2019-2020 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats, that’s awesome!! :) Were you notified by email or phone call?

I was notified by email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Still no update over here.

Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/27/19

Secondary Completed: 9/17/19 (late due to personal emergency)

Interview Invite: 9/27/19

Interview Date: 12/9/19 (waited until I moved back to NC due to financial reasons and was told it may act as a waitlist interview)

Waitlisted: 1/22/20

Notification of "Top High Tier" Waitlist Status: 5/5/20

Goodluck all!

Still no update over here.
I was also notified of "top high tier" waitlist status on 05/05 and I sent an email last week notifying them that I was interested in remaining on the waitlist. They replied and said they anticipate waitlist movement "in the next 3 weeks". So hopefully we start to hear some good news soon! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also notified of "top high tier" waitlist status on 05/05 and I sent an email last week notifying them that I was interested in remaining on the waitlist. They replied and said they anticipate waitlist movement "in the next 3 weeks". So hopefully we start to hear some good news soon! :)
That gives me hope! thanks for sharing also notified of top high tier. Have you been planning on retaking MCAT or anything of the sort yet?

That gives me hope! thanks for sharing also notified of top high tier. Have you been planning on retaking MCAT or anything of the sort yet?
I was accepted to ACOM so I’ll be going there if not accepted to Campbell! :)

I was accepted to ACOM so I’ll be going there if not accepted to Campbell! :)
I've noticed something between CUSOM and ACOM... they seem to have a lot of the same acceptancees (if that's a word). I wonder if they tend to attract a particular type of student. I've talked to about 5+ other students making the same exact decision between CUSOM and ACOM. Very interesting!

I've noticed something between CUSOM and ACOM... they seem to have a lot of the same acceptancees (if that's a word). I wonder if they tend to attract a particular type of student. I've talked to about 5+ other students making the same exact decision between CUSOM and ACOM. Very interesting!
That is interesting, I wasn't aware of that! I'm originally from FL so I mostly applied in the Southeast! I personally prefer CUSOM because I liked the area a bit more and their board scores were slightly better :)

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a number in their tier update? For example “you are in the TOP 20 TIER”

Does anyone know if there has been any waitlist movement recently?

Is it possible that they are on vacation currently? My fiancé is a professor and faculty member at another institution and he often says that faculty goes on vacation usually the minute that classes let out.

Members don't see this ad :)
We just had our virtual accepted students day yesterday. That could be the reason why things are slow :)

We just had our virtual accepted students day yesterday. That could be the reason why things are slow :)
How was the online AS day? Do you feel you had any good opportunities to meet your future classmates?

How was the online AS day? Do you feel you had any good opportunities to meet your future classmates?
This of course is just my person opinion/experience... but it wasn't great as I hoped. The majority was students listening about info from faculty, most of which we already knew or those who didn't could have found out about it on their website or a google search. We did have a part where we broke out into virtual groups with current CUSOM students, but unfortunately mine had some technical difficulties and we didn't end up talking with a student (this is probably why I didn't find it great lol) which is where I would have had asked the most questions. They did have a Q&A with some students that joined the faculty though so that was nice and I learned a few things cool from them! I was also really really looking forward to going to the school in person again and of course nothing was going to live up to that. I'm just looking forward to school just beginning and then beginning able to *hopefully* meet everyone (dean didn't say if we were going to be all in-class, online, or a hybrid of the two yet).

Just got my acceptance email so the waitlist must be moving! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my acceptance email so the waitlist must be moving! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations, that’s awesome to hear!! If you don’t mind sharing, what was your interview date and waitlist ranking?

Reactions: 1 users
I would assume? In the email I received it said “Top 20 Tier.”
Are you sure? In an email I received, they said, and I quote “Remember, we will not be releasing the number of candidates on the wait list, or the number of candidates within each tier or your rank within the tier. The designation you received is your final ranking, it will not change. Being selected for the wait list is an achievement. Please be patient, our wait list is moving.”

A designation of “top 20” is directly contradictory to their assertion that they will not release the number of candidates within a tier.

Are you sure? In an email I received, they said, and I quote “Remember, we will not be releasing the number of candidates on the wait list, or the number of candidates within each tier or your rank within the tier. The designation you received is your final ranking, it will not change. Being selected for the wait list is an achievement. Please be patient, our wait list is moving.”

A designation of “top 20” is directly contradictory to their assertion that they will not release the number of candidates within a tier.
I meant I assume it’s the same, my apologies. I mistyped. I am positive that is what my email said, and I just re-read it to make sure. I’m not sure why mine was different than others.

I meant I assume it’s the same, my apologies. I mistyped. I am positive that is what my email said, and I just re-read it to make sure. I’m not sure why mine was different than others.
Veryyyyy interestinggg... I might go ahead and pull the plug on this waiting game. Sitting on CUSOM’s waitlist is like having an itch I can’t scratch, lol. Especially, if there is a “top 20” within the top tier itself. I’ve already committed elsewhere, but I was hoping to see what the final decision was for closure.

Congratulations to you & to everyone else who is accepted!

Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/27/19

Secondary Completed: 9/17/19 (late due to personal emergency)

Interview Invite: 9/27/19

Interview Date: 12/9/19 (waited until I moved back to NC due to financial reasons and was told it may act as a waitlist interview)

Waitlisted: 1/22/20

Notification of "Top High Tier" Waitlist Status: 5/5/20

Application Withdrawal: 6/2/20

Was accepted into top my choice, but hoped to see if I would come off of the waitlist. Waiting was driving me crazy, so I finally withdrew my application. Goodluck all!

Best of luck to you. I am stuck on the waitlist as this IS my top choice.
Has anyone perhaps heard of someone who was accepted off of “Top High Tier” last year?

