2018-2019 Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Washington State University - Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted to the ESFCOM c/o 2022, but decided to go to UW. I absolutely fell in love with this school when I applied and would've chosen ESFCOM if it weren't for UW's reputable name. I'd be glad to help with any questions or advice needed here, just @ me! Good luck applying everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Soon to be rising M2, also willing to answer and questions where I can, or direct you to people who will have the answers. Good luck everyone on the upcoming cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
  • Please submit an additional statement (< 500 words), addressing the following areas in your essay:

How do you think you can or will contribute to the mission and vision of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine in developing solutions?
Your strongest or most important connections to the state of Washington and the people who live here
Your motivation to train as a physician and serve the communities of Washington
Your goals as a physician, including your interests in practicing medicine in rural or underserved communities
Other relevant considerations

300 words each of the following
  • How have you built your resilience?
  • Learning from others is enhanced in educational settings that include individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Please describe your personal characteristics or experiences that would add to the educational environment for your classmates.
  • If you are a re-applicant, describe what you have done since last applying to strengthen your candidacy for medical school. If you are not a re-applicant, please leave blank.
@gyngyn

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just submitted my secondary! Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

Just got an II!! super excited :)! I am an OOS applicant but hoping to go back to Washington!

Reactions: 1 users
I got verified on 7/17 and still didn't get a secondary. Should I email them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got verified on 7/17 and still didn't get a secondary. Should I email them?

I would probably just call them! As long as you meet the residency requirement and the minimum gpa and mcat threshold I think you automatically get a secondary!

congrats! do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! IS, 3.8+ and 513

I received an II on Friday. Secondary submitted July 10th. Can't wait!!

Did anyone get a complete email? My portal just says submitted and I submitted my secondary over a week ago.

I did too! Just not an "application complete" email like most other schools do. Just wanted to make sure they received all my application materials! Thanks.
I got a "Secondary received" email the same day that I submitted my secondary

Everybody who got the "secondary received" email - how long did it take to get that email? Same day?

Any IIs yet? Apparently, their interview season starts in August but I haven't heard of anyone getting an II yet...

Any IIs yet? Apparently, their interview season starts in August but I haven't heard of anyone getting an II yet...
^ look 6, 7, and 9 posts up ;)

Haha! How about a few laughs at an old, all be it one sided, rivalry.
This is posted on the University of Washington secondary welcome page:

University of Washington MD Admissions
"We are the only medical school in the 5 state region of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho (WWAMI)."

:rofl::laugh: Cougars be mad.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha! How about a few laughs at an old, all be it one sided, rivalry.
This is posted on the University of Washington secondary welcome page:

University of Washington MD Admissions
"We are the only medical school in the 5 state region of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho (WWAMI)."

:rofl::laugh: Cougars be mad.
Also so wrong because of PNWU in Yakima (DO school) and the soon to be Idaho DO school

I am kinda starting to get worried because I was verified a couple of weeks ago, but I still have not even received a secondary (In-state). Did you end up calling? If so, what did they say?

I had this problem for a few days and then I remembered that I hadn't assigned letters of evals to be sent. Do you have at least three letters sent?

II !!! :) IS
Submitted 7/21

Last edited:
Anyone know how long it takes to receive the Residence Questionnaire? I have been a WA resident for almost 10 years but don't meet 3 of the 4 ties, so they sent me an email saying to look for a follow-up Residence Questionnaire, but I have yet to receive anything. I was waitlisted here last cycle and was never asked previously to complete a Residence Questionnaire.

Anyone know how long it takes to receive the Residence Questionnaire? I have been a WA resident for almost 10 years but don't meet 3 of the 4 ties, so they sent me an email saying to look for a follow-up Residence Questionnaire, but I have yet to receive anything. I was waitlisted here last cycle and was never asked previously to complete a Residence Questionnaire.

They sent me an email with all of the forms I needed to fill out pretty early on, like early July. I would send the admissions office an email.

They sent me an email with all of the forms I needed to fill out pretty early on, like early July. I would send the admissions office an email.

How long after the first email did you receive the questionnaire? I only received the email about it last week, but wondering how long it typically takes from that point.

How long after the first email did you receive the questionnaire? I only received the email about it last week, but wondering how long it typically takes from that point.

I called the office directly and explained my situation, and they sent me the email pretty soon afterwards.

The email they sent me had all of the paperwork I needed. I filled it out and sent it to them then had to send them more car information. Definitely email them they're very responsive.

Does this school send out complete emails or is submission of the secondary application considered "complete"?

What are your chances of getting an interview invite if they have already offered invites to people who submitted after you did?

What are your chances of getting an interview invite if they have already offered invites to people who submitted after you did?
I wouldn't sweat that too much... I completed my application early/mid July last year and didn't get the invite until December.

I called and asked because I didn't have to do it last year either and they explained that it's a new policy.... something that was required by the state I believe, not necessarily something they just decided that wanted to do....

II received 20 minutes ago! First of the cycle!

Available dates to choose from were 9/14 or 9/17.

Does WSU have a student portal to check if your app has everything in?

II today! IS with MCAT range 515 - 519, GPA range 3.85-3.95, submitted 7/27!

At what point in the cycle does the school send out rejections?

This thread has been pretty quiet. Any more IIs?

They are sending out acceptances around November time, so probably around that time.
Thanks, I was just trying to figure out when I can stop worrying about not getting an interview and start being grateful that I haven't been rejected.

Anybody that interviewed already, are you sending thank you cards?