2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last years secondary wasn’t accessible to people until July 6th because of glitches, even though they received it way earlier. So if you haven’t received one I wouldn’t be worried.

If you guys need some counseling for this we can meet in the conference room. Just don’t tell Michael and Dwight.
No wonder why Michael hated you smh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I could've rode a bike to their office and handed over a crisp $100 bill in less time than this payment is taking to process.

Reactions: 6 users
am i sthe only one who still cant access their secondary? Its been more than 48 hours and still nothing. Called them and said the IT team is working on it :/

Members don't see this ad :)
am i sthe only one who still cant access their secondary? Its been more than 48 hours and still nothing. Called them and said the IT team is working on it :/
You may want to call. I’ve accessed it, submitted it and got it verified. There may be a problem with your account

Yeah, I would call. I already submitted and received confirmation from them. Good luck!

Is anybody still waiting for their payment to be received? It has been a week for me now

Is anybody still waiting for their payment to be received? It has been a week for me now
:rofl: yeah same here. I sent them a message about it, they apologized and said system issues but as long as I have a paid email from them they got it covered.

For anyone worried about the lack of communication about payment problems and/or not getting the secondary, I just want to let you all know that there was a big Med Student Fair both yesterday and today and that is probably a big reason as to the silence. Not to mention that we start classes this Monday and things are pretty hectic here. :p Keep on calling and sending emails, but do not worry -- it is still early in the cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
When I click on the "secondary application" link, I get a blank page with the message "could not find person information." Whats up with that? Anyone else have this issue?

This might be a silly question, but for the prompt about what three activities are most important to continue while in medical school and why: can I put volunteering with the underserved, reading, and exercise/wellness maintenance? Or are they looking for only service/medicine-related activities?

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a silly question, but for the prompt about what three activities are most important to continue while in medical school and why: can I put volunteering with the underserved, reading, and exercise/wellness maintenance? Or are they looking for only service/medicine-related activities?
I only put 1 medicine related activity.

They are asking for three activities so I would put three activities and I would diversify them. Also think about how much time each activity would take because I think it doesnt make sense to mention activities that take much of your time because you wont have that time.

Did anybody else pay but not get a receipt in your email? My credit card history shows that Wayne has charged me for my application, but the payment status isn’t checked and I never got a receipt through email.

Did anybody else pay but not get a receipt in your email? My credit card history shows that Wayne has charged me for my application, but the payment status isn’t checked and I never got a receipt through email.

Same situation for me, but when I emailed them they said not to worry about it and the app will be reviewed cause glitch is on their end.

Anybody else still not get one? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Wayne State screens

+1

I paid a week ago, got an email a day later, but my payment status isn't checked either.

I did get a complete email a couple days after, so I assumed it's just a bug in their system

I paid a week ago, got an email a day later, but my payment status isn't checked either.

I did get a complete email a couple days after, so I assumed it's just a bug in their system

What did your complete email say? I got an email saying “my secondary is submitted and they will begin rewview” . But I don’t know if that means only my secondary is complete or my whole app is complete lol...

Last edited:
I don’t think we need a photo ID...

What did your complete email say? I got an email saying “my secondary is submitted and they will begin rewview” . But I don’t know if that means only my secondary is complete or my whole app is complete lol...

If you have an MCAT score and all LOR's on file then your whole app is complete. They might be behind in reviewing though with all the secondary problems. Last year, II's first went out on July 17th so I guess we'll see.

When I click on the "secondary application" link, I get a blank page with the message "could not find person information." Whats up with that? Anyone else have this issue?
+1 having this issue this morning. Anybody else?

I don’t think we need a photo ID...

They wanted you to upload proof of citizenship or something like that

They wanted you to upload proof of citizenship or something like that

Oh, my bad. I forgot that they had a photo ID section.
If you have an MCAT score and all LOR's on file then your whole app is complete. They might be behind in reviewing though with all the secondary problems. Last year, II's first went out on July 17th so I guess we'll see.

