2019-2020 Colorado

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS secondary received.

In addition to the prompts that are the same as last year. there is an added essay box if you select interest in the colorado springs 3rd year program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted secondary but it says my CASPer results are not delivered yet. On my CASPer account it says results have been delivered to UC Denver, and all the other schools on my account have marked that they have received my CASPer. Am I missing something?
 
I submitted secondary but it says my CASPer results are not delivered yet. On my CASPer account it says results have been delivered to UC Denver, and all the other schools on my account have marked that they have received my CASPer. Am I missing something?
Give them a few business days and see if the status changes to 'delivered'. Sometimes the schools still need to download the results from the CASPer company. Wait 1 week before calling admissions office.
 
Any one know the significant of the Colorado Springs? I'm looking at the website, but cant find anything explicitly stated besides the location and # of students who get to go
 
Anyone IS receive secondary yet? I called admissions and they said they are sending them out in waves but just want to make sure I'm not the only one.
 
To IS applicants this cycle: I hope I can ease some of your nerves. Sometimes they send secondaries and II to OOS students first because they have to travel further and may request a different interview date (they only interview 2 Fridays a month) so don't panic if you are still waiting. I waited almost 3 weeks after primary verification last cycle to receive secondary. Wishing you the best. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it me or is the secondary just a diversity/hardship statement? I looked up their mission statement and it seems pretty generic
 
I am OOS from a rural background, so I am interested in the rural track, but when selecting there is a drop-down essay with the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado."

How is someone that has never been to Colorado but is interested in rural medicine supposed to answer this? Is the rural track only meant for IS applicants? Any advice would be appreciated
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am OOS from a rural background, so I am interested in the rural track, but when selecting there is a drop-down essay with the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado."

How is someone that has never been to Colorado but is interested in rural medicine supposed to answer this? Is the rural track only meant for IS applicants? Any advice would be appreciated

I would describe your experience and commitment to rural communities. It doesn't necessarily have to be a deal-breaker if you have no experience with Colorado, but make sure you answer the rural portion of the question well.