2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finished interviewing today, definitely my top choice :happy:

When did they say you will hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you were Frodo, you went to Mordor to save Middle Earth by tossing the Ring into Mount Doom. That is why you want to go to Mordor. What did Frodo have to overcome to get there?
I dont watch that show can you please explain it in layman's terms.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall was anyone else bumped from an interview next week? I hate to be neurotic, but do you think that since we have to reschedule for another month out we lose spots to their rolling admissions?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey yall was anyone else bumped from an interview next week? I hate to be neurotic, but do you think that since we have to reschedule for another month out we lose spots to their rolling admissions?

I was bumped too.
@Pathdocmd can you speak to this please?

You have the same chance of being admitted the 1st day of interviews as the last. We don't hit a certain number and stop admitting people.

Reactions: 1 users
@Pathdocmd Would it be possible to share an estimation of the number of remaining interview invites?

Reactions: 6 users
I applied here late July and havent heard anything. I added an application update. Should I also add a LOI? I really like the school

I was told at my interview this Oct that last year, they took people off the waitlist starting Dec and people seemed to like that and they were planning on doing that again.

does anyone know what the chances of getting off the waitlist usually are? just got the email that i was waitlisted and this was my top choice school :(

does anyone know what the chances of getting off the waitlist usually are? just got the email that i was waitlisted and this was my top choice school :(

Also got the big W-L. Their email states this, ICYMI:
"While we are unable to give you detailed information about your particular chances, we can tell you that approximately twenty-five percent of the final class is selected from this list."

Did anybody else get a call to wish us happy holidays? That's so sweet. I see what you're doing, Wake Forest... :).

Reactions: 2 users
II today! Complete 7/24. Dates open for very beginning of January

Reactions: 11 users
Complete mid-July Lizzy M~ 69 OOS, 1 update but no word yet... Anyone else on this boat? There is no way of knowing application status for Wake right?

Reactions: 5 users
Complete mid-July Lizzy M~ 69 OOS, 1 update but no word yet... Anyone else on this boat? There is no way of knowing application status for Wake right?
I have similar stats and I haven't even gotten an update since my app was complete...=(

Same exact boat, same stats and just sent an update and no word

Anyone who interviewed early December know when decisions should come?

Anyone who interviewed early December know when decisions should come?

I know they said the meeting for the 12/03 interviewees was today, but I am not sure when decisions get sent out. Hopefully soon!

Big ol W-L

Very bummed

Disappointing to not get the A outright, but take solace in the fact that usually ~25% of wakes class comes from the waitlist, and that number may be even higher this year due to the new traffic rules!

Disappointing to not get the A outright, but take solace in the fact that usually ~25% of wakes class comes from the waitlist, and that number may be even higher this year due to the new traffic rules!

That’s what I’m hoping!

Accepted:)

Interviewed December 7th

Reactions: 7 users
Got my first A the other day!! Btw, when I choose to accept in the decision form, it just means that I'm accepting their acceptance, right? Nothing binding about the form?
Anyhow, happy holidays to you all!

Got my first A the other day!! Btw, when I choose to accept in the decision form, it just means that I'm accepting their acceptance, right? Nothing binding about the form?
Anyhow, happy holidays to you all!
Do you mind sharing when did you interview?

Do you mind sharing when did you interview?
I interviewed the first week of December. On the interview day, they told us that the admissions committee would be meeting on 12/20 and I got my decision on that day around 5 pm EST

I interviewed the first week of December. On the interview day, they told us that the admissions committee would be meeting on 12/20 and I got my decision on that day around 5 pm EST
Can you share your stats please?

@Pathdocmd Do you have any idea of when the next round of pre-II rejections will be? Slowly dying from this process :(