2019-2020 Cincinnati

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the group that interviewed on October 30 but have not received any decision. Does anyone have any idea whether we might hear tomorrow or whether we will be waiting another two weeks? They did say that we would hear within one month, but I am wondering. Have we been deferred for some reason?
 
I interviewed on 10/30 and am pretty disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope they get back to us tomorrow. I clearly remember the person telling my group within one month, not 4-5 weeks. I just dont get why they would say within a month when they really mean up to 35 days? Like how do they not anticipate that people will be worried if takes longer than 31 days?
 
I interviewed on 10/30 and am pretty disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope they get back to us tomorrow. I clearly remember the person telling my group within one month, not 4-5 weeks. I just dont get why they would say within a month when they really mean up to 35 days? Like how do they not anticipate that people will be worried if takes longer than 31 days?

Hey I'm in the same boat, but in my group she told us 4-6 weeks so idk what's up. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If theres some in the morning and some in the afternoon that haven't heard I'm assuming they just didn't have enough time on monday and needed today to finish. It would be really unusual to give decisions to parts of multiple groups weeks apart.
 
For what it is worth, I tally from the postings 3 acceptances from the last week of October and one rejection. There are at least four of us in the "no decision group", perhaps more. Here is hoping we hear tomorrow.
at my interview they told us they only do acceptance phone calls on tuesdays, think that affects things?
 
at my interview they told us they only do acceptance phone calls on tuesdays, think that affects things?
At this point I think we will drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out what is going on. I can only assume that the admissions committee understands that it is not ideal to announce some decisions for an interview date while another group of applicants is left without a decision. There must be some reason they created this less than ideal situation but there is no way for us to know it.

At this point my coping strategy is to assume I have been rejected, deal with the disappointment and move on, leaving open that I might be pleasantly surprised at some future date. The other option is to drive myself crazy.
 
Hey, would any current med student or anyone who knows the area well be willing to share some information on housing here? Any information would be great, but I'm specifically interested in what neighborhoods most medical students live in, and any information on specific apartments to look for (and to avoid). Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also 11/8 here....It is possible that last week was just off cause of the holidays and they will catch up this week....(I know I'll be staring at my phone all day tomorrow and Wednesday )
 
I interviewed on 10/30 and still haven't heard back yet. I would not keep your hopes up for hearing back tomorrow. The committee seems to meet every other week. I would expect to hear back the next Tuesday. I really thought I would hear back last Tuesday and was really disappointed. I don't want to go through another emotional roller coaster so I am not expecting at all to hear anything tomorrow.
 
Withdrawing my application today prior to the scheduled interview. Not really too chatty on this site, but I wanted to say please be considerate of your other applicants. If you genuinely feel that you're not interested in attending, help others out. Someone could really use your interview. The same courtesy extends to WL positions. Though, I apologize for the lateness of mine; It is only 2 weeks prior to the scheduled date.

Best

Complete - 8/5/19
Interview Invite - 10/18/19
Withdrawal -12/2/19