You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Wake Forest University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
venezuelanpremed
Full Member
Thank you so much... that pic also made my day haha thanks!View attachment 238710
Its way to early for that. You’re going to drive yourself crazy. Don’t do it. You have a good LizzyM. Stay the course. Also to go off of milgauss: the adcom also said in last year's thread, you could have been selected for an interview today but won't be notified until January. They review and re-review during the application cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BobaFettsJetpack
Full Member
II today. Was complete around 7/20 I think. Got an email notification.
Stats?Just got an II!!!! First one!!!!
I am a OOS and a ORM with a very low LizzyM of 67-68 bc of my low MCAT score(slightly<510). Apply early and find ways to make yourself stand out - my MCAT is below Wake's avg.Stats?
Last edited:
When did you submit?I am a OOS and a ORM with a very low LizzyM of 67-68 bc of my low MCAT score(slightly<510). Apply early and find ways to make yourself stand out - my MCAT is below Wake's avg.
Submitted early July but committee letter didn’t come in till end of JulyWhen did you submit?
I submitted on July 8th-10th and have a similar LM so was curious.Submitted early July but committee letter didn’t come in till end of July
I am not a fan of this system lolThe adcom on here said they download the apps in bunches so they don’t neccesarily get reviewed in order. Definitely shouldnt lose hope it’s only the first day they’ve sent out II
Don't lose hope if you don't get an II early on. I submitted my primary within the first minute of AMCAS opening, turned around my secondary to Wake within 12 hours of getting it in early July, got my II in January, and here I am in the student lounge studying for our first exam next week. Trust the process.
On a side note, from my perspective, Wake has done an amazing job of assembling a class full of diverse and interesting people. Every single person in our class is unique and amazing, so try to highlight things in your secondary that make you stand out. Good luck everyone!
On a side note, from my perspective, Wake has done an amazing job of assembling a class full of diverse and interesting people. Every single person in our class is unique and amazing, so try to highlight things in your secondary that make you stand out. Good luck everyone!
Thank you so much for posting this . This is so me - I submitted the secondary the very first day of the cycle .... and still NOTHING ... drives me crazyDon't lose hope if you don't get an II early on. I submitted my primary within the first minute of AMCAS opening, turned around my secondary to Wake within 12 hours of getting it in early July, got my II in January, and here I am in the student lounge studying for our first exam next week. Trust the process.
On a side note, from my perspective, Wake has done an amazing job of assembling a class full of diverse and interesting people. Every single person in our class is unique and amazing, so try to highlight things in your secondary that make you stand out. Good luck everyone!
Yes, it does not matter (much) when you submitted your application.Don't lose hope if you don't get an II early on. I submitted my primary within the first minute of AMCAS opening, turned around my secondary to Wake within 12 hours of getting it in early July, got my II in January, and here I am in the student lounge studying for our first exam next week. Trust the process.
On a side note, from my perspective, Wake has done an amazing job of assembling a class full of diverse and interesting people. Every single person in our class is unique and amazing, so try to highlight things in your secondary that make you stand out. Good luck everyone!
Do they just get sent in batches to screeners that have a deadline when to have them in? So 2 apps could be like 2 months apart, get sent to the same screener, and they then submit all their decisions on the due date.Yes, it does not matter (much) when you submitted your application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefullmdplz
Full Member
For those submitting individual LORs, have you been submitting more than 2? Their wording seems unclear about whether or not more than 2 are welcome, or if they just mark you complete and ignore the rest once they've received 2
The batches come from AMCAS. The largest are >1000. They get sorted, secondaries sent, returned, sent to the faculty members to screen (some are faster than others), put into pools, people are taken out the pools and invited. So...there is a lot of mixing. Someone that got their materials in in July can be called in January or later.Do they just get sent in batches to screeners that have a deadline when to have them in? So 2 apps could be like 2 months apart, get sent to the same screener, and they then submit all their decisions on the due date.
So there really wasn’t a point in submitting this secondary earlyThe batches come from AMCAS. The largest are >1000. They get sorted, secondaries sent, returned, sent to the faculty members to screen (some are faster than others), put into pools, people are taken out the pools and invited. So...there is a lot of mixing. Someone that got their materials in in July can be called in January or later.
No.Too late to submit a secondary?
The difference between a week or two, no. Two months, maybe.So there really wasn’t a point in submitting this secondary early
Very helpful to know this!The batches come from AMCAS. The largest are >1000. They get sorted, secondaries sent, returned, sent to the faculty members to screen (some are faster than others), put into pools, people are taken out the pools and invited. So...there is a lot of mixing. Someone that got their materials in in July can be called in January or later.
