondered why on earth they would lump A/R notification together.

During my interview day I thought they said they would get back to us by the end of (this) week.

If anyone who recently interviewed at Wake Forest could please post something if they receive an admissions decision, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you got accepted or denied you'll get a link that will bring you to your portal with the letter to open. If you're waitlisted, it will just be a regular email.

Hey guys, I'm having some difficulty navigating the portal. But hypothetically speaking, if I were to get an interview invite where would it show up?

Hey guys, I'm having some difficulty navigating the portal. But hypothetically speaking, if I were to get an interview invite where would it show up?
I actually got an email telling me to pick an interview date first. I’m not sure where in the portal. I can look when I get home.

EDIT: It's under "view your events" but when I clicked it, it showed my interview date, which makes me think you need the email to pick a date first. Sorry, I'm not of more help.

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Good luck to everyone else.

Last edited:
Waitlisted but 25% isn’t half bad.

Congratulations to everyone accepted AND waitlisted. It is not a rejection, so there is still hope :)

Accepted! Almost certain this is where I'll be going!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted. I’m so stoked.

I literally used those exact same words when chatting to a relative a few moments ago haha
Congrats to everyone accepted! Still praying for an interview here, it's my dream school

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Hi. Does anyone know the policy on sending updates?

Hi. Does anyone know the policy on sending updates?
You can upload up to 5 updates to the portal. You can override/remove them at any time. I think there’s an official statement somewhere that says admissions may or may not review your updates. Letter of interests/intent are for waitlisted applicants only.

Reactions: 2 users
What do you mean? Are 25% of applicants accepted from the waitlist??
Yes. In the email from the dean of admissions it says that specifically and that being on waitlist is “favorable standing”

Yes. In the email from the dean of admissions it says that specifically and that being on waitlist is “favorable standing”
I also remember them saying at the int review that they admit people from the waitlist as early as December. Hang in there.

Where does it show on the portal if you get an II? I wonder if it even makes sense to check it periodically.

PLEASE REVIEW MY APP AND INTERVIEW ME! Complete 8/8... silence

Where does it show on the portal if you get an II? I wonder if it even makes sense to check it periodically.
I received and email with a link to choose an interview date. Then after I chose my date it had an “Events” button that listed my interview

Does anyone know about how long after the Interview until you hear back about acceptance or denial? I have my interview next week and I'm just curious.