You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Buffalo
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bluerectangle
Full Member
they do not give out that information
Has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes about a week agoHas anyone gotten their financial aid package yet? 🤔
Is anyone else able to report being taken off the waitlist here? It seems odd that they haven't had much movement yet.
chiroks
Full Member
Ive seen one person get taken off but thats itIs anyone else able to report being taken off the waitlist here? It seems odd that they haven't had much movement yet.
achilles0619
Full Member
Congrats!!!Accepted off WL this morning! Dream come true!
Congratulations!! When did you interview?Accepted off WL this morning! Dream come true!
Interviewed in November. Been a long wait hahaCongratulations!! When did you interview?
Thefinalelectronacceptoor
Full Member
Hey does anyone know about UB possibly having been on probation recently? I heard from someone it was because they had low match rates but I can't find anything to confirm this...
Congrats!Accepted off WL this morning! Dream come true!
Thefinalelectronacceptoor
Full Member
Update: they are not on probation but supposedly hired an independent analyst to help make curriculum changes and advise students to apply to more appropriate residencies based on their CV’s. This was not mandated by the LCME but an effort by UB to improve its match rates. Take it for what you will I guessHey does anyone know about UB possibly having been on probation recently? I heard from someone it was because they had low match rates but I can't find anything to confirm this...
heisenberg1010
New Member
Have you received an email with instructions for making a deposit yet?Accepted off WL this morning! Dream come true!
Not yet. I was told I should get one by the end of the week and then I have a week to pay it.Have you received an email with instructions for making a deposit yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluerectangle
Full Member
Any waitlist news this week? I've been trying to keep hopes up, but l guess I should start working on my reapplication.
I was accepted off the waitlist this morning! LM 69, non-traditional student! I sent a letter of intent as well.
bluerectangle
Full Member
Nice, Congratulations!
Who did you send the letter of intent to? Rosso?I was accepted off the waitlist this morning! LM 69, non-traditional student! I sent a letter of intent as well.
I think SDN isn’t accurately representing how much waitlist movement there has been, but I believe that they’ve been accepting a handful of people everyday. It’s just more likely that these people aren’t active on SDN to report it.
Last edited:
Thefinalelectronacceptoor
Full Member
I can tell everyone that there are currently 88 students in the class groupme but I’m sure there are a bunch who just haven’t joined yet
happythoughtss
Full Member
Any more movement?
+1 Accepted from the WL this morning.
Congrats!+1 Accepted from the WL this morning.
Can I ask when you interviewed, and if you're OOS?
Congrats!
Can I ask when you interviewed, and if you're OOS?
Thank you.
Ask away. I interviewed in April and I'm in state.
Accepted off the waitlist!!! Interviewed in December, IS.
Hope good news comes to the rest of you waiting soon!
Hope good news comes to the rest of you waiting soon!
happythoughtss
Full Member
Anyone know what the class size is up to yet?
Has anyone gotten a scholarship offer from this school?
brainslicer
Full Member
Quick question, does anyone recall if UB uses USMLE questions for exams as part of their curriculum in preparation for boards? I read online that students felt as if the lectures weren't geared towards high yield material that Is expected to be on the boards and so students spend more time integrating this material into their studying.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jinglebells17
New Member
Anyone know what the class size is up to yet?
There are 104 members in the group chat.
I’m thinking there are maybe 110-120 people in the class so far. There are very few people leaving the chat per week (I’m assuming acceptances elsewhere).
I got a few DMs about when I interviewed/was accepted so I’ll post it here in case anyone else is wondering.
I think my application was completed sometime at the end of September or beginning of October. Average MCAT, average GPA. In state. A ton of unique and different experiences, 5+ years of healthcare experience, etc. I can speak more about my application if anyone wants.
I got the interview email mid-Feb. I interviewed 2/26 and received my acceptance email 2/28 at 2:08 PM.
This was maybe my 4th or 5th interview so I had plenty of experience and interviewed very well here.
For those that are waitlisted, all it takes is one yes.
I actually never expected I would get accepted anywhere, but I maintained hope and believed in myself.
Don’t be discouraged if you have to re-apply. In 20 years when we are all practicing physicians, one or five gap years won’t matter. You are not ahead or behind where you need to be, you are exactly where you need to be. I swear to you, if this is what you really want and continue to work hard, you will get to where you need to be.
I am rooting for you guys! If anyone needs someone to vent or talk to, feel free to DM me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Does anyone know offhand what resources Buffalo provides its incoming first year students (e.g. Uworld, free Ipads, and question banks)?
Does anyone know offhand what resources Buffalo provides its incoming first year students (e.g. Uworld, free Ipads, and question banks)?
you get access to USMLE Rx but you pay for it- it shows up on your billing statement. The professors often create practice tests with them to help integrate step style questions.
I feel like this is a common issue at most schools. but you get access to USMLE Rx for practice questions and First Aid. I think they are trying harder to integrate step material but its going to be rare that you find a school that teaches solely to step.Quick question, does anyone recall if UB uses USMLE questions for exams as part of their curriculum in preparation for boards? I read online that students felt as if the lectures weren't geared towards high yield material that Is expected to be on the boards and so students spend more time integrating this material into their studying.
Question, has anyone reached out to ask about feedback from their application from Mr. Rosso? I am currently waitlisted and am planning on reapplying if I don't get in off any of the waitlists I am on. Should I ask him for feedback before I submit my application for next cycle? Thanks!
bluerectangle
Full Member
I think it would be a healthy attitude to assume that. Let it be a happy surprise if you do get off the waitlist.
I was really hoping to get in off the waitlist, but it doesn't seem too likely at this point does it 
Hi all, I'm looking for a roommate and still apartment hunting, if anyone is interested please msg me. Thank you!
they do notdoes anyone know if this school gives their students ipads?
July 3Does anyone know the CTE deadline for admitted students?
MDtobe2024
Full Member
For those wondering about movement, I was accepted on 6/29 off the WL (ultimately declined) but there has been a little movement.
& for future applicants who are curious, I interviewed on 10/23 was put on the WL about a week later and ultimately accepted on 6/29. Just know that the wait can be LONG, but everything works out as it should!
& for future applicants who are curious, I interviewed on 10/23 was put on the WL about a week later and ultimately accepted on 6/29. Just know that the wait can be LONG, but everything works out as it should!
To also update: heard from someone on the committee that all 180 spots are full and finalized.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when they send out the close-of-cycle emails, or if they even do?
August 4Anyone know when they send out the close-of-cycle emails, or if they even do?
There were several students accepted from the virtual interviews, based on conversations with them.I’m wondering if anyone who did the Skype interview got accepted