2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how do we send updates to Wake?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar question to premedoneday101:
At one of my other MMI interviews there was a longer station with the traditional questions, while the others were all scenarios that had nothing to do with my application, experiences, or motivations. Should I expect the same at Wake Forest, or will every station be the scenario type?

Similar question to premedoneday101:
At one of my other MMI interviews there was a longer station with the traditional questions, while the others were all scenarios that had nothing to do with my application, experiences, or motivations. Should I expect the same at Wake Forest, or will every station be the scenario type?
I’m not sure you’ll get a straight answer to this question, as we were all legally bound to a contract to not disclose any information about the interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
MSAR says nobody from my state was in the first year class. Does this affect my chances at all? My state has a large population of premeds and it's a little surprising to see none of them started at Wake this year. Maybe I can add diversity? lol

Is it safe to see WF as an R if I haven't heard anything back even after an update? IS, complete 7/11

Is it safe to see WF as an R if I haven't heard anything back even after an update? IS, complete 7/11

No, they'll tell you. My friend got an II February last year with silence all the way until.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get my II until January last year. Plenty of my classmates interviewed after the new year.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if there’s been movement from the waitlist?? I know last year they took people off the waitlist in December but I haven’t heard anything about it happening this year

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there’s been movement from the waitlist?? I know last year they took people off the waitlist in December but I haven’t heard anything about it happening this year

I remember on interview day being told there’s a LOT of movement off the waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Around 50 people reported rejections on Jan 4th last year. Anyone reckon that'll happen sometime soon?

Just got the R, complete 7/5 OOS LM 71

Also just got the R, complete mid-August, OOS.

Good luck to everybody else still in the running, and sending lots of good vibes that all of us here make it to somewhere in the end!

Reactions: 1 users
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Just got rejected from Wake Forest
Hope the pain will make it thru

Reactions: 2 users
So for those rejected did they send an email first basically saying there’s a portal update? I’m having trouble logging in lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

So for those rejected did they send an email first basically saying there’s a portal update? I’m having trouble logging in lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

There are a lot of people probably logging in right now. Wake Forest’s January R wave tends to be its biggest one. Basically though, if the email said “final decision”, it’s most likely an R.

The title of my email was "your decision has been posted," and the email said a final decision had been made. Obviously a rejection because I never interviewed.

Rejected pre-II
OOS
Submitted around early August

Good luck to everyone else who survived!

MSAR says nobody from my state was in the first year class. Does this affect my chances at all? My state has a large population of premeds and it's a little surprising to see none of them started at Wake this year. Maybe I can add diversity? lol
I am from a western state and am in your same situation. I was accepted back in November so (n=1), it doesn't affect your chances

Have been complete since July with no activity on my account. I seem to have missed this rejection wave. Does this mean there's still a chance for an II?

Pre-II R also, complete in Sept. You know it isn't good news when you get an email saying a final decision has been made by a school where you never interviewed...

Have been complete since July with no activity on my account. I seem to have missed this rejection wave. Does this mean there's still a chance for an II?
+1, my guess is we're on some sort of unofficial waitlist for an II?

Reactions: 1 users
Same boat. And yeah, I'd imagine there's some sort of queue-like system

Same here. Could also just be different adcoms getting through their applicant piles at different rates. Who knows with this process...

Making me log into my portal just to get rejected. ....
Oos lm 67 completed august, pre ii