You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Buffalo
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know if scholarships or need-based aid will be given? I got fin aid and its just the loan.
Best to contact Jennifer Rice directly - Financial Assistance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you interview?Just received my acceptance!
Prettybunny112
New Member
Anyone who was accepted, do you know what the cost of attendance will be for the 2020-2021 year?
I believe they estimate $65k for in-state, $90k for out of state. That’s what it said in the financial aid talkAnyone who was accepted, do you know what the cost of attendance will be for the 2020-2021 year?
Anyone who was accepted, do you know what the cost of attendance will be for the 2020-2021 year?
Here’s the in-state breakdown for 2020-2021
Last edited:
ehaley01
New Member
March 30th.Congrats! When did you interview?
I applied to 30 schools, interviewed at 3, WL at 2, and accepted to 1!
futuredoc2110
Full Member
received my waitlist status. This is the only MD school that gave me an interview.
I'm also WL at two DOs after applying there late in the cycle. Does anyone have advice for me with 3 WL and uncertainty in the next few months? I assume I should really start ramping up the gathering of my materials again for the next application?
I'm also WL at two DOs after applying there late in the cycle. Does anyone have advice for me with 3 WL and uncertainty in the next few months? I assume I should really start ramping up the gathering of my materials again for the next application?
Can you link the page? I haven’t been able to find itAlso there’s a class of 2024 page on Facebook now !
bluerectangle
Full Member
samw here, just recieved the wlreceived my waitlist status. This is the only MD school that gave me an interview.
I'm also WL at two DOs after applying there late in the cycle. Does anyone have advice for me with 3 WL and uncertainty in the next few months? I assume I should really start ramping up the gathering of my materials again for the next application?
jinglebells17
New Member
Search JSMBS Class of 2024
+1samw here, just recieved the wl
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone come off the waitlist recently?
futureDOcter25
New Member
Also waitlisted today.
I recall reading posts that said they have good movement. Also, it's a ranked WL, so your score should be irrelevant to when you interviewed/ got a decision.
Ethiadene977
Full Member
received my waitlist status. This is the only MD school that gave me an interview.
I'm also WL at two DOs after applying there late in the cycle. Does anyone have advice for me with 3 WL and uncertainty in the next few months? I assume I should really start ramping up the gathering of my materials again for the next application?
I'd suggest you start re-applying; better safe than sorry
I got waitlisted today as well.
achilles0619
Full Member
Does anyone know how to withdraw your application here? Do you just email admissions?
that should workDoes anyone know how to withdraw your application here? Do you just email admissions?
premed1080
New Member
Is downtown buffalo a popular spot for students to live?
Mine does notAlso waitlisted. Does the check application status page still work for you guys after entering in your amcas id?
Yeah, mine doesn't work either. Wasn't sure if this was the case for other peopleMine does not
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"We do not divulge that information to any candidate".
I emailed in April.
I emailed in April.
chickentendies
New Member
Hi guys I have never posted in here but I interviewed in early Feb. and was waitlisted at the end of Feb. This morning I was accepted off the waitlist and am declaring. Hope this helps for all those wondering about movement.
Congrats!Hi guys I have never posted in here but I interviewed in early Feb. and was waitlisted at the end of Feb. This morning I was accepted off the waitlist and am declaring. Hope this helps for all those wondering about movement.
Did you send in any communication prior to your A?
jinglebells17
New Member
I’m an accepted student. I’m kind of judging the movement via the Facebook group for the class of 2024.
It’s at 199 right now but a lot of M2s are in the group as well.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s at 199 right now but a lot of M2s are in the group as well.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m an accepted student. I’m kind of judging the movement via the Facebook group for the class of 2024.
It’s at 199 right now but a lot of M2s are in the group as well.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also says "+59 members in the last week"
🙁
There’s also a lot of people still in the group who have committed elsewhere already too still, so I’m not sure if relying on the group is the best way to guess waitlist movement. There’s also a lot of current m1s and m2s added.Also says "+59 members in the last week"
🙁
jinglebells17
New Member
There’s also a lot of people in the group who have committed elsewhere already too still, speaking on behalf of some friends lol
Yeah that’s true too. It would be nice if people who aren’t committed to this school would leave the group so we’d have a better sense of how many seats are left.
Fingers crossed for all of you waiting [emoji3590].
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
59 people added in the last week.
To the waitlist?59 people added in the last week.
Facebook accepted student group.To the waitlist?
Oof. How big is the class size, does anybody know?Facebook accepted student group.
180Oof. How big is the class size, does anybody know?
But as mentioned a few posts above, there are m2s and people pte'd elsewhere in that number.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’re right. I will say that’s it’s unlikely m2s were added last week so at least 59 new As last week, right?But as mentioned a few posts above, there are m2s and people pte'd elsewhere in that number.
Actually I think a lot of the M2s were added last week, some of my friends are in there that weren’t before. Just my insight!You’re right. I will say that’s it’s unlikely m2s were added last week so at least 59 new As last week, right?
A lot of the people added to the fb group last week are current M1 & M2s.You’re right. I will say that’s it’s unlikely m2s were added last week so at least 59 new As last week, right?
bluerectangle
Full Member
There are currently 345 people on the class of 2023 Facebook Page, so I don't think the number really means much in terms of acceptances.
happythoughtss
Full Member
I know a lot of people heard back from late interviews this week, but really hoping for movement on the waitlist. For anyone who has been accepted from the waitlist, did you get an email/phone call?