2018-2019 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure if I should be disappointed or excited...

There have been people outright rejected, so I suppose it could be worse. I do think with the plethora of people who are on the list, it is most likely a soft rejection? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted as well. :/ Considering that a lot of waitlisted inidividuals have higher stats than me, this might be the end of the road for my app at this school.

Also for those who have 509+ MCATs and high GPAs and got outright rejected, I think they may be looking at the last response a bit closely (the one about creativity and solution to problem)

Waitlisted as well. :/ Considering that a lot of waitlisted inidividuals have higher stats than me, this might be the end of the road for my app at this school.

Also for those who have 509+ MCATs and high GPAs and got outright rejected, I think they may be looking at the last response a bit closely (the one about creativity and solution to problem)

Well that was optional to complete, I believe? So perhaps it is more dependent upon the service commitment of the individuals? This process is a mystery.

Members don't see this ad :)

I didn't answer that question and I got a II so who knows

Reactions: 1 user
OOS- Got flat out rejected this morning. Seeing people with higher stats getting waitlisted makes me feel a bit better lol

In my opinion:
Morgantown: more specialty research opportunity readily available but less good experience for surgery rotation.

Charleston: Good if you want to do procedural specialty like gen surg. Surg faculty is extremely helpful and nice. However, IM and EM seems to not be as strong. Also, need to be more proactive in finding research project.

Eastern: very strong preventive and diabetic clinic. Very good primary care faculty. However, seems to lack sub specialty exposures and research opportunity for competitive specialty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

If you are interested in surgery and are tied to the Morgantown campus, will you be lacking in good experience?

If you are interested in surgery and are tied to the Morgantown campus, will you be lacking in good experience?
You probably would have to be more proactive to get extra experience. I wouldn't say you'll be lacking anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

I applied to this school months ago back in early July, gave up on the secondary when it didn't come in after a month of being verified but I just got a secondary 3 hours ago.... any thoughts on what that could mean?

I applied to this school months ago back in early July, gave up on the secondary when it didn't come in after a month of being verified but I just got a secondary 3 hours ago.... any thoughts on what that could mean?
if you're still interested, complete the secondary :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I will say I interviewed at the east campus and even though you might see a smaller population than the others, on the east side there are only a dozen Med students there so you’re one on one with the attending and the med students I’ve talked to there who were 4th years said they were able to be more proactive since they weren’t competing with residents or other med students during rotations especially with surgical rotations. That’s to give you a better idea about the eastern side since I know it was mentioned to just be just good primary care.

My first rejection ever this morning, bleh, where are my country roads
#whereismymountainmama
3.5 cGPA, 514, Canadian

I was accepted last Wednesday!! I'm so excited!! I wish all of you the best of luck this cycle and hope to see some of you as classmates!

Because I'm sure some are curious... I'm in-state, applied Early Decision, and LizzyM 66 but have very good EC's and received a lot of compliments on my writing. Stats aren't everything.

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who already had interviews and drove, when were you emailed the parking pass?

Is anyone who is interviewing tomorrow going to drive back or Uber to Pittsburgh airport after the interview? I have to get to Pittsburgh and was hoping we could split cost of getting there.

OOS - rejected - Lizzy M 67. Completed first week of Sept. Quick turn around, leads me to believe they probably process most apps by MCAT/GPA based on competition this year. Good luck to all

Its okay, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere with that LizzyM. When did you submit the secondary and when did you receive the complete email if you don't mind me asking?

FYI WVU will send out decisions on oct 15th at noon. GL to all who interviews before this day.

