You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Cincinnati
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
excitingelectron
Full Member
II today! Complete 7/14.
lol they gave me one date, one time slot, and less than two weeks notice (I’m OOS, no OH connection)
lol they gave me one date, one time slot, and less than two weeks notice (I’m OOS, no OH connection)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Complete date.II yesterday, OOS, LM 73 ish or something like that
383517
Full Member
I cant find the email but I submitted it the day after I got itCongrats! Complete date.
malmed1025
Full Member
Is there no way to view your submitted application?
9
907914
Same here earlier this week. Apparently school started...so I went 16 over in a school zone...normally speed limit is 35, but 20 during school....let me off with a warning...Almost got a speeding ticket today! Let off with a warning
So just to be clear, I got a speeding ticket. No points - just a fine. 5 over. Was I supposed to report that/should I send an update with this information?
Aye congratulations!! Any state ties?II this morning! OOS, complete 7/12, and I sent them an ITA last week 🙂
thank you! and nope no state tiesAye congratulations!! Any state ties?
Aye congratulations!!!! When were you complete? IS or OOS?II! Guess this is my next wave![]()
OOS. Early July iircAye congratulations!!!! When were you complete? IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang congrats!!! Stats??II today! complete 7/27, OOS, ties to OH
Huxleysmom
Full Member
Thoughts on sending an update to application? Should this be something substantial? I shadowed an anesthesiologist for two days and a medical examiner and got to see several autopsies performed. I don’t have anything significant really but thought I could upload an update and send an ITA just to maybe get the ball rolling again?
NomadMedic
Full Member
I have sent updates to my schools in a somewhat piecemeal fashion. I sent in my summer transcript after my grade posted, and I submitted another academic update letter after rearranging my course schedule for this fall, which is now different from what I originally input to AMCAS. This is just my style - I like to be transparent as I go; but I also feel that providing relevant, well-articulated updates cannot hurt.Thoughts on sending an update to application? Should this be something substantial? I shadowed an anesthesiologist for two days and a medical examiner and got to see several autopsies performed. I don’t have anything significant really but thought I could upload an update and send an ITA just to maybe get the ball rolling again?
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
I have sent updates to my schools in a somewhat piecemeal fashion. I sent in my summer transcript after my grade posted, and I submitted another academic update letter after rearranging my course schedule for this fall, which is now different from what I originally input to AMCAS. This is just my style - I like to be transparent as I go; but I also feel that providing relevant, well-articulated updates cannot hurt.
I agree with this and did similar updates, sending little emails whenever something major changed or happened that I thought Admissions should be aware of. However most schools I did this for just replied everytime saying "Thank you" and that they dont take additional information updates other than your applications. I kept sending them anyway though, doesn't hurt to try and if they still look at your message, then that awareness could still potentially work in your favor even if they say it won't lol
II today, complete on 9/6, OOS from Indiana. They gave me a date for 8 days out and I have to work the day before, the day of, and the day after! Getting my work covered is gonna suck but I'm so excited!
Congrats! Pretty impressed with that turnaround. I was complete the day before you, so that is exciting (and terrifying lol).
Congrats! Pretty impressed with that turnaround. I was complete the day before you, so that is exciting (and terrifying lol).
Good luck! Your stats are better than mine (3.89/515) so I'd bet you hear from them any day now!
Update: I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINE!!!!! Any other EDP applicants out there?
Congrats! Username fits glad you were able to get in.Update: I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINE!!!!! Any other EDP applicants out there?
NomadMedic
Full Member
Yaaayyy!!! Your happy makes me happy 😀😀Update: I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINE!!!!! Any other EDP applicants out there?
D
deleted976595
Does anyone know the timing of MMIs here? Is it 2 minutes to read, 8 minutes to answer? and how many stations? I couldn't find any info on that on their website. Thanks!
2 to read, 6 to answer. 8 stations total if I remember correctly
9
907914
This is such a mood, and such an innocent amount of awesome. Permission to add this to my signature and credit you?Your happy makes me happy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NomadMedic
Full Member
Aww, for sure! Anything that spreads the positive vibes!This is such a mood, and such an innocent amount of awesome. Permission to add this to my signature and credit you?
