2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow it was 125 when i checked earlier this morning
Do you think that the moderators are manually removing people from the group? Or people are leaving themselves?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think that the moderators are manually removing people from the group? Or people are leaving themselves?

Moderator. It went from like 135 -> 125 yesterday within like a 30 minute time period. Then sat at 125 the rest of the day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
same…doesn’t help that everyone ik keeps asking if i’ve heard back😭
Me too haha I appreciate that they care and are checking in, but also it's not fun to just say I'm still waiting.

Also if anyone at GW is reading this and wondering when they should call me...
available catherine keener GIF

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I got the A last night! I got an email around 7:34 PM that said "GW Status!", felt like such a miracle especially since I was someone who only had WLs and was very uncertain about my future

For context, I interviewed January 27th, got WL'd like ~3 weeks after that in mid-February. Submitted a (pretty strong) LOI when they prompted us to submit a statement in March. I also submitted another update because I had a publication sometime in mid-April. I did not receive a "are you still interested?" email, but also ig since I submitted a LOI it would be redundant since I already said I go lol? (idk, my own personal theory)

I know the WL process can seem super rough, believe me I've been suffering through it the past 3 months, but some sage advice that I got about the entire process was "you worked really hard to get to this point in life, just try to enjoy the ride, and what happens will happen"

I wish you all the best of luck going forward :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, I got the A last night! I got an email around 7:34 PM that said "GW Status!", felt like such a miracle especially since I was someone who only had WLs and was very uncertain about my future

For context, I interviewed January 27th, got WL'd like ~3 weeks after that in mid-February. Submitted a (pretty strong) LOI when they prompted us to submit a statement in March. I also submitted another update because I had a publication sometime in mid-April. I did not receive a "are you still interested?" email, but also ig since I submitted a LOI it would be redundant since I already said I go lol? (idk, my own personal theory)

I know the WL process can seem super rough, believe me I've been suffering through it the past 3 months, but some sage advice that I got about the entire process was "you worked really hard to get to this point in life, just try to enjoy the ride, and what happens will happen"

I wish you all the best of luck going forward :)
congrats!! thank you so much for the level of detail.

Withdrawing my position in the alternate pool!

Wishing everyone the best luck in getting in here. I'm leaving DC behind this summer, but have always enjoyed stopping by GW for a break from biking on the benches by the metro stop. Also grateful to the med student who bandaged my hand here after I got a concussion in 2020.

Weird times, great school, and much love!

Reactions: 1 users
I am seeing a Feb WL-Jan interview trend rn but that could be a coincidence
i think they’re kind of going in order. i also remember them saying they have some sort of ranking that’s pretty fluid though. could be a mixture of the two

Genuinely, best of luck to you all!

This is my first acceptance and I appreciate this entire group being here providing visibility into this process the past few months.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Genuinely, best of luck to you all!

This is my first acceptance and I appreciate this entire group being here providing visibility into this process the past few months.
Hoping to be in your position soon. Congratulations ❤️

Reactions: 2 users
according to the WL support thread there’s an issue with the CYMS school tool. could be affecting schools ability to assess open seats and address WL accordingly. deep breaths everyone, we got this❤️

Reactions: 5 users
Assuming since WL offers went out yesterday, it seems chances are slim to get accepted. Unless people turn them down.

Assuming since WL offers went out yesterday, it seems chances are slim to get accepted. Unless people turn them down.
I think some people will stick with their current school so there will probably be more offers before the end of May.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
neurotically checking the FB group to see movement but seems like moderator isn't accepting new people despite WL movement

Do we think they're done sending out WL acceptances until some of those people deny? It seems like not THAT many were sent out yesterday....

Do we think they're done sending out WL acceptances until some of those people deny? It seems like not THAT many were sent out yesterday....
I would find that hard to believe, maybe they are waiting for the CYMS tool to be fixed

I agree-- given FB size it doesn't seem like everything went out. However, there are problems with the CYMS so maybe they are being conservative rn with WL movement

I would find that hard to believe, maybe they are waiting for the CYMS tool to be fixed
Yeah I don’t think this is it in terms of movement. They said mid May so I don’t expect movement to be done in the first 3 days.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree-- given FB size it doesn't seem like everything went out. However, there are problems with the CYMS so maybe they are being conservative rn with WL movement

They haven’t let new accepted students in the fb group yet. I requested to join midday yesterday and my status is still “pending”…

So, unfortunately, I would not use the fb numbers as an indicator of movement right now.

Best of luck to you all

out of curiosity for those who got off WL how long did they give you to accept the spot?

out of curiosity for those who got off WL how long did they give you to accept the spot?

my acceptance letter was on the 2nd and it said "This Offer of Acceptance is valid only if signed and returned by May 10, 2023" so roughly a week

They haven’t let new accepted students in the fb group yet. I requested to join midday yesterday and my status is still “pending”…

So, unfortunately, I would not use the fb numbers as an indicator of movement right now.

Best of luck to you all
Still pending?