2018-2019 Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The anxiety has officially kicked in now that someone has received an acceptance...

Seriously, i interviewed first day and am hoping to hear some good news soon...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol ikr and then there’s that creeping reality that we could be on a waitlist till August. I feel like I have Heath Ledgers (rip) joker running around in my brain. :scared:

Reactions: 1 user
I have received my II 10/15 and got the date confirmation the very next day. The interview was scheduled for late Nov. Submitted the secondary in late September.

Good luck, everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, has there really been nobody else that has gotten an acceptance yet? Seems weird that there’s only been one post about an acceptance so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, has there really been nobody else that has gotten an acceptance yet? Seems weird that there’s only been one post about an acceptance so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think that's kind of odd too. I've been sitting here refreshing this page way more than is healthy (is it really ever healthy?).

I'm thinking either they really liked that one person and just invited them, or the rest must be quiet! I'm hoping the former. More spots for the rest of us :)

Yeah, I think that's kind of odd too. I've been sitting here refreshing this page way more than is healthy (is it really ever healthy?).

I'm thinking either they really liked that one person and just invited them, or the rest must be quiet! I'm hoping the former. More spots for the rest of us :)

I was considering emailing them and asking them about it, but I don't want to annoy them so I haven't done it.

Received an acceptance phone call on 10/24! Interviewed 10/5 and was told that earliest acceptances would be 10/30 but I guess they sped it up by a week. I hope this is more helpful than anxiety-inducing but I thought I'd post seeing as there were a couple questions about whether anyone else had been accepted. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
II. Secondary submitted two weeks ago.

What dates did you get?

Has anyone gotten a recent II who submitted in August-September?

I really don't understand how they are deciding on interviews, I have great ECs and hours, so very confused...?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
What dates did you get?

I really don't understand how they are deciding on interviews, I have great ECs and hours, so very confused...?

Mid-December. I do not know how they are deciding either but I am non-trad with lots of healthcare experience as a clinician heading a specialty service already. Hopefully you will hear something soon!

Mid-December. I do not know how they are deciding either but I am non-trad with lots of healthcare experience as a clinician heading a specialty service already. Hopefully you will hear something soon!

Thanks for responding, that sounds like great experience!

I am also a non-traditional applicant with significant clinical and community outreach (Homeless, Hispanic/Latino, Native American communities), so I am just surprised.

What dates did you get?

I submitted super early and it's been crickets. Is it bad to email them for an update?

Members don't see this ad :)
What dates did you get?

I am a reapplicant this year. Last year I applied late August and was invited mid September. This year I applied late August and haven't heard a thing. I feel I have added substantial experience since my last app and yet....

My best advice is to hang in there. One thing I learned about WSU after my interview last year is they really put a lot of thought into reviewing each applicant. Don't let the wait get you down just yet.

Has the school said at any of the interview days approx how many people they are going to interview this cycle? The previous cycles it has been around 330 people, but I’m wondering if that number will increase this cycle since their number of seats has increased from 60 to 80.

IS complete mid July and haven’t heard anything. Any one else in the same boat?

did y'all see their Facebook page? starting acceptances today!

Só if they only started acceptances yesterday does that mean the other people saying they got accepted before yesterday were trolling?

WSU will call you if you are accepted AFAIK

They were asking about how people on here had said they had received acceptances already, but WSU said yesterday that they were just now calling applicants with acceptances.

They were asking about how people on here had said they had received acceptances already, but WSU said yesterday that they were just now calling applicants with acceptances.

Last week on the interview trail i overheard a couple saying they got accepted here last week.

Were they lying or did an adcom go rogue

I was accepted near the end of October. Go cougs

If I haven’t gotten an II yet, should I consider it a lost cause? Are there any people who submitted mid July that are still waiting?

If I haven’t gotten an II yet, should I consider it a lost cause? Are there any people who submitted mid July that are still waiting?
I was finished super early and have heard nothing. Hopefully there's another round of II. I went here for undergrad so it'd be a dream to go cougs all the way.

I'm in the same boat too! I'm a WA resident and I'd consider myself a pretty competitive applicant (have received 2 acceptances, both T10) and I've heard nada. I am really interested in primary care/underserved communities in WA and made this pretty clear in my secondary. Definitely kind of bummed but I'm sure they have their reasons! You definitely aren't alone

Nada. Hoping to hear soon....

Same. I interview 8/24 and I've heard nothing.

Anybody remember how they time their acceptances? I can't remember if they meet once a month or so to discuss. Real reason I ask is so I convince myself to stop waiting EACH day, and instead I'll focus on one time of month. ;)

Same. I interview 8/24 and I've heard nothing.

Anybody remember how they time their acceptances? I can't remember if they meet once a month or so to discuss. Real reason I ask is so I convince myself to stop waiting EACH day, and instead I'll focus on one time of month. ;)
I don't recall them clarifying this at all. Literally the only information my group was given was "we won't call you 10/15", which was less than helpful :p

I feel better knowing that earlier cohorts are still silent.

or perhaps, those accepted don't post on sdn.

In state, complete early July and still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 5 users
In state, complete early July and still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
Same boat :( I even interviewed here last year! Who knows, with the funding just getting approved for increasing the class size for 2023, maybe they will go back and send out more II invites (I'm hoping). I imagine their interview cycle will go pretty late due to more room in the upcoming class.

I imagine their interview cycle will go pretty late due to more room in the upcoming class.

Maybe it will. But don’t they still have to fill their class by a specific date? Given their high catch rate I would think once they’ve declared their class officially full by the deadline they won’t accept many more. It’s like March or May I think.

Maybe it will. But don’t they still have to fill their class by a specific date? Given their high catch rate I would think once they’ve declared their class officially full by the deadline they won’t accept many more. It’s like March or May I think.
Right, but like Chicago Medical School interviews all the way into April, so it's possible.

I know this is easy to say on the other side, but everyone just enjoy your holidays and relax. I didn't get an II till Feb. last year and got accepted May. If you are from WA, and have something good to show on your app, you WILL get a chance.

Some info from interview session for anyone curious:

-They received 1550 applications this cycle, (which is roughly 350 more apps than last cycle).
-Interviews held Aug 24-Feb 11, with two tentative dates in March if they feel they need to interview more people.
-All statuses (Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist) will be known by mid-march. Second look is in April.
-Letters of Intent are not useful at this school. Updates are only accepted after you have been waitlisted.
-If legislative funding is approved to increase the class to 80 students, those additional 20 offers will come from the waitlist end of June/beginning July (this is according to one of the handouts they gave).

Wow they’re taking a while to send out another II batch

I interviewed on 11/30 and they said the earliest our group would hear a decision was probably the end of January.

Some info from interview session for anyone curious:

-If legislative funding is approved to increase the class to 80 students, those additional 20 offers will come from the waitlist end of June/beginning July (this is according to one of the handouts they gave).

At the 11/30 interview, they said they were planning to offer acceptances to fill all 80 seats now. (if I remember correctly)

At the 11/30 interview, they said they were planning to offer acceptances to fill all 80 seats now. (if I remember correctly)

Yes that's what they said at my 11/26 interview too, but then one of the handouts in the folder said the additional 20 seats will come from the waitlist June/July. So not sure which is correct.

I imagine the handout is outdated. They sent an update email to the earlier interview groups saying they got the funding and were going ahead with the 80 seats. They will probably fill the class by February/March due to their high catch.

Speculation: I wouldn't be surprised if they wait to waitlist/reject/accept the normal applicants (not the rock stars who heard in Oct) until they are confident they've reviewed as many applications/interviews as possible. So while everyone is on the list and being ranked we probably won't know our status until March.