2018-2019 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Lizzy M 71, waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted. OOS. Nothing too surprising here, but they had a lot of wl movements last year.

Ps: I didn't receive any email, just checked the portal

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school accept letter of interest from individuals on pre II waitlist?

Last edited:
Interviewed less than a week ago and got waitlisted today, OOS!

Can anyone comment on WVU waitlist movement from previous years?

I got an email this morning saying I was wait listed for an interview. Does that mean they are kinda "soft rejecting" me. Is there any hope for an interview anymore. I submitted my application very late due to some personal issues. Are they waiting for my LoR's and CASPer scores or are they done with interviews. Please help me! I'm an OOS student

I got an email this morning saying I was wait listed for an interview. Does that mean they are kinda "soft rejecting" me. Is there any hope for an interview anymore. I submitted my application very late due to some personal issues. Are they waiting for my LoR's and CASPer scores or are they done with interviews. Please help me! I'm an OOS student
I hope username isn’t your real name and that picture is not really you. Lastly you can read previous posts about people who got waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, I would create another username with a name that people wont be able to identify you with. But to answer your question, a few people have gotten the waitlist for the interview. This is common especially for OOS applicants, it doesn't mean you our of the running for a potential invite, they are probably prioritizing higher stats applicants and/or in-state applicants.

A lot of questions about waitlist movement.

I think there is some that picks up around April-May but really slows around June. A few years ago I knew a person who got off the waitlist in July, but that seems to be rare nowadays.

Reactions: 1 user
Been on the interview waitlist since July ugh

II last week and OOS I honestly wasn't expecting it bc I have no ties to WV

Reactions: 2 users
In that case, that's awesome. I really appreciate that from this school! Do you also know if anyone gets an II after submitting the secondary later than 2 weeks? I was not able to make that deadline :(
I definitely didn't make the deadline (I submitted October 5th) and got an II last week so I don't think it matters.

I definitely didn't make the deadline (I submitted October 5th) and got an II last week so I don't think it matters.

Thanks for sharing. When did you receive the secondary? And are you URM or have high stats?

Complete 7-21, OOS, LM 68, non-traditional (army vet). Was put on hold on 8-8. II today !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just now waitlisted, interviewed 10/27. OOS, so was expected. The turn around time of 4 days is impressive though.

Just got the R email. First one ever. Stings a bit.

Oh well, good luck folks!

Just received an R. It's the first one so it sucks but good luck everyone who is still in!

Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is?

I interviewed late January in 2013, MD/PhD. Did not hurt my chances.

Are you allowed to send in updates about new volunteer experiences and work before the interview?

Just got pulled off the interview waitlist an hour ago! The admissions office called me, thought it was initially a bogus number. My interview is scheduled on 12/14 in Morgantown.

Congrats on the interview!! Did you call when you got waitlisted and ask what priority group you were in? And if so, which group were you in?

Has anyone from the mid priority waitlist group received an interview invite as of late?

Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is?
I'm pretty sure from the one Reddit thread, it was close to 21% two years ago. At my interview yesterday they said they offered fewer interviews this year though, so it may be higher this year?

Congrats on the interview!! Did you call when you got waitlisted and ask what priority group you were in? And if so, which group were you in?
No, when I found out I got waitlisted pre-interview I didn't do anything. Just out of the blue, got a call and they gave me an interview.

Waitlisted post-II. Expected it because I'm OOS, but still disappointed since I have very strong ties.

For those who interviewed: how did you find it? Any advice is appreciated!

For those who interviewed: how did you find it? Any advice is appreciated!
My interview was pretty relaxed. You interview with 2 people who have looked over your file and they basically just ask you more in-depth questions about your application. It's really conversational and they really just want to get to know you to determine if you'd be a good fit for their school.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invite today!! OOS w/ LM ~ 70. Earliest date / only choice was Feb 21st.

Complete since July & endured months of silence but there is hope!!

"Country roads, take me home!"

Reactions: 2 users
My bro and I withdrew from our IIs today, good luck to everyone else! Hope someone gets a II soon!

Anyone from the mid-priority waitlist group get an II?

Anyone from the high and mid priority waitlist get an II?

Has anyone who has been accepted figured out how to pay the deposit online?