Best of luck to you. I am stuck on the waitlist as this IS my top choice.
Has anyone perhaps heard of someone who was accepted off of “Top High Tier” last year?

The answer to that question is probably yes! Current students have said that many of their classmates came off of the waitlist during April/May. I imagine these people would have had to come off the top tier list, however, with the introduction of a potential “Top 20” lost, I can’t be completely sure (just a disclaimer). I’m also not sure how much movement the past classes saw around June. The administration did mention that this is an abnormally slow year for them, but I wouldn’t give up! It’s not over until orientation begins - there are so many potential moving parts!

Best of luck to you!

I just received my acceptance for Campbell class of 2024! My first choice! :D

I'm very glad to be a part of the CUSOM family. Does anyone have any information on the class schedule at the moment?

• Love

I'm very glad to be a part of the CUSOM family. Does anyone have any information on the class schedule at the moment?

I don't believe we have received that yet. Though we also don't even know if we'll be online or not yet anyway lol

I don't believe we have received that yet. Though we also don't even know if we'll be online or not yet anyway lol
Ah, that's okay. I'm just hoping to be able to finish up stuff in my current state/grad institution without having to rush to NC since I think I have some finals around the July orientation date. (But ofc I'll work with CUSOM and my current grad institution with that)

Ah, that's okay. I'm just hoping to be able to finish up stuff in my current state/grad institution without having to rush to NC since I think I have some finals around the July orientation date. (But ofc I'll work with CUSOM and my current grad institution with that)
We have the basic class schedule and outline. July 29 is supposed to be orientation.

If you go to this Link on the Campbell website it will have a class list for each block! Hopefully, we'll find out more specifics soon :)

Congratulations! That's so exciting! Did you do anything in particular like send a letter of interest/intent or call admissions recently that you think helped you get off the waitlist? Campbell is also my top choice and I sent a letter of interest back in April, so I'm not sure if there is anything else I could do at this point to help me get accepted. Thanks!

Congrats this is so awesome!! Fingers crossed I hear something soon!

Congratulations! That's so exciting! Did you do anything in particular like send a letter of interest/intent or call admissions recently that you think helped you get off the waitlist? Campbell is also my top choice and I sent a letter of interest back in April, so I'm not sure if there is anything else I could do at this point to help me get accepted. Thanks!
Thank you! I sent an update letter back in April and I sent one last month because I have been doing well in my graduate course and I recently joined a group for contact tracing, in addition to a few other activities. I would recommend to find ways of getting involved with contact tracing or tutoring through Zoom/from home and send an update letter if you have any other things you've been doing. Best of luck to you!!!! Hope to see you there.

I was just accepted to one of my state schools in TX, so a seat will be opening up. Best of luck to you all.

Does anyone have the current CUSOM residency placements? I know it’s somewhere on this thread but I don’t remember where.
also they’re updating the residency placement part of the website so I can’t see it

I was bored haha so I compiled the 2020 match list from 4th years self-reporting on a google doc plus some extra info I gathered from CUSOM's match day Facebook post. I don't have every single match but this should give you all a general idea of which programs CUSOM students tend to match to.

Anesthesiology (4)
Rush University
Indiana University
University of Florida - Jacksonville

Child Neurology (1)
Emory

Dermatology (3)
HCA/Lewis Gale Hospital Montgomery/VCOM
Sampson RMC/Campbell

Emergency Medicine (12)
HCA/USF - Oak Hill
Norman Regional (OSU - Norman)
Southeastern Regional
Lehigh Valley Health Network
Henry Ford
Riverside Regional
Medical College of Georgia
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center
University at Buffalo
UT Houston
Conemaugh Memorial

ENT (1)

Family Medicine (16)

Emory
Riverside Regional
MAHEC Hendersonville
Atrium
University of Washington
McLeod
Novant Health
Tidelands Health
ETSU
Virginia Commonwealth University
Cone Health - Greensboro

Internal Medicine (19)
University of South Carolina/Prisma Health
Carolinas Medical Center
Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech
East Carolina University
Kettering Health
Georgetown
Walter Reed
University at Buffalo

Med/Peds (1)
West Virginia University

Neurology (2)

Neurosurgery (1)

Baylor Scott & White/Texas A&M

OMM (1)

Orthopedic Surgery (2)

Valley Consortium

Pathology (4)
UNC

Pediatrics (11)
Charleston Area Medical Center
Akron Children’s
East Carolina University
CHOG
A.I. duPont
Medical College of Wisconsin
University of Tennessee

PM&R (2)

Psychiatry (7)
Walter Reed
UNC
Mayo Clinic

Radiology (3)
University of Missouri - Columbia

Radiation-Oncology (1)
Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State

Surgery (8)
Penn State
FAU - Schmidt
Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State

Transitional Year/Preliminary Year (8)
Indiana University

Urology (2)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey, does anyone know if Campbell is affiliated with a teaching hospital? I can’t find any info on the website

Hello, if anyone is looking for a place to live near campus, I am looking for a third roommate for a three bed room 3.5 bathroom house 5 minutes from campus!! Please PM me for more info!!

Interview: 12/2019
Waitlisted: 1/2020
Notification of "Top High Tier" Waitlist Status: 5/5/2020

Really loved this school as the application cycle went on, so just putting this out there in case anyone else is playing the waiting game. Fingers crossed there's some more waitlist movement soon!

Interview: 12/2019
Waitlisted: 1/2020
Notification of "Top High Tier" Waitlist Status: 5/5/2020

Really loved this school as the application cycle went on, so just putting this out there in case anyone else is playing the waiting game. Fingers crossed there's some more waitlist movement soon!

I also had notification of Top High Tier in May and I am still waiting. I have taken great liking of the school during my on campus interview. I hope we all hear great news soon.

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the waitlist recently?