You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Colorado
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
HighYieldOnly
premed killa -> killa docta?
Extra characters on the secondaryThose who applied to Colorado Springs Branch, why?
/s (kinda)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GloballyMed
Full Member
Just got my secondary in tonight. Really excited, love this school & hoping for the best!
Good luck. It’s an awesome school no doubt and the campus looks so nice. Would love to go here for medical school. Denver is a great city to live in.
What if they want you to Colorado Springs Branch instead?Good luck. It’s an awesome school no doubt and the campus looks so nice. Would love to go here for medical school. Denver is a great city to live in.
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
Those who applied to Colorado Springs Branch, why?
I have family in the Springs so I'd have a place to stay and I'm more familiar with the area than Denver. Plus I think that Branch's focus on community involvement and ties to the OTC and Air Force Academy as well as the way they do the wide ranging, but longitudinal specialties clerkships are all really interesting
GloballyMed
Full Member
What if they want you to Colorado Springs Branch instead?
Would be surprised if they sent me there when I didn’t even apply there. But hell, I’ll contentedly accept. I’ll be happy anywhere as long as I become a doctor.
I’ll be happy anywhere as long as I become a doctor.
Even Caribbean?
GloballyMed
Full Member
Even Caribbean?
I was referring to schools in the states. Carribean would be a no go.
Would be surprised if they sent me there when I didn’t even apply there. But hell, I’ll contentedly accept. I’ll be happy anywhere as long as I become a doctor.
Why didn't you apply to Co. Springs Branch?
Hey everyone, I wont be applying until next years cycle, but I was born and raised in Colorado Springs, and I also work in an ED here where multiple 3rd year CU students doing the Springs track are located. I have had a chance to communicate with some of them about it, so I thought I would offer to answer any questions about the Springs area and also disclose any info I have about the students in the track.
HighYieldOnly
premed killa -> killa docta?
I applied for the CS track because I like the suburban feel CS has. How do the students you have talked to feel about their decision in doing that track?Hey everyone, I wont be applying until next years cycle, but I was born and raised in Colorado Springs, and I also work in an ED here where multiple 3rd year CU students doing the Springs track are located. I have had a chance to communicate with some of them about it, so I thought I would offer to answer any questions about the Springs area and also disclose any info I have about the students in the track.
CS is an amazing place to live! I promise i'm not biased 😉. Everyone that I have talked to is loving the CS track. With it being longitudinal they get to really develop a mentor like relationship with the physicians. One guy I had talked to said that up in Denver there are so many residents and students that it can be really difficult to get the kind of one on one attention they receive in the Springs. He said that he has also gotten to do so many hands on things that would never be possible in Denver. This same guy was actually told by the ED doc here to follow me around for a day to learn and practice all the hands on skills that I do like IV's, EKG's, caths, and more. He told me that he got the chance to help a surgeon close up on a few operations the previous day as well. Another common praise of the CS track is the fact that the docs down here are, for the most part, extremely excited to have students because it's not something they get to do much.I applied for the CS track because I like the suburban feel CS has. How do the students you have talked to feel about their decision in doing that track?
GloballyMed
Full Member
CS is an amazing place to live! I promise i'm not biased 😉. Everyone that I have talked to is loving the CS track. With it being longitudinal they get to really develop a mentor like relationship with the physicians. One guy I had talked to said that up in Denver there are so many residents and students that it can be really difficult to get the kind of one on one attention they receive in the Springs. He said that he has also gotten to do so many hands on things that would never be possible in Denver. This same guy was actually told by the ED doc here to follow me around for a day to learn and practice all the hands on skills that I do like IV's, EKG's, caths, and more. He told me that he got the chance to help a surgeon close up on a few operations the previous day as well. Another common praise of the CS track is the fact that the docs down here are, for the most part, extremely excited to have students because it's not something they get to do much.
Your description now makes me want to call them on Monday to see if I could still apply to this program lol. Sounds like a cool program with amazing opportunities.