Is anyone else going to interview on September 10th?? I got invited to interview on August 14th.
I am! If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning to do for interview prep? I cashier on the weekends so not too concerned about my ability to keep calm and carry on, but I wish I knew more about their interview process. The website basically just says "MMI" XD
I am! If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning to do for interview prep? I cashier on the weekends so not too concerned about my ability to keep calm and carry on, but I wish I knew more about their interview process. The website basically just says "MMI" XD
I've just been reading a lot about the MMI process. I've been going over practice situations with friends, and I am not too worried about the keep calm and carry on part. I've been studying bioethics for a bit and about the school. I hope its enough lol. It's so soon I'm scared.
Just had my first MMI interview at ATSU-SOMA, just be genuine and care about your patient. Listen to their concerns and normalize the issues and support them.I've just been reading a lot about the MMI process. I've been going over practice situations with friends, and I am not too worried about the keep calm and carry on part. I've been studying bioethics for a bit and about the school. I hope its enough lol. It's so soon I'm scared.
As a current student at Wake: do not freak out about the MMI. It's very well organized and fairly not stressful relative to other MMIs. My biggest 2 cents I can give you is do not answer to what you think your interviewers want to hear. It's easy to tell when someone isn't being genuine so speak earnestly and you'll realize your answers flow a lot smoother. If you have any questions feel free to shoot.
Do you think there is a really good way to prepare? Mine is in a week! I've prepped quite a bit, but I feel as if all the sample answers I read are so formal and not conversational at all.As a current student at Wake: do not freak out about the MMI. It's very well organized and fairly not stressful relative to other MMIs. My biggest 2 cents I can give you is do not answer to what you think your interviewers want to hear. It's easy to tell when someone isn't being genuine so speak earnestly and you'll realize your answers flow a lot smoother. If you have any questions feel free to shoot.
Dr. Mike Trout
Full Member
Stats by chance?Do you think there is a really good way to prepare? Mine is in a week! I've prepped quite a bit, but I feel as if all the sample answers I read are so formal and not conversational at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Message me!Stats by chance?
Can you message me? I have an interview here soon.Do you think there is a really good way to prepare? Mine is in a week! I've prepped quite a bit, but I feel as if all the sample answers I read are so formal and not conversational at all.
II today, first one! submitted 7/29, low GPA (3.1) and 513 MCAT, livin the dream good luck everyone!!!
II today, first one! submitted 7/29, low GPA (3.1) and 513 MCAT, livin the dream good luck everyone!!!
Congrats! instate or out of state?
Congrats! instate or out of state?
OOS! Connecticut resident
Should i still have access to the portal after i submitted? I went to my initial secondary email and can no longer access it. I saw they said to email them if I am having any problems so just wondering if this happened to anyone else?
Do you think there is a really good way to prepare? Mine is in a week! I've prepped quite a bit, but I feel as if all the sample answers I read are so formal and not conversational at all.
Sorry for the late reply but there is no good way to prepare aside from knowing your app like the back of your hand and more importantly, having stories pertaining to your experiences that have brought you to this point. Do not go off sample answers but just create talking points.
When someone asks you to tell you a memorable experience, don't be vague but rather illustrate a story that would captivate a listener. Read over your ECs and your upbringing and think of one or two things that heavily impacted you. At the end of the day you have people that want to get to know you and what made you who you are. Be personable, smile, and remember, messing up one station won't end your chances.
Any recommendations on airport and shuttle services to campus? Looks like Piedmont Triad International Airport is the closest, but still 30 minutes away. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Google maps shows public transportation that costs $2.50 but involves transferring. Alternatively Uber/lyft is an option and costs $25-30. Not sure about shuttle services though.Any recommendations on airport and shuttle services to campus? Looks like Piedmont Triad International Airport is the closest, but still 30 minutes away. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Is Wake receptive to ITA emails?
yeah I saw that too- Thanks for the input on Uber and lyftGoogle maps shows public transportation that costs $2.50 but involves transferring. Alternatively Uber/lyft is an option and costs $25-30. Not sure about shuttle services though.
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BobaFettsJetpack
Full Member
yup. please florence, be gentle.Anyone else get the email about rescheduling due to the hurricane?
BobaFettsJetpack
Full Member
The Monday September 17th interviews were cancelled this morning. They sent out an email to reschedule. Florence is angry.
Completed since 7/31. No news yet.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K