You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Colorado
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I actually got mine just a little while ago too. I think I was just in one of the last wavesThis is odd. I literally added the school last night and received my secondary today. Oos
I am OOS from a rural background, so I am interested in the rural track, but when selecting there is a drop-down essay with the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado."
How is someone that has never been to Colorado but is interested in rural medicine supposed to answer this? Is the rural track only meant for IS applicants? Any advice would be appreciated
Is there a drop down menu for all of the different tracks? Like the research one too? How many characters are you allowed for these?
Also- what is the essay for the Colorado Springs campus? (and how many characters do we get)
I thought I was ready to submit but I'm nervous because it says you have to submit the sessions you access it, you can't save a go back later. (Is this true?)
Sorry that was a lot of questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted972488
I think there’s only an option/essay for the rural track.Is there a drop down menu for all of the different tracks? Like the research one too? How many characters are you allowed for these?
Also- what is the essay for the Colorado Springs campus? (and how many characters do we get)
I thought I was ready to submit but I'm nervous because it says you have to submit the sessions you access it, you can't save a go back later. (Is this true?)
Sorry that was a lot of questions.
No drop down menu. Only additional essay is required for rural Track. here is the prompt: "Describe your experience in and commitment to rural Colorado and your vision of working as a primary care physician in rural Colorado. Please limit your rural track essay to 1500 characters or less (about 300 words)."Is there a drop down menu for all of the different tracks? Like the research one too? How many characters are you allowed for these?
Also- what is the essay for the Colorado Springs campus? (and how many characters do we get)
I thought I was ready to submit but I'm nervous because it says you have to submit the sessions you access it, you can't save a go back later. (Is this true?)
Sorry that was a lot of questions.
The only other additional prompt is if you choose the Colorado Springs campus, or the no preference for campus option. then they want you to explain why you would be interested in Colorado Springs. "Please submit a short statement regarding your interest in the Colorado Springs Branch. You may address characteristics of the Branch that would be a fit for your strengths, experiences, and/or career plans. You may also note your ties to or interest in Colorado Springs or other similar communities. Limit the essay to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words)."
sciencegodpod
Full Member
Starting to wish I took my Casper earlier...
Samesies. Not sure how this evaded my attention until I started receiving secondaries. It delayed several important applications by several weeks.Starting to wish I took my Casper earlier...
However, I do think at least some schools time stamp the amount of time it took you to submit the secondary, which is independent of getting everything rounded up and being "complete." Not sure though, applying to medical school is such a crap shoot.
383517
Full Member
I'm sure you're fine. It took a long time to get mine as well.Has everyone got secondaries already? Should I assume I won't be getting one if I haven't gotten one yet?
Turns out my secondary app email has been in my junk mail since the 19th... double check yours if you haven't received one yet!Has everyone got secondaries already? Should I assume I won't be getting one if I haven't gotten one yet?
For the main essay question, do they want a cohesive paragraph with both parts like Part A would lead into the reasoning for Part B? Or should they be answered completely separately?
I wrote mine as a cohesive paragraph since one is supposed to lead to the other.For the main essay question, do they want a cohesive paragraph with both parts like Part A would lead into the reasoning for Part B? Or should they be answered completely separately?
Verified 7/18/19
Secondary Received 7/20/19
Secondary Submitted and Complete 7/29/19
I wrote mine as 2 paragraphs because I utilized different experiences for diversity and why us.
Secondary Received 7/20/19
Secondary Submitted and Complete 7/29/19
I wrote mine as 2 paragraphs because I utilized different experiences for diversity and why us.
FISTMCLARGEHUGE
Full Member
Is the app site down for anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says on their website that those eligible will receive a secondary but it doesn't say what is the eligibility.
Does Colorado pre-screen before sending Secondaries?
Here's your answerDoes Colorado pre-screen before sending Secondaries?
So there's a screen but we don't know what it isIt says on their website that those eligible will receive a secondary but it doesn't say what is the eligibility.
haha I believe it is still early tho...Has any one got an interview yet?Submitted 7/19; complete 8/4 since I forgot to send in CASPER score![]()
polydactylpterodactyl
Full Member
Do they begin to review your application without Casper results, if everything else is complete? Or do they need Casper before they even look at it?
thanoscopter
New Member
Is it just me or does the school not show up on the CASPER school list? I've already taken the CASPER and im trying to add it. Test was taken 7/30
Last edited:
wait whatDid anyone else just receive an email saying that all applications that were incomplete are being closed as they received more than 8600 applications this year? I can still access my secondary though..
futbol_2019
Full Member
That’s crazy 😱 has anyone heard of this happening in the past?
electropartyogram
Full Member
Did anyone else just receive an email saying that all applications that were incomplete are being closed as they received more than 8600 applications this year? I can still access my secondary though..
Is that from the last cycle? I doubt there already have been 8600 applications this cycle...
D
deleted972488
That's pretty rude of them... I already submitted my secondary, but they should refund people their $40 spent to submit primary to them and the $10 to submit CASPer if they're going to pull that.That’s crazy 😱 has anyone heard of this happening in the past?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futbol_2019
Full Member
Yeah I’m thankfully submitted too but that is crazy. I kinda find it hard to believe though
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
Wishing I took the CASPer earlier too. Waiting....secondary completed weeks ago, CASPer taking its sweet time.
EatYoVeggies23
Full Member
Mine took exactly 3 weeks! Wishing you luck!Wishing I took the CASPer earlier too. Waiting....secondary completed weeks ago, CASPer taking its sweet time.
Wait, so is it not worth submitting the secondary for here? Received the secondary on 7/19 and didn't get another about them not accepting more apps?
Why is an essay required for the Colorado Springs Branch campus but not for the other?
hd93000
Full Member
It seems like that email was for the previous cycle. If you check out Colorado's website, the application tracker for 2018/19 is at 8600Wait, so is it not worth submitting the secondary for here? Received the secondary on 7/19 and didn't get another about them not accepting more apps?
I can't fathom the faintest possibility that any school would close off applications for their new cycle in the first half of August lol. Relax everyone.
Why is an essay required for the Colorado Springs Branch campus but not for the other?
Colorado Springs branch is only for clinicals and a small class size. Main branch is for all academics and larger clinicals, no need for an essay for that.
I still have not received a secondary application invite. I submitted my primary in early June, and my CASPer score was sent to them on 