2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As I mentioned above: We get the applications in big downloads (hundreds at a time) and they are not necessarily in the order they were sent to AMCAS. Secondaries come back at different times. We distribute them among the reviewers and some will get them back soon, others take their time. Institutional actions need reviewing, something is missing, etc so that mixes the order they get reviewed. An application submitted in July will be reviewed before the one in September, but they one submitted July 1st and Aug 1st, not so much.
@Pathdocmd based on what you said here, do you have any insight on what it means to have heard nothing at all to this day for those of us who submitted secondaries in early July? Is it possible my application still hasn’t been seen, or is there some unofficial hold?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@Pathdocmd based on what you said here, do you have any insight on what it means to have heard nothing at all to this day for those of us who submitted secondaries in early July? Is it possible my application still hasn’t been seen, or is there some unofficial hold?
We still have about 3000 applications to go through. It is a busy time of the year. We will be interviewing until March, so there is still time.

Reactions: 6 users
Thank y'all for explaining how this is actually calculated. I've been doing matriculants/interviews all this time... 60% for WF, OMG! This is great news.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anything the day before the interview? like a pre interview social or anything?

Is there anything the day before the interview? like a pre interview social or anything?
Nope. There is a light breakfast while checking in but nothing the night before.

Reactions: 1 user
How was the interview? Stress levels?
You have already been accepted by 2 schools? You shouldn’t stress! Just relax and be yourself. I actually said “crap” during the interview and I still got in. Lol

The interviews are all short form and quite informal. They ask you more questions if you get stuck. Everyone was really nice and if they don’t seem nice, it’s because they are playing a character. Be confident and try to enjoy yourself.

Reactions: 5 users
You have already been accepted by 2 schools? You shouldn’t stress! Just relax and be yourself. I actually said “crap” during the interview and I still got in. Lol

The interviews are all short form and quite informal. They ask you more questions if you get stuck. Everyone was really nice and if they don’t seem nice, it’s because they are playing a character. Be confident and try to enjoy yourself.

Thanks! This school is high on my list so I’m pumped ☺️

I'm not sure if it was asked somewhere before but Is their mmi mostly scenarios based or do they have role play and teamwork stations? cause 10 scenarios just seem alot to me lol

For accepted applicants that accepted their acceptance (lol) -- when you submitted the form, did you get a confirmation email?

I didn't receive an email confirming that I had accepted rather than declined. I just have a green thumbs-up on my portal that says I submitted the form. I did it on my phone so I'm just antsy and praying that I selected the right option!
no I never did! I did just recently get an email from them though

I'm not sure if it was asked somewhere before but Is their mmi mostly scenarios based or do they have role play and teamwork stations? cause 10 scenarios just seem alot to me lol
I don’t think we’re allowed to say. I had 8 stations, not 10 but it could vary from date to date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First acceptance this cycle :).

EDIT: My neuroticism level is kinda high right now, lol. Did y'all receive a confirmation email when you accepted the decision? I'm pretty sure I clicked "accept" but I want to make suuuuure.

Reactions: 8 users

EDIT: My neuroticism level is kinda high right now, lol. Did y'all receive a confirmation email when you accepted the decision? I'm pretty sure I clicked "accept" but I want to make suuuuure.

Congratulations!
I totally understand your neuroticism too haha. and i did not get a confirmation email

Congrats!! and you will get a email from WFSOM MD Admin in a couple of days welcoming you to the class of 2023. I got mine 3 days after I hit accept, but that also included a weekend.

Reactions: 3 users
you received it today? congrats.
I was suprised too since it's the day after thanksgiving! lol I thought it was one of those mass application invites for a sec.

hi guys! is there a place where i could find the required immunizations before matriculation?

also if a current wake student could message me to answer a few of my questions, that would be awesome!
- wondering how people find roommates that match their living habits
- where to find more information on clubs

thank you!

Last edited:
Rejected LM 67 complete mid July. This one hurts really thought I’d get an interview

R today too (complete 7/15). You know it can't be good when you get that 'a decision has been made...' email from a school you didn't interview at :p

Anyone know how many interviews have gone out/how many are left?

Complete early July and haven't heard a word, so I'm terrified of whatever this R wave is apparently happening again! Anyone know if WF takes letters of interest or anything pre-interview?? Really love this school

Complete early July and haven't heard a word, so I'm terrified of whatever this R wave is apparently happening again! Anyone know if WF takes letters of interest or anything pre-interview?? Really love this school

They do take letters of interest. Don't worry about the wait, my friend applied July last year and didn't get an II until February. Stay strong, they probably haven't gotten to you yet

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted last week!!!! FIRST ACCEPTANCE AND I MAY CRY! Just now getting wifi to post here.
I remember them saying something at the interview day about a deposit. Am I making that up?

Accepted last week!!!! FIRST ACCEPTANCE AND I MAY CRY! Just now getting wifi to post here.
I remember them saying something at the interview day about a deposit. Am I making that up?

Nice!! When was your interview?

They don't have a deposit. Congrats!

Congrats

Last edited:
For those that had an interview, what time does the day normally end? I'm trying to figure out when to book a flight.

I'm interviewing here soon! Any last minute advice? :)

any word on pulling people from the WL early? I looked on last years thread and it looked like people were accepted off of the WL in early DEC.

Finished interviewing today, definitely my top choice :happy: