2019-2020 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from the 10/30 interview hear anything yet?

No not yet. My guess is that we will hear back next tuesday or wednesday because people that interviewed on 10/22 and 10/25 heard last Wednesday. I heard that the committee meets every other week so it would make sense to hear something next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
No not yet. My guess is that we will hear back next tuesday or wednesday because people that interviewed on 10/22 and 10/25 heard last Wednesday. I heard that the committee meets every other week so it would make sense to hear something next week.
So it's gonna be a really emotional Thanksgiving

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
So it's gonna be a really emotional Thanksgiving

I’m kinda nervous they’ll push back the next meeting since it’s the week of thanksgiving, and we won’t hear till Dec.... then it’ll just be a stressed and anxious thanksgiving

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m kinda nervous they’ll push back the next meeting since it’s the week of thanksgiving, and we won’t hear till Dec.... then it’ll just be a stressed and anxious thanksgiving
I doubt they would push it past thanksgiving because they said we would hear back in less than a month and the next week would be past one month.

Anyone else on pins and needles hoping for a phone call today or tomorrow? Interviewed last week of October :nailbiting:

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted!! Got a call earlier today. Interviewed on 10/29

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know if they normally leave a message if you miss their call?

Anyone know if they normally leave a message if you miss their call?
They didn't leave a voicemail for me. I saw the missed call and checked the portal instead to see my acceptance. It sounds like it depends on which student calls you.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call, accepted!!!!! Interviewed 10/30! :banana:

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the email to check my portal - Rejected :( Congrats to everyone with an A today! Wishing you all the best of luck with the rest of the cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today! OOS ORM - LM 70 w/ DIY Post Bacc

Interviewed 10/30, submitted secondary 7/26

Good luck to everyone interviewing or waiting to hearing back!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Mine was complete on 8/9/19 - anyone else not heard anything that completed around that date?

Interviewed 10/30, no update yet... should I be worried?

It looks like some people have been notified of rejections, so no news doesn't necessarily mean anything?
Do you think they respond to people slowly throughout the day? I checked the portal, and there is nothing indicating any decision at all, weirdly.

Do you think they respond to people slowly throughout the day? I checked the portal, and there is nothing indicating any decision at all, weirdly.
Yes they do respond throughout the day. Looking at previous posts it looks like they send rejects early in the day so no news is good news.

Are there any current students who could shine some light on how good scholarships are here?

Any 11/5 interviewees receive a decision yet?
no, not all interveiwees from 10/30 heard back yet so i’m guessing we’ll be next tuesday or the following tuesday. they did say 4-5 weeks at the interview so that would be pretty accurate

I am in the group that interviewed on October 30 but have not received any decision. Does anyone have any idea whether we might hear tomorrow or whether we will be waiting another two weeks? They did say that we would hear within one month, but I am wondering. Have we been deferred for some reason?

I interviewed on 10/30 and am pretty disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope they get back to us tomorrow. I clearly remember the person telling my group within one month, not 4-5 weeks. I just dont get why they would say within a month when they really mean up to 35 days? Like how do they not anticipate that people will be worried if takes longer than 31 days?

Possibly the committee couldn't finish making decisions on Monday so they needed today to finish?

I interviewed on 10/30 and am pretty disappointed that I haven't heard anything yet. I really hope they get back to us tomorrow. I clearly remember the person telling my group within one month, not 4-5 weeks. I just dont get why they would say within a month when they really mean up to 35 days? Like how do they not anticipate that people will be worried if takes longer than 31 days?

Hey I'm in the same boat, but in my group she told us 4-6 weeks so idk what's up. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow though!

I am wondering if the people who haven't heard are from the afternoon group? I was afternoon. I also heard that decisions would be made within a month.
morning group. Heard nothing. Assuming I’ll hear tomorrow but I guess I don’t make that choice haha

If theres some in the morning and some in the afternoon that haven't heard I'm assuming they just didn't have enough time on monday and needed today to finish. It would be really unusual to give decisions to parts of multiple groups weeks apart.

For what it is worth, I tally from the postings 3 acceptances from the last week of October and one rejection. There are at least four of us in the "no decision group", perhaps more. Here is hoping we hear tomorrow.

For what it is worth, I tally from the postings 3 acceptances from the last week of October and one rejection. There are at least four of us in the "no decision group", perhaps more. Here is hoping we hear tomorrow.
at my interview they told us they only do acceptance phone calls on tuesdays, think that affects things?

at my interview they told us they only do acceptance phone calls on tuesdays, think that affects things?
At this point I think we will drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out what is going on. I can only assume that the admissions committee understands that it is not ideal to announce some decisions for an interview date while another group of applicants is left without a decision. There must be some reason they created this less than ideal situation but there is no way for us to know it.

At this point my coping strategy is to assume I have been rejected, deal with the disappointment and move on, leaving open that I might be pleasantly surprised at some future date. The other option is to drive myself crazy.

There were acceptances two weeks ago on Wednesday. There's a million possibilities, even as minor as they handed the call to a med student who was on a flight home yesterday. Playing guessing games is silly, you don't control this, enjoy your holiday if you celebrate.

Reactions: 4 users
Was surprised with an II a couple of days ago, complete early august

Reactions: 8 users
Hey, would any current med student or anyone who knows the area well be willing to share some information on housing here? Any information would be great, but I'm specifically interested in what neighborhoods most medical students live in, and any information on specific apartments to look for (and to avoid). Thanks!

For the rest of the 10/30 interview folks who hadn’t heard back last Tuesday... did you finally get a decision?

Also 11/8 here....It is possible that last week was just off cause of the holidays and they will catch up this week....(I know I'll be staring at my phone all day tomorrow and Wednesday )

I interviewed on 10/30 and still haven't heard back yet. I would not keep your hopes up for hearing back tomorrow. The committee seems to meet every other week. I would expect to hear back the next Tuesday. I really thought I would hear back last Tuesday and was really disappointed. I don't want to go through another emotional roller coaster so I am not expecting at all to hear anything tomorrow.

Well, that /is/ the smart thing to do, but unfortunately my anxiety keeps me on my toes 24/7

Withdrawing my application today prior to the scheduled interview. Not really too chatty on this site, but I wanted to say please be considerate of your other applicants. If you genuinely feel that you're not interested in attending, help others out. Someone could really use your interview. The same courtesy extends to WL positions. Though, I apologize for the lateness of mine; It is only 2 weeks prior to the scheduled date.

Best

Complete - 8/5/19
Interview Invite - 10/18/19
Withdrawal -12/2/19

Reactions: 5 users