You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Cincinnati
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Complete date?II this afternoon! The "assigned" interview date is interesting, but I'm IS, so I don't have to fly. I just need to figure it out with work.
Edit - It was in my Gmail spam folder, so you might want to check yours too.
D
deleted987519
ii just now, OOS, compete mid July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nice. how many days notice did you get/?ii just now, OOS, compete mid July
D
deleted987519
nice. how many days notice did you get/?
Interview 11/8 so, 3 weeks
D
deleted987519
Do they have student host option?
If so, just email admissions or?
If so, just email admissions or?
383517
Full Member
Not sure about the student host option, I stayed with family. Good luck at your interview though!! You're going to love it.Do they have student host option?
If so, just email admissions or?
D
deleted987519
Not sure about the student host option, I stayed with family. Good luck at your interview though!! You're going to love it.
Y'all mind if I stay with your family real quick?
D
deleted976595
Do they have student host option?
If so, just email admissions or?
They have student hosts. If you email admissions they’ll set it up for you.
D
deleted987519
They have student hosts. If you email admissions they’ll set it up for you.

II! OOS, LM 70. Still in shock! Complete 8/9
II - OOS - Withdrawn. Good luck everyone!
HmmmmmmmmmmmII! OOS, LM 70. Still in shock! Complete 8/9
Has anyone not heard back from the school yet?
OOS submitted 7/20 and silenceHas anyone not heard back from the school yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 since 6/30OOS submitted 7/20 and silence
+2 IS+1 since 6/30
D
deleted971841
TFW you’re leaving the country for two weeks in 10 days and you start hoping your top choice doesn’t send you II...
Wait, did they?TFW you’re leaving the country for two weeks in 10 days and you start hoping your top choice doesn’t send you II...
D
deleted971841
No, they haven’t, but seeing everyone else get them on such short notice has me hoping senpai holds off on noticing me until I’m safely back on US soil.Wait, did they?
XD Enjoy your trip. They got me on a brief vacation so that seems to be their form.No, they haven’t, but seeing everyone else get them on such short notice has me hoping senpai holds off on noticing me until I’m safely back on US soil.
D
deleted987519
Silly question (maybe)...is the faculty member at each MMI station blind to our application?
Silly question (maybe)...is the faculty member at each MMI station blind to our application?
Yea they know nothing about you but your name
Right before I cleared my spam I decided to look through it. Found an II sent yesterday lol. I'll be declining it. Good luck everyone!
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats?Right before I cleared my spam I decided to look through it. Found an II sent yesterday lol. I'll be declining it. Good luck everyone!
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Complete July 10th. OOS URM. GPA 3.63 MCAT 511Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats?
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They provide scratch paper to write down thoughts during the MMI prompt reading time?
No. They don't allow any note taking. (the lady said something about wanting your answers to be candid and not rehearsed from reading notes)
D
deleted987519
No. They don't allow any note taking. (the lady said something about wanting your answers to be candid and not rehearsed from reading notes)
Well you can tell her that I said
*checks notes*
That is not fair!
II today OOS
non-trad URM
Nov 5th only available date
non-trad URM
Nov 5th only available date
I got tier 2 alternate list, interviewed on 10/2. Does anyone remember what they said about how good my chances are on getting accepted from this tier?
I'm on tier 2 as well! She said the number they accept off the alternate list varies every year but tier 2 will get any of them first
constantlyconfusedpremed
Full Member
Interviewed 10/4 and accepted!!
I'm on tier 2 as well! She said the number they accept off the alternate list varies every year but tier 2 will get any of them first
Gotcha, do you happen to remember how much they said it varies?
And I guess it's good that we at least got tier 2, it could've been worse, but still, it's not an acceptance.....yet (hopefully)
Gotcha, do you happen to remember how much they said it varies?
And I guess it's good that we at least got tier 2, it could've been worse, but still, it's not an acceptance.....yet (hopefully)
I know she said last year they didn't end up accepting any from the alternate list, but also that that was really weird for them. Don't quote me on this but I think I remember her saying a normal year is like 20 people? Something like that.
I'd rather be on the alternate list than anywhere else if not an A, but this waiting and apprehension is killing me. I totally loved the school, so here's to holding out hope!
I know she said last year they didn't end up accepting any from the alternate list, but also that that was really weird for them. Don't quote me on this but I think I remember her saying a normal year is like 20 people? Something like that.
I'd rather be on the alternate list than anywhere else if not an A, but this waiting and apprehension is killing me. I totally loved the school, so here's to holding out hope!
Honestly, the zero waitlist --> acceptance last year was kinda what I remembered as well, but I guess I unconsciously chose to not believe it. But 20 people sounds like a decent number. If MSAR is correct, then 60-110 are put into the waitlist every year. Divide that up by three we get 20-37 per waitlist (given that each waitlist has a similar number of people). Tier 2 waitlist means first pick, so I guess if we just keep up our ECs and update them, we should have a good chance.
I also just talked with someone who knows UC's admission process very well and they confirmed that last year was an anomaly.
But yeah I just want out of this waiting game also 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date and stats?II today OOS
non-trad URM
Nov 5th only available date
Honestly, the zero waitlist --> acceptance last year was kinda what I remembered as well, but I guess I unconsciously chose to not believe it. But 20 people sounds like a decent number. If MSAR is correct, then 60-110 are put into the waitlist every year. Divide that up by three we get 20-37 per waitlist (given that each waitlist has a similar number of people). Tier 2 waitlist means first pick, so I guess if we just keep up our ECs and update them, we should have a good chance.
I also just talked with someone who knows UC's admission process very well and they confirmed that last year was an anomaly.
But yeah I just want out of this waiting game also 🙁
Interviewed today - the waitlist is not evenly divided
Waitlist acceptances from previous years were: 20 (2017), 12 or 14 (2018), 0 (2019)
It will probably be back up to the 2018 range since the new enrollment protocols are probably better understood by now, but the odds are still not great since 100+ people are waitlisted
Interviewed today - the waitlist is not evenly divided
Waitlist acceptances from previous years were: 20 (2017), 12 or 14 (2018), 0 (2019)
It will probably be back up to the 2018 range since the new enrollment protocols are probably better understood by now, but the odds are still not great since 100+ people are waitlisted
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I also talked to adcoms and they said that tier 2 is the smallest, while tier 3 is the largest. But they wouldn't give me an estimate or a range of how small tier 2 actually is. Also last year was when they implemented the CYMS system so that was the cause of confusion and ultimately no waitlist acceptances.
Hope you'll hear good news in a month!