Yeah to be honest I have yet to hear anything negative! other small positives are the lower cost of living in the springs area. Not incredibly low by any means but certainly lower than Denver. I guess one con could be that because the Springs area is so spread out, it could be a lot more driving than in Denver, but I'm not sure. I would be interested to understand more about how it could affect clinical grades, or research opportunities, that could in turn change match potential.Your description now makes me want to call them on Monday to see if I could still apply to this program lol. Sounds like a cool program with amazing opportunities.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heads up - CU SOM is in Aurora, not Denver and they are two very different cities. But yes campus is beautiful (I work there).Good luck. It’s an awesome school no doubt and the campus looks so nice. Would love to go here for medical school. Denver is a great city to live in.
It's common for people to attribute suburbs to the city it is near, and since Aurora / Denver neighbor each other, it's not much of a difference. I still say I am from Chicago, even though I grew up in a suburb an hour away - it's just easier for people to get an idea.
I get what you mean. Aurora is just not a very pretty city to live in? It’s beat up. I guess I just don’t want people to get the wrong idea since Denver is like 30 minutes from campus. Just sharing my thoughts.It's common for people to attribute suburbs to the city it is near, and since Aurora / Denver neighbor each other, it's not much of a difference. I still say I am from Chicago, even though I grew up in a suburb an hour away - it's just easier for people to get an idea.
TheBoranIdentity
Full Member
Heads up - CU SOM is in Aurora, not Denver and they are two very different cities. But yes campus is beautiful (I work there).
It's common for people to attribute suburbs to the city it is near, and since Aurora / Denver neighbor each other, it's not much of a difference. I still say I am from Chicago, even though I grew up in a suburb an hour away - it's just easier for people to get an idea.
I live in Colorado as well and I agree with @allz. I love the campus and downtown Denver, but Aurora is notoriously known not to be the most desirable suburb to live in. That being said, downtown Denver and the mountains are nearby and it's a quick (not really, traffic at rush hour is awful) drive there!
GloballyMed
Full Member
True but Aurora is just 30 mins drive from DenverHeads up - CU SOM is in Aurora, not Denver and they are two very different cities. But yes campus is beautiful (I work there).
383517
Full Member
IS/OOS? Stats?II just now!
IS/OOS? Stats?
OOS. LM ~67 (non-trad)
383517
Full Member
Congrats!OOS. LM ~67 (non-trad)
TheBoranIdentity
Full Member
OOS. LM ~67 (non-trad)
Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! Same LM here. So there’s Hope for me!OOS. LM ~67 (non-trad)
Hopefully_Dr._Sam
New Member
How long has it took to get a secondary for OOS? I was verified last week.
Last edited:
How long has it taken to get a secondary for OOS? I was verified last week.
I got mine in roughly 2 weeks.
Last edited:
Congrats! When were you complete?
7/19
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mezeana1
Full Member
I added this school like 2 weeks after taking CASPer, but my CASPer scores reflected ~3 weeks after I took the test (I know this isn’t what you asked)Added this school on 8/21; secondary received 8/24 and submitted 8/25
Quick question though, has anyone added this school after taking their CASPer like myself? If so, how long did it take for the score to be reflected on the secondary application portal?
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
can you provide the link to this data/page?Checked out Interview invite proportions from us news 501 for OOS where as 143 for IS. There is little less than 20 percent chance of making it to the interview IIs for IS candidatest. where as for OOS it is about 7 percent.
D
deleted972488
II
Congrats.
Complete date/oos?
D
deleted972488
7/15, OOSCongrats.
Complete date/oos?
+1, complete 7/26, OOS
FISTMCLARGEHUGE
Full Member
Looks like they are sending the OOS IIs first again this year
themightychondrion
Full Member
II this morning! 3.67 cGPA, 513, OOS, non-trad. Complete on 7/23
medschoolgorl
Full Member
Is CUSOM have MMI?
When are the interview dates? Congratulations and good luck!II this morning! 3.67 cGPA, 513, OOS, non-trad. Complete on 7/23
II!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow looks like they are sending a wave of IIs...
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
I'll take one plswow looks like they are sending a wave of IIs...
GloballyMed
Full Member
Also received an II! Unreal! Never thought I had a chance here as an OOS. 😍😍

FreeBird21
Full Member
When were you complete? Dying for an II here.Also received an II! Unreal! Never thought I had a chance here as an OOS. 😍😍![]()
GloballyMed
Full Member
When were you complete? Dying for an II here.
8/2