Can confirm, interviewed here yesterday2 to read, 6 to answer. 8 stations total if I remember correctly
Hey guys, so for those who have sent an update letter, who did you address it to? The admissions committee, dean...? Thanks!
9
907914
"To whom it may concern....."Hey guys, so for those who have sent an update letter, who did you address it to? The admissions committee, dean...? Thanks!
aspiringmd01
New Member
Hi guys, newbie on sdn here.
Had an II with U of Cincy in September. Thoughts on how to submit an app update? I will be an author on a paper that is about to be published and have shadowed an interventional radiologist since applying. How do people usually do this? Do I have to make it super flowery/storylike? Or can I just simply list what I've done?
Had an II with U of Cincy in September. Thoughts on how to submit an app update? I will be an author on a paper that is about to be published and have shadowed an interventional radiologist since applying. How do people usually do this? Do I have to make it super flowery/storylike? Or can I just simply list what I've done?
pugpy_dawg
Full Member
I think general wisdom is to keep it simple, avoid flowery/storylike. But I wouldn’t update on publication until it has actually been accepted by a journal.Hi guys, newbie on sdn here.
Had an II with U of Cincy in September. Thoughts on how to submit an app update? I will be an author on a paper that is about to be published and have shadowed an interventional radiologist since applying. How do people usually do this? Do I have to make it super flowery/storylike? Or can I just simply list what I've done?
Also if that’s a real picture of you, I’d change it just to be safe!
Edit: might have misunderstood, if it’s already been accepted by a journal then my bad!
constantlyconfusedpremed
Full Member
I'm OOS and have an interview today (was emailed late Monday night).Any new OOS II’s?
Congratulations! Any state ties?I'm OOS and have an interview today (was emailed late Monday night).
D
deleted971841
Oh my god, that turnaround is no joke.I'm OOS and have an interview today (was emailed late Monday night).
“Hey congrats, we want you to come talk. Be here in 3 days.”
That’s absolute madness! Congrats though! Complete date?I'm OOS and have an interview today (was emailed late Monday night).
constantlyconfusedpremed
Full Member
Yes I attend UC for undergrad!Congratulations! Any state ties?
constantlyconfusedpremed
Full Member
My secondary application was complete on July 24th!That’s absolute madness! Congrats though! Complete date?
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
I absolutely love your username. Hits homeMy secondary application was complete on July 24th!
whatspoppingaugh
Full Member
Just checked my spam folder and apparently I received an II yesterday?? bruh moment
OOS
OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
constantlyconfusedpremed
Full Member
That happened to me too! I guess check your spam folders everyone 🙂Just checked my spam folder and apparently I received an II yesterday?? bruh moment
OOS
No notes, just 2 minutes to read the prompt outside the room. There's a copy of the prompt inside the room too so you can look at it again if you need to jog your memory or make sure you hit all your talking points. This was my 2nd MMI and it was actually kinda fun, they organized it super well and give you a little presentation beforehand that helps you feel at ease - they really try to make the mmi as un-intimidating as possibleHi, interviewing here soon, but does anyone have some helpful tips for the MMI? Are you allowed to take notes when you read the prompt? Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you
Brothers, have anyone of you received any Rs from this school? On MSAR, it says the schools will try to get back to you in 4-5 wks.
Can confirm it has been at least double that time since app was confirmed complete and have not heard a peep.Brothers, have anyone of you received any Rs from this school? On MSAR, it says the schools will try to get back to you in 4-5 wks.
aikit8181
New Member
thank you!!No notes, just 2 minutes to read the prompt outside the room. There's a copy of the prompt inside the room too so you can look at it again if you need to jog your memory or make sure you hit all your talking points. This was my 2nd MMI and it was actually kinda fun, they organized it super well and give you a little presentation beforehand that helps you feel at ease - they really try to make the mmi as un-intimidating as possible