2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone else on the waitlist was there a time limit or deadline to upload the letter of interest? I just now uploaded mine. Wanted to make sure I edited properly and wrote heartfelt. Loved Wake. Im named after my grandfather who grew up in Winston-Salem and I drove up to his gravesite just north of the campus after my interview and can’t describe the feeling that gave me. We’ll see what happens later in cycle but I’m still here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@Pathdocmd given the latest rejection wave, should people who have not heard back but submitted in early july hear anything soon?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone else on the waitlist was there a time limit or deadline to upload the letter of interest? I just now uploaded mine. Wanted to make sure I edited properly and wrote heartfelt. Loved Wake. Im named after my grandfather who grew up in Winston-Salem and I drove up to his gravesite just north of the campus after my interview and can’t describe the feeling that gave me. We’ll see what happens later in cycle but I’m still here!

After the interview Ashley mentioned to submit a letter within 2 weeks from receiving the waitlist notification. My portal bugged in a way it wasn't showing me a green OK so I resubmitted mine a week after the first submission. Best luck to the both of us!

Should I have access to a portal? Whenever I go to the link in my email it just shows a completion page and there is a link to view an HTML file.

Reactions: 1 user
for those who interviewed already, how many interviewees were there?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
16 on mine. We were divided into two groups of 8.

Hey, for those rejected, was it mostly the out of state applicants? Also, where do you guys see the "rejected" thing on the portal? All I see is a submitted thing.

Also, for those that got an II, what dates are left?

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone applying.

can anyone post the portal link? lost my email like an irresponsible adult and trying to send an update letter

Accepted as well this morning! Couldn't be happier!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II

This process is so random

Just got an II as well! OOS and ~70LM I was complete the first week of July ish

Reactions: 2 users
For those who got accepted today, when did you interview?

I got accepted yesterday and interviewed on October 24th @Amarantaa. For anyone who has gotten accepted, do we really have tomake a decision to accept or decline the offer within two weeks? That doesn't seem right to me, but maybe I'm interpreting their statements incorrectly.

I got accepted yesterday and interviewed on October 24th @Amarantaa. For anyone who has gotten accepted, do we really have tomake a decision to accept or decline the offer within two weeks? That doesn't seem right to me, but maybe I'm interpreting their statements incorrectly.
Yes. But there is no deposit. It’s my top choice so I accepted within 10 minutes.

For those who already interviewed there, which airport did you fly into? I'm coming from the west coast so I have never been to that area before

Yes. But there is no deposit. It’s my top choice so I accepted within 10 minutes.

And acceptance isn't commitment. If you are expecting to hear from other schools, I would still accept the ones you get. You can hold multiple acceptances until April 15. April 15 you have to narrow your acceptances to 3 schools, and by April 30 you have to narrow to 1 school. Accepting the seats you get now at least guarantees you a seat somewhere.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who already interviewed there, which airport did you fly into? I'm coming from the west coast so I have never been to that area before
Didn't interview here but from the area. Raleigh airport is usually cheaper but greensboro is closer.

Edit: anyone please correct me if there is a closer regional airport

Didn't interview here but from the area. Raleigh airport is usually cheaper but greensboro is closer.

Edit: anyone please correct me if there is a closer regional airport

There's also the one in Charlotte. Flying to RDU may be the cheapest, but it's further away, so account for transportation from the airport to Winston-Salem. Good luck on your interview.

I flew into Greensboro and had no problems getting an uber from the airport to Winston-Salem, which is about a 30 min drive. I believe Charlotte is an hour and a half drive.

I was complete 7/16 and wasn't rejected during the rejection spree, does Wake also do silent rejections, or do I still have a shot at an II?

I was complete 7/16 and wasn't rejected during the rejection spree, does Wake also do silent rejections, or do I still have a shot at an II?
I doubt the school picks and chooses who to straight up reject/silent reject. If you haven't been rejected, you're still under consideration.

+1, complete 7/6. We might be on an unofficial Pre-II 'hold'? Unless they just haven't gotten to our applications yet.

Hi everyone! I'm interviewing here this friday and I was wondering if I could ask a current med student/someone who's interviewed a couple questions about the school? thank you so much!!

II last Friday!!!:)
LM~ 76, OOS, Complete date: 7/12

Interview dates available: Late Nov and early Dec

post interview acceptance rate of ~60% seems really nice

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Really hoping for an II here - post interview acceptance rate of ~60% seems really nice

I thought it was around 40%. How is it calculated? I think I did matriculants/interviewees.

I thought it was around 40%. How is it calculated? I think I did matriculants/interviewees.
You accept more than you matriculate - not everyone you accept is going to end up going to your school. US News has the data of how many they actually accepted (I believe this is by a survey filled out by the school). If you search for it in the pre-allo forums I'm sure you can find it.

On the wake website it has the data for class of 2022 include how many interviews took place, total number of acceptances, and total number of matriculants

I flew in to Greensboro and then rented a car (I'm a bit older so I don't have to pay the under 25 fee). I arrived super late but when I checked there were still Uber options just with longer wait times.