2022-2023 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals. This thread has been a respite from the stress

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hoping for literally any communication from them this week………has anyone else not heard anything since they submitted their secondary

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a current student in the SDN that can peak about the research opportunities available, and how hard or easy it is to get research if a student wants to do so, Thank you.

Just got email saying I’m eligible, interviewed 12/2. They said we would hear our decisions in Jan!

Reactions: 4 users
I mean they said the people who interviewed in December would hear back in January about their decisions

Damn dude what about people that interviewed in September?

Hope that’s not a bad omen for me - still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call this morning and scheduled an appointment with Dr. Harrison! I interviewed 12/2

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Damn dude what about people that interviewed in September?

Hope that’s not a bad omen for me - still waiting!
Same, interviewed in October. Not sure if I should be worried right now :/

Reactions: 1 user
May Friday the 13th be our lucky day!

Call me pls

Reactions: 6 users
Welp, that Update email for the "eligible" folk doesn't seem very encouraging 😀

• Sad
I am reading last years thread.... waitlist movement continued into May/June.... so there's hope!

• Care

Attachments

• 20230113_102912.jpg
    20230113_102912.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! I was definitely not hopeful about my waitlist status but this confirms I shouldn't hold my breath.

I don't understand how they choose who is a good mission fit. Their mission is "To solve problems in challenging health care environments across the state of Washington"--is it just who is the most likely to practice in Washington state after residency?

Reactions: 1 users
Welp, that Update email for the "eligible" folk doesn't seem very encouraging 😀
Super discouraging..
Does anyone know if eligible who don't get an offer are placed higher on the waitlist? I know there is no official rank but I'm curious if we still have a decent chance

Super discouraging..
Does anyone know if eligible who don't get an offer are placed higher on the waitlist? I know there is no official rank but I'm curious if we still have a decent chance
I think so.... I feel like it would make sense that eligible people get placed above the original waitlist

I just keeping telling myself that the waitlist movement last year going until late June is promising so....
Not to be a downer, but they accept like 1 person usually in June and maybe 1 in July, and each year they've been able to make fewer and fewer offers because they are saying they've been choosing people who align with their mission better each year

• Sad
I appreciate them keeping it real but the wording of that email really stressed me out. I felt like this was my only good interview (out of only 2 interviews) :oops:

• Care
Got an email with an “estimated financial aid” offer today - all I have to do is “apply for admission”! Lol.

WSU pls call me y r u hurting me like this

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hope everyone is doing good! I just wanted to know if anyone knows (or has a ballpark range) of how many people currently have the 'eligible' status? Wishing everyone the best for Feb decisions!

Does anyone have a ball park of when Feb decisions will be going out?

Based on last years thread I’m thinking week of 02/13 but I’m dying to know 🥲

Does anyone have a ball park of when Feb decisions will be going out?

Based on last years thread I’m thinking week of 02/13 but I’m dying to know 🥲
The update email to eligible students mentioned mid-February and early March would be the next calls

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Harrison! I interviewed 1/9.

• Love
Have any 1/20 interviewees received any communication that wasn't an acceptance (eg an eligible, waitlist, or rejection) yet?
Just got an email saying I’m eligible. Not entirely sure what that means or how ‘disappointed’ I should feel…..lol

I’m surprised they called on a Saturday… so I suppose we wait again until March for more calls 😔 this is so frustrating

I am really curious if anyone on the WL will be pulled off, because I assume the “eligible” people will go higher up on the WL at the end of the interview season, so anyone who is on the WL rn will still be ranked below them. So is WL pretty much a rejection

Got a call last Saturday! Interviewed in September

I am really curious if anyone on the WL will be pulled off, because I assume the “eligible” people will go higher up on the WL at the end of the interview season, so anyone who is on the WL rn will still be ranked below them. So is WL pretty much a rejection
Was thinking this same thing (coming from someone who has the 'eligible' status... I just wish I knew how many people had this status. I am assuming WL is a rejection considering I (and others) are eligible but have yet to be accepted.

I got a WL and am proceeding as if I have been flat-out rejected

• Care
If the class was over half full in January when they emailed us, there must only be a few seats left at this point