Reactions: 5 users
With all the Wait-listing I see on the SDN, WVU still giving out II wait-listing. I got one today. Is there a hope for real II??
View attachment 240485

Last edited:
Any advice on how to move out of the pre-interview waitlist. I'll love to go here and was wondering if I should have a professor call in for me or send a letter of interest. I do realize it's still early in the cycle

Any advice on how to move out of the pre-interview waitlist. I'll love to go here and was wondering if I should have a professor call in for me or send a letter of interest. I do realize it's still early in the cycle

Letter of interest

I know half of WVU's 2022 class was accepted off the wait-list, but does anyone know how many people (roughly) on the wait-list who wanted to get in, still didn't? Some people don't care abt being WL since they've been accepted somewhere else, but I'm wondering about those who really wanted to go and still didn't get in.

Congratulations to the EDP-ers and see you next year!

I know half of WVU's 2022 class was accepted off the wait-list, but does anyone know how many people (roughly) on the wait-list who wanted to get in, still didn't? Some people don't care abt being WL since they've been accepted somewhere else, but I'm wondering about those who really wanted to go and still didn't get in.

I'm not exactly sure but online it says that for the 2022 cycle they interviewed 842 people, which means there was probably a lot of waitlist candidates.

Has anyone been pulled off of the interview waitlist yet?

Who is excited to hear back about decisions this monday?!?!?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an II after being placed on the interview waitlist?

Just got pulled off the interview waitlist an hour ago! The admissions office called me, thought it was initially a bogus number. My interview is scheduled on 12/14 in Morgantown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got pulled off the interview waitlist an hour ago! The admissions office called me, thought it was initially a bogus number. My interview is scheduled at 12/14 in Morgantown.
When were you waitlisted? I was waitlisted back in July.

When were you waitlisted? I was waitlisted back in July.
Waitlisted for an interview back on August 8th. I believe they are just going down their waitlist and calling numbers up until they fill the rest of their interview slots. And mine was scheduled for December, so it I would think there are some slots left till march?

Waitlisted for an interview back on August 8th. I believe they are just going down their waitlist and calling numbers up until they fill the rest of their interview slots. And mine was scheduled for December, so it I would think there are some slots left till march?
Why not email - so if you don’t answer are you skipped? I guess since you got called earlier but you submitted after me I won’t get off the waitlist. Hopefully atleast one of the two schools I interviewed for in September give me good news next week.

Why not email - so if you don’t answer are you skipped? I guess since you got called earlier but you submitted after me I won’t get off the waitlist. Hopefully atleast one of the two schools I interviewed for in September give me good news next week.

I don't think you should believe you won't get off the waitlist because you submitted earlier. Their waitlist is most likely ranked-based on your app's competitiveness. They may have just not gotten to you yet. Good luck though!

Just got pulled off the interview waitlist an hour ago! The admissions office called me, thought it was initially a bogus number. My interview is scheduled at 12/14 in Morgantown.
congratulations. Good luck on the interview

So the person I called at WVU said they review all apps within 3-4 weeks regardless of secondary submission date? How true is this lol

So the person I called at WVU said they review all apps within 3-4 weeks regardless of secondary submission date? How true is this lol
I heard back in exactly 3 weeks after I submitted early July, and from most of the posts I've seen in this forum the 3-4 week timeline is very accurate.

I heard back in exactly 3 weeks after I submitted early July, and from most of the posts I've seen in this forum the 3-4 week timeline is very accurate.

In that case, that's awesome. I really appreciate that from this school! Do you also know if anyone gets an II after submitting the secondary later than 2 weeks? I was not able to make that deadline :(

In that case, that's awesome. I really appreciate that from this school! Do you also know if anyone gets an II after submitting the secondary later than 2 weeks? I was not able to make that deadline :(

I submitted my secondary wayyy after the 2-week deadline (didn't know that was a thing). Heard back within 3 weeks and got placed on the II waitlist.

OOS got waitlisted! Does the waitlist move at WVU? Should I remain optimistic?

Also regular decisions out. Got an email directing me to the portal.

Last edited:
Got waitlisted! Does the waitlist move at WVU? Should I remain optimistic?

+1 Date at the top of my decision letter was September 13

Got waitlisted! Does the waitlist move at WVU? Should I remain optimistic?

+1 Date at the top of my decision letter was September 13