2022-2023 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the accepted students have chosen their clinical campuses? And if we get accepted off the waitlist do we just get put at whichever site still has open seats?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the accepted students have chosen their clinical campuses? And if we get accepted off the waitlist do we just get put at whichever site still has open seats?
Yes, we just had the opportunity to submit our ranking for clinical campuses. I think it will depend when you come off the waitlist. For instance, if you come off the waitlist late, they'll have to place you in the learning community where there are open spaces.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Yes, we just had the opportunity to submit our ranking for clinical campuses. I think it will depend when you come off the waitlist. For instance, if you come off the waitlist late, they'll have to place you in the learning community where there are open spaces.
Thanks! Did they say when you would hear back about which campus you get? I'm surprised they would assign people already since some people holding seats may not actually commit to enroll

Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my acceptance, hoping this spot goes to one of you!!

WSU is an amazing school and I think anyone with the opportunity to go will love it as well! Rooting for you all!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I am so low on the WL I am wondering if I should just withdraw now and save myself the disappointment later

I am so low on the WL I am wondering if I should just withdraw now and save myself the disappointment later
I wouldn't if you're still interested in WSU! I bet when they get towards matriculation more people from the waitlist who get offers probably decline if they have been accepted elsewhere. You never know what could happen!

I wouldn't, they did say that a lot more people accepted their waitlist spots in comparison to previous years. So who knows? I will stay on it even though the chances are slim to none.

Have people already been accepted off the WL? I haven't been emailing to check for my ranking because I assumed there would be no updates until after April 30th.

Have people already been accepted off the WL? I haven't been emailing to check for my ranking because I assumed there would be no updates until after April 30th.
I moved up 5 spots in the last month, it's possible people were accepted or maybe just declined the WL spots during that time

Reactions: 1 users
I moved up 5 spots in the last month, it's possible people were accepted or maybe just declined the WL spots during that time
I think maybe people are giving up their WL spots cause I asked for an update at the beginning of last week and my spot hadn't changed

I think maybe people are giving up their WL spots cause I asked for an update at the beginning of last week and my spot hadn't changed
I agree. I’ve only moved up one spot in the last month so I think people with higher numbers than me gave up their spot

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I’ve only moved up one spot in the last month so I think people with higher numbers than me gave up their spot
I hope we see real movement soon. I'm so anxious!

• Care
Interesting email from WSU this morning - finally gave us some historical waitlist data
IMG_6811.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
If there are any people in here firmly set on WSU that have been accepted and you are looking for a quiet apartment outside of Spokane, let me know. Love my spot. Will be moving this summer for clinicals.

I just got a call to schedule a meeting with the dean! 🎉

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call to schedule with the dean 🎉 Hope lots of people get offers today!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got a call this AM to schedule a Zoom meeting with the Dean!
When I first was put on the waitlist, I was the position 14-18.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call!!! Omg 🎉 I was spot 21-22 when the waitlist started

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was really hoping for more movement here after seeing how many have come off the WL at UW and OHSU…

• Care
I am painfully high on the waitlist now where I'm 99% sure I still won't get in but there's a very small chance giving me hope

• Care
I am painfully high on the waitlist now where I'm 99% sure I still won't get in but there's a very small chance giving me hope
What do you feel like is painfully high/get your hopes up region on the WL right now?

Looks like there was way more movement in the second week of May than previously so fingers crossed that we get the same pattern in June

Looks like there was way more movement in the second week of May than previously so fingers crossed that we get the same pattern in June
Does anyone know when the CTE deadline is for WSU/how long people have to respond to offers right now?

Would it be a bad look to withdraw from the waitlist if I plan on reapplying next year? Don’t want to deal with the “what-if” anxiety lol

Would it be a bad look to withdraw from the waitlist if I plan on reapplying next year? Don’t want to deal with the “what-if” anxiety lol
I would say yea that would not be a smart move. Around which spot are you on the WL right now?

For future applicants, I moved 55 spots on the WL and got a final rejection the day classes started.