You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Washington State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Future_Doc2023
Full Member
Yes, we just had the opportunity to submit our ranking for clinical campuses. I think it will depend when you come off the waitlist. For instance, if you come off the waitlist late, they'll have to place you in the learning community where there are open spaces.Does anyone know if the accepted students have chosen their clinical campuses? And if we get accepted off the waitlist do we just get put at whichever site still has open seats?
Thanks! Did they say when you would hear back about which campus you get? I'm surprised they would assign people already since some people holding seats may not actually commit to enrollYes, we just had the opportunity to submit our ranking for clinical campuses. I think it will depend when you come off the waitlist. For instance, if you come off the waitlist late, they'll have to place you in the learning community where there are open spaces.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Future_Doc2023
Full Member
They said we would know mid-April.Thanks! Did they say when you would hear back about which campus you get? I'm surprised they would assign people already since some people holding seats may not actually commit to enroll
Thanks!They said we would know mid-April.
tornado6565
Full Member
I just withdrew my acceptance, hoping this spot goes to one of you!!
WSU is an amazing school and I think anyone with the opportunity to go will love it as well! Rooting for you all!
WSU is an amazing school and I think anyone with the opportunity to go will love it as well! Rooting for you all!
I am so low on the WL I am wondering if I should just withdraw now and save myself the disappointment later
I wouldn't if you're still interested in WSU! I bet when they get towards matriculation more people from the waitlist who get offers probably decline if they have been accepted elsewhere. You never know what could happen!I am so low on the WL I am wondering if I should just withdraw now and save myself the disappointment later
I wouldn't, they did say that a lot more people accepted their waitlist spots in comparison to previous years. So who knows? I will stay on it even though the chances are slim to none.I am so low on the WL I am wondering if I should just withdraw now and save myself the disappointment later
Have people already been accepted off the WL? I haven't been emailing to check for my ranking because I assumed there would be no updates until after April 30th.
I moved up 5 spots in the last month, it's possible people were accepted or maybe just declined the WL spots during that timeHave people already been accepted off the WL? I haven't been emailing to check for my ranking because I assumed there would be no updates until after April 30th.
I think maybe people are giving up their WL spots cause I asked for an update at the beginning of last week and my spot hadn't changedI moved up 5 spots in the last month, it's possible people were accepted or maybe just declined the WL spots during that time
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
I think maybe people are giving up their WL spots cause I asked for an update at the beginning of last week and my spot hadn't changed
I agree. I’ve only moved up one spot in the last month so I think people with higher numbers than me gave up their spot
I agree. I’ve only moved up one spot in the last month so I think people with higher numbers than me gave up their spot
I hope we see real movement soon. I'm so anxious!I think maybe people are giving up their WL spots cause I asked for an update at the beginning of last week and my spot hadn't changed
I agree. I’ve only moved up one spot in the last month so I think people with higher numbers than me gave up their spot
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If there are any people in here firmly set on WSU that have been accepted and you are looking for a quiet apartment outside of Spokane, let me know. Love my spot. Will be moving this summer for clinicals.
D
deleted1148534
I just got a call to schedule a meeting with the dean! 🎉
nani14
Full Member
Congratulations!!! That is amazing!! ❤️I just got a call to schedule a meeting with the dean! 🎉
Congratulations!!!!I just got a call to schedule a meeting with the dean! 🎉
willworkforsnacks01
Full Member
Congrats! That’s amazing. Were you waitlisted prior/what was your number?I just got a call to schedule a meeting with the dean! 🎉
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
I figure they had to be position 1 or so... because my position has only moved 1 spot since the waitlist started.Congrats! That’s amazing. Were you waitlisted prior/what was your number?
Did you check today? Mine has moved 8 spotsI figure they had to be position 1 or so... because my position has only moved 1 spot since the waitlist started.
Just got the call to schedule with the dean 🎉 Hope lots of people get offers today!!
willworkforsnacks01
Full Member
I got a call this AM to schedule a Zoom meeting with the Dean!
When I first was put on the waitlist, I was the position 14-18.
When I first was put on the waitlist, I was the position 14-18.
FriendlyBee
New Member
Anyone know when the deadline for CTE is for WSU?
willworkforsnacks01
Full Member
Just gave up my spot, hope it goes to one of you who want it!!!!!I got a call this AM to schedule a Zoom meeting with the Dean!
When I first was put on the waitlist, I was the position 14-18.
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
Just got the call!!! Omg 🎉 I was spot 21-22 when the waitlist started
driedcranberries
Full Member
Congrats! Had you gotten an update recently about your rank?Just got the call!!! Omg 🎉 I was spot 21-22 when the waitlist started
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
On last Wednesday I was tied with someone at 3Congrats! Had you gotten an update recently about your rank?
driedcranberries
Full Member
I was really hoping for more movement here after seeing how many have come off the WL at UW and OHSU…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am painfully high on the waitlist now where I'm 99% sure I still won't get in but there's a very small chance giving me hope
driedcranberries
Full Member
Did you request your rank this week? I did a few days ago and haven’t heard back yet…I am painfully high on the waitlist now where I'm 99% sure I still won't get in but there's a very small chance giving me hope
I did on Tuesday morning and they got back to me in the afternoon!Did you request your rank this week? I did a few days ago and haven’t heard back yet…
What do you feel like is painfully high/get your hopes up region on the WL right now?I am painfully high on the waitlist now where I'm 99% sure I still won't get in but there's a very small chance giving me hope
driedcranberries
Full Member
I requested Tuesday morning too and never heard back😅I did on Tuesday morning and they got back to me in the afternoon!
30sWhat do you feel like is painfully high/get your hopes up region on the WL right now?
driedcranberries
Full Member
I think most schools have CTE deadlines in June so hopefully there will be more movement again then! The waitlist is brutal
driedcranberries
Full Member
@sosmedicine, any update on your WL rank? I felt as though there was pretty significant movement with mine
Since last week it went up only three but it went up like 60 since the initial ranking@sosmedicine, any update on your WL rank? I felt as though there was pretty significant movement with mine
Looks like there was way more movement in the second week of May than previously so fingers crossed that we get the same pattern in June
Does anyone know when the CTE deadline is for WSU/how long people have to respond to offers right now?Looks like there was way more movement in the second week of May than previously so fingers crossed that we get the same pattern in June
I would say yea that would not be a smart move. Around which spot are you on the WL right now?Would it be a bad look to withdraw from the waitlist if I plan on reapplying next year? Don’t want to deal with the “what-if” anxiety lol
In the 20s now but started in the 80sI would say yea that would not be a smart move. Around which spot are you on the WL right now?
driedcranberries
Full Member
For future applicants, I moved 55 spots on the WL and got a final rejection the day classes started.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad