2021-2022 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Based on last year's thread, next week is the week everyone started hearing back.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 11/8 and got the email today saying they sent out the second round of acceptances last week, and the next rounds will be in jan, feb and march 2022. they also said the class is still less than half full and they still have interview seats to give out to those who have not interviewed. So, more waiting but we got this ya'll!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 11/8 and got the email today saying they sent out the second round of acceptances last week, and the next rounds will be in jan, feb and march 2022. they also said the class is still less than half full and they still have interview seats to give out to those who have not interviewed. So, more waiting but we got this ya'll!
Same. If their class is <50% full then they can't have sent out very many acceptances last week... that said, I think I'm done speculating on any medical school's process or timing... :lol:

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is 01/21 - wondering what my chances are of being wait-listed or accepted?

My interview is 01/21 - wondering what my chances are of being wait-listed or accepted?
Cannot give numbers but there is a chance. I interviewed at the end of January this year and got accepted. Another classmate interviewed in February. Also, there are a few people who get accepted from the waitlist. Just be yourself and show how passionate you are! Good luck.

This podcast interview with Dr. Harrison may be helpful. I have an interview in February and was feeling worried that it meant I didn't have a chance, but it sounds like they want to convey that a later interview date doesn't mean that you're somehow a worse applicant or have a lower likelihood of getting in. Good luck! :)

Someone from admissions called me to schedule a zoom call for later today!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hello! I was accepted from another school and am withdrawing from consideration from WSU. Best of luck to other applicants. Also, If anyone in the Spokane area is looking for a scribing job, I am looking for a replacement. If you are interested, send me a PM!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I was accepted from another school and am withdrawing from consideration from WSU. Best of luck to other applicants. Also, If anyone in the Spokane area is looking for a scribing job, I am looking for a replacement. If you are interested, send me a PM!
Congrats!!! And as someone about to interview with WSU, much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
Does someone know to which date IVs are going?

I was told on Friday during my interview that they have one final round of interviews next week .... so I would assume the chances for an II are pretty low at this point :(

Reactions: 1 users
I am planning to withdraw my app from consideration at WSU. Do you just send an email? There does not seem to be a "withdraw" tab on the portal like most other schools.
On their SUC emails they ask that you email them if you would like to withdraw your application from consideration

Does anyone know if acceptance calls were made this week?

Got a call from admissions to schedule a meeting with the dean!! Got the call yesterday

Holy cow, got the call today to schedule a zoom session with Dr. Harrison!! 🤩 Interviewed 2/4

Did anyone get an update email for February regarding admission decisions?
Not yet (at least for me). It appears they called people on the 15th and yesterday, so I’m sure an email will be out at the end of this week or next week

Got the call for a Zoom meeting w/ Dr. Harrison yesterday, interviewed back in November so this was a total shock.

Reactions: 6 users
Another WL! Also interviewed in September. Keeping fingers & toes crossed! 🤞I wish they were a liiittle bit more transparent about WL ranks & overall counts... But oh well!

WL - interviewed in October.

Does anyone on the WL know what to expect? Want to be hopeful that there will be some movement (more precisely, our WLs will become As).

WL - interviewed in October.

Does anyone on the WL know what to expect? Want to be hopeful that there will be some movement (more precisely, our WLs will become As).
A guy in last year's thread around March 9th did like a meta analysis of several past years' threads and their WL movement lol you can take a look at that

WL on 3/3!! Interviewed 2/7

Hey there folks. I'm back. First year student at WSU, happy to answer questions. Feel free to ask here or PM. I've got positive and "meh" thoughts about the program. I am not on any admission committees. I have no idea what dates things happen on for admission things. All I know is my semester is over, my exams are done, and the cake I had to celebrate was disappointing. The cake was a lie.

Let me know what questions you have. I'll try to answer as best I can.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Haha
Hey there folks. I'm back. First year student at WSU, happy to answer questions. Feel free to ask here or PM. I've got positive and "meh" thoughts about the program. I am not on any admission committees. I have no idea what dates things happen on for admission things. All I know is my semester is over, my exams are done, and the cake I had to celebrate was disappointing. The cake was a lie.

Let me know what questions you have. I'll try to answer as best I can.

Best of luck to everyone.
what are your positive and "meh" thoughts about the program?

Does anyone have ideas/guesses on why they don't rank the waitlist? It seems like it mostly just makes me more anxious. But maybe there's a greater reasoning behind it?

what are your positive and "meh" thoughts about the program?

Positive: The program does stick to their mission. I really appreciate that. It's a rarity to have a program that actually means what they say it seems. I really (REALLY) like that it's Pass/Fail. I didn't appreciate this aspect until towards the end of this last term. I like that lectures are not (for the most part) mandatory. The school provides several third-party learning resources. I have used those a lot.

My "meh" thoughts are more in line with personal preference and things I find annoying. The leadership certificate program is...well, I've got some strong thoughts on it. But those thoughts come down to personal differences in philosophical approach. I feel I've gotten more leadership training from reading Napoleon Hill and Steve Covey than anything that's been covered. Again. Purely personal perspective. And it's only been two terms. Maybe things will change. And I'm sure other students have a different view. It's just not what I thought it would be but it's fine. I'll leave it at that.

I honestly don't have any huge "negative" thoughts about the program. That leadership thing is probably the worst of it, academic-wise. I am glad I made the choice to go here and, if given the same choice, would make it again today. Most things I do not care for are mostly annoyances and frustrations. Every single program out there will have that sort of stuff. I did have problems with financial aid early on, but that's not the med school. Overall I think the school is just fine. They do seem to want their students to succeed. They give us a lot of outside resources (3rd party stuff) to help learn material and prepare for exams.

Does anyone have ideas/guesses on why they don't rank the waitlist? It seems like it mostly just makes me more anxious. But maybe there's a greater reasoning behind it?
I think they said during interview day that they might replace an applicant that dropped with a similar applicant.. like one who has the same focus/goals. so maybe they don't have just one numerical list that they follow in order? Not sure, but yes I agree I'm also anxious ab it

I think they said during interview day that they might replace an applicant that dropped with a similar applicant.. like one who has the same focus/goals. so maybe they don't have just one numerical list that they follow in order? Not sure, but yes I agree I'm also anxious ab it
That's correct. Any program that use ranked a waitlist is required to admit individuals from their waitlist strictly in order. From the LCME: "An individual can be admitted from a ranked waitlist/alternate list by one or a combination of the Admission Committee chair/associate dean for admissions/subgroup of the Admission Committee only based on his/her rank order number."

Any word or do they just send a mass email to everyone to inform of status on the 30th?

Any word or do they just send a mass email to everyone to inform of status on the 30th?
haven't heard anything about waitlist movement, i think they do calls closer to the 30th and into may, if it goes like last year

haven't heard anything about waitlist movement, i think they do calls closer to the 30th and into may, if it goes like last year
Yeah it looks like A's off the waitlist began as early as 4/28 last year. ~sending all the good luck vibes to everyone~~

Is there any kind of social media group for accepted students?

thumbs up if your waitlist anxiety is at an all time high lol

Sending good vibes for real WL movement for y'all starting today!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call to schedule with Dr. Harrison .. I think things are moving! Good luck to all of you!

• Love
I also got the call to meet with Dr. Harrison on 5/4. I hope each one of you hears good news soon.

• Love
Got the call as well, but will be declining. Good luck to you all!