2022-2023 George Washington

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

same…doesn’t help that everyone ik keeps asking if i’ve heard back😭
Me too haha I appreciate that they care and are checking in, but also it's not fun to just say I'm still waiting.

Also if anyone at GW is reading this and wondering when they should call me...
available catherine keener GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I got the A last night! I got an email around 7:34 PM that said "GW Status!", felt like such a miracle especially since I was someone who only had WLs and was very uncertain about my future

For context, I interviewed January 27th, got WL'd like ~3 weeks after that in mid-February. Submitted a (pretty strong) LOI when they prompted us to submit a statement in March. I also submitted another update because I had a publication sometime in mid-April. I did not receive a "are you still interested?" email, but also ig since I submitted a LOI it would be redundant since I already said I go lol? (idk, my own personal theory)

I know the WL process can seem super rough, believe me I've been suffering through it the past 3 months, but some sage advice that I got about the entire process was "you worked really hard to get to this point in life, just try to enjoy the ride, and what happens will happen"

I wish you all the best of luck going forward 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I got the A last night! I got an email around 7:34 PM that said "GW Status!", felt like such a miracle especially since I was someone who only had WLs and was very uncertain about my future

For context, I interviewed January 27th, got WL'd like ~3 weeks after that in mid-February. Submitted a (pretty strong) LOI when they prompted us to submit a statement in March. I also submitted another update because I had a publication sometime in mid-April. I did not receive a "are you still interested?" email, but also ig since I submitted a LOI it would be redundant since I already said I go lol? (idk, my own personal theory)

I know the WL process can seem super rough, believe me I've been suffering through it the past 3 months, but some sage advice that I got about the entire process was "you worked really hard to get to this point in life, just try to enjoy the ride, and what happens will happen"

I wish you all the best of luck going forward 🙂
congrats!! thank you so much for the level of detail.
 
Withdrawing my position in the alternate pool!

Wishing everyone the best luck in getting in here. I'm leaving DC behind this summer, but have always enjoyed stopping by GW for a break from biking on the benches by the metro stop. Also grateful to the med student who bandaged my hand here after I got a concussion in 2020.

Weird times, great school, and much love!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Assuming since WL offers went out yesterday, it seems chances are slim to get accepted. Unless people turn them down.
I think some people will stick with their current school so there will probably be more offers before the end of May.
 
Do we think they're done sending out WL acceptances until some of those people deny? It seems like not THAT many were sent out yesterday....
I agree-- given FB size it doesn't seem like everything went out. However, there are problems with the CYMS so maybe they are being conservative rn with WL movement
 
I agree-- given FB size it doesn't seem like everything went out. However, there are problems with the CYMS so maybe they are being conservative rn with WL movement

They haven’t let new accepted students in the fb group yet. I requested to join midday yesterday and my status is still “pending”…

So, unfortunately, I would not use the fb numbers as an indicator of movement right now.

Best of luck to you all [emoji1696][emoji1696]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They haven’t let new accepted students in the fb group yet. I requested to join midday yesterday and my status is still “pending”…

So, unfortunately, I would not use the fb numbers as an indicator of movement right now.

Best of luck to you all [emoji1696][emoji1696]
Still pending?