2022-2023 George Washington

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

for those that have gone WL->A, how long did it take to get your fin aid packages? it seems that those receiving As have a window to make a decision, so I’m curious if fin aid is provided to help with that decision. did you do the forms ahead of time? for the record, i’m still WL just unsure if i should be filling out these forms now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those that have gone WL->A, how long did it take to get your fin aid packages? it seems that those receiving As have a window to make a decision, so I’m curious if fin aid is provided to help with that decision. did you do the forms ahead of time? for the record, i’m still WL just unsure if i should be filling out these forms now
It took about a week from when I sent in all the forms to receive the fin aid package. I did not do the forms ahead of time, but I also wasn't in a rush to get them completed before accepting the A.
 
It took about a week from when I sent in all the forms to receive the fin aid package. I did not do the forms ahead of time, but I also wasn't in a rush to get them completed before accepting the A.
thanks for the reply! they give like 8 days to make a decision right? so sounds like you got yours in just the right amount of time
 
They did mention that they would remove people from the WL if there was no chance, so I feel like the fact that we're still on the WL is a good sign... maybe?
 
They did mention that they would remove people from the WL if there was no chance, so I feel like the fact that we're still on the WL is a good sign... maybe?
True, it just stinks that the waitlist is so large, and from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like they've sent rejections in a while.
 
facebook group at 142 for the past week or so maybe they're at class capacity and the rest of the class isn't on FB or something 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
facebook group at 142 for the past week or so maybe they're at class capacity and the rest of the class isn't on FB or something 🙁
If you look at previous years, this Facebook group is still smaller by at least 20 people, and we should keep in mind that some members of the group are admin and most likely some current students
 
If you look at previous years, this Facebook group is still smaller by at least 20 people, and we should keep in mind that some members of the group are admin and most likely some current students
I totally am confused about that bc I agree seems off but how are they just keeping ~20 spots not filled ya feel? Who knows I’m just trying to piece random stuff tog lol
 
I totally am confused about that bc I agree seems off but how are they just keeping ~20 spots not filled ya feel? Who knows I’m just trying to piece random stuff tog lol
I don’t know it’s weird to me that movement just stopped day 3. However, it’s not like everyone is on SDN so they could still be doing things but no one is reporting it.
 
somebody pls
 

Attachments

  • 86820866-AE40-4EDD-B396-E50199C1034F.jpeg
    86820866-AE40-4EDD-B396-E50199C1034F.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 221
I think we could probably call and ask if they are at capacity? But there will also probably be movement around CTE date (I forget what it is).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ did anyone end up emailing? Also if an accepted student could give us a groupme number I'd appreciate it with the CTE deadline this week I wanted to gauge if I should move on mentally lol
 
^ did anyone end up emailing? Also if an accepted student could give us a groupme number I'd appreciate it with the CTE deadline this week I wanted to gauge if I should move on mentally lol
I didn't email... since the CTE deadline is this week I figured I'd wait. I also have given up mentally haha.
 
Emailed about if there will be WL movement (and interest) and the response was thanks for your update so I am going to take it as a moving-on moment officially. It was nice to meet yall on here!
 
Emailed about if there will be WL movement (and interest) and the response was thanks for your update so I am going to take it as a moving-on moment officially. It was nice to meet yall on here!
Same here, sent a very similar email and got the same exact response
 
I’m in the same boat. Like I appreciate being on the list but why put us on there if there is little to no chance of getting off. My whole life is on hold rn and it’s very frustrating 😞 wishing the best for the both of us
At this point I don’t understand why they haven’t severely cut down the list by now. They should 100% know what the class looks like. I’m on another WL and it’s also 0 communication.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At this point I don’t understand why they haven’t severely cut down the list by now. They should 100% know what the class looks like. I’m on another WL and it’s also 0 communication.
Right? Like the CTE deadline was yesterday and I doubt more than half of the class will drop last minute
 
edit: emailed and this is what they said:

Thank you for your note. We have added it to your file.

You remain an active member of the alternate pool.
 
Last edited:
Did you just send them an email with a note or upload something to the portal? Considering sending a last ditch effort lol
I sent something along the lines of this:

"Hi I know I sent a letter of intent but since the CTE deadline was June 2 I just wanted to express one last message of interest in case there are any spots left"

I know it's better to send messages when you have actual substantive things to share but yeah I have nothing to lose at this point haha

They also responded at like 9pm so I imagine they are busy