We have no way to knowing if they have our LORS or payment at the moment. Also, all I got in terms of an email is an email titled "Secondary Application Complete", a day after I sent LORS, paid, and submitted essays. I do have a "med school in review" status, though. So maybe i"m good

Last edited:
Oh, my bad. I forgot that they had a photo ID section.

We have no way to knowing if they have our LORS or payment at the moment. Also, all I got in terms of an email is an email titled "Secondary Application Complete", a day after I sent LORS, paid, and submitted essays. I do have a "med school in review" status, though. So maybe i"m good
In for review means your app is complete. Nothing left for you to do besides checking the portal periodically. If I were you, I wouldn't rely on emails for Wayne because they send all updates to the portal.

lol... is seeing/spending time with my fam/friends an activity cause that is important to me but I dont want to sound stupid

In mine, they ask for me to ' Upload a photocopy of your Proof of Citizenship.'

Am I the only one who can’t see where it says this? Lol

I have a photo ID section but I just uploaded a picture of myself. Is this where we are supposed to upload proof of citizenship? I didn’t see that.

Am I the only one who can’t see where it says this? Lol

I have a photo ID section but I just uploaded a picture of myself. Is this where we are supposed to upload proof of citizenship? I didn’t see that.
I actually have this on mine too along with them asking for my DD214(military service) I think its applicant specific especially if you are born in another country like I was.

lol... is seeing/spending time with my fam/friends an activity cause that is important to me but I dont want to sound stupid
I did, I mentioned budgeting time to spend with my fiance... I think it's valid

wow that seems incredibly early. When did the first acceptances go out if you know?

wow that seems incredibly early. When did the first acceptances go out if you know?
My sources tell me the current timeline is starting interviews in mid to late August. Most med school admissions deans won't review apps until after labor day at least. Wayne will probably send out some acceptances in mid to late September. I did my Masters here so I know the school pretty well.

I'm pretty certain according to AAMC rules that EDP acceptances start on October 1st and regular MD acceptances start on October 15th.

I'm pretty certain according to AAMC rules that EDP acceptances start on October 1st and regular MD acceptances start on October 15th.
My bad, I meant mid to late October for acceptances, not September. Those rules are right.

I'm confused as to where I stand in this application. I submitted the secondary, photo, and payment, but never received an email from them like some others did on this thread. All I got was an email that said "Thank you for your payment." The box for payment is still unchecked. Do we need to upload the Technical Standards to be complete? At the very bottom next to "Admission Decision" it says "July 14" and 'Med school in for Review (MR)"

I'm confused as to where I stand in this application. I submitted the secondary, photo, and payment, but never received an email from them like some others did on this thread. All I got was an email that said "Thank you for your payment." The box for payment is still unchecked. Do we need to upload the Technical Standards to be complete? At the very bottom next to "Admission Decision" it says "July 14" and 'Med school in for Review (MR)"
I printed, signed, scanned, and uploaded the technical standards as a PDF. Not sure what that is because I have the same status as you...

Med school in for review means just that, the med school is now reviewing your full application (primary + secondary)

For this secondary prompt (listed below), would I be a reapplicant if I only submitted to AACOMAS in the past?

Please only answer this question if you are a re-applicant. The response is limited to a maximum of 1500 characters, including spaces. What academic, employment, volunteer experiences have you been engaged in since your last application to medical school? How does your current application differ from your previous application?

i.e. should I answer this prompt, even though I have never submitted a primary to any M.D. school?

For this secondary prompt (listed below), would I be a reapplicant if I only submitted to AACOMAS in the past?

Please only answer this question if you are a re-applicant. The response is limited to a maximum of 1500 characters, including spaces. What academic, employment, volunteer experiences have you been engaged in since your last application to medical school? How does your current application differ from your previous application?

i.e. should I answer this prompt, even though I have never submitted a primary to any M.D. school?
No, you would not. It’s a school specific question. Even if you had applied MD, if you have not applied to Wayne State before, you’re not a reapplicant.

Payment finally processed

How long did it take in between getting your primary application verified by AMCAS and receiving a secondary application?