2019-2020 Cincinnati

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing this week but I was a little surprised about getting my interview invitation on very little notice. It wasn't until today I checked my spam and saw they had emailed me a week earlier than I thought, oooops. I know many people are compulsively checking spam but some people like me may just be super busy with work and life, so check spam!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any IS late-august applicants heard anything back yet?
I'm IS been complete since mid July. Haven't heard anything. Though I do have a question.
Everything on my portal is gray except for the payment and where it says the status (those two boxes are white). Is it the same for you?
 
I'm IS been complete since mid July. Haven't heard anything. Though I do have a question.
Everything on my portal is gray except for the payment and where it says the status (those two boxes are white). Is it the same for you?
I have green check marks in all 4 boxes but my payment and secondary boxes are grey (other 2 are white). Not sure if this is what you mean. I have also not heard anything and my app was complete 8/9/2019.
 
I have green check marks in all 4 boxes but my payment and secondary boxes are grey (other 2 are white). Not sure if this is what you mean. I have also not heard anything and my app was complete 8/9/2019.
Oh weird no; my letters of rec, secondary received, and communication box are the gray ones. I'm wondering if that means my payment didn't go through.
 
Last edited:
Is it looked down upon to call admissions? I know there are many others in my boat (complete July 15 with radio silence since then), and I was just wondering if calling would yield any helpful information or potentially hurt me. Thanks!
 
I have all boxes checked and my letters/secondary received boxes are gray. I assumed the alternating pattern was just for better readability of the table
I mean that's a good possibility. It's just odd that some people have different gray boxes.
 
When I interviewed they told us they were meeting on the 28th, and it seems like some people heard back the 29th, so could be every other week on Mondays (just a guess)

Interesting, they definitely told us they meet every other week. So I guess we should see the next round of acceptances on Nov 11-12 or so?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who interviewed here - did you send a thank you letter? Was it addressed to just the general Cincinnati admissions committee?

n=1 but I didn’t and was accepted. They did say they like communication though so I doubt it would hurt. I’d just address it to the admissions office/staff/committee any of those would be fine.
 
For anyone who interviewed here - did you send a thank you letter? Was it addressed to just the general Cincinnati admissions committee?

Sent one addressed to “Cincinnati Admissions Team.” Was about half a page. Name dropped a couple of students and faculty that I talked to that stood out in my mind. (Was accepted)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email saying the reached a decision but I didn't even get a II Lol, probably a fat R
 
I also have the mcat registration thing added under my "select process to begin" tab, and I was accepted a couple weeks ago. Doesn't seem like this button becoming available has anything to do with application status
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I'm a little late to the game, but the MCAT course registration has nothing to do with our medical school applications. They run a course every year for undergrads (I went to UC so I took the MCAT course last year). They just have both the MCAT and medical school applications on the same portal, which is probably why it's showing up on our end.
 
I know I'm a little late to the game, but the MCAT course registration has nothing to do with our medical school applications. They run a course every year for undergrads (I went to UC so I took the MCAT course last year). They just have both the MCAT and medical school applications on the same portal, which is probably why it's showing up on our end.
Thanks for letting us know. Just out of curiosity, Was the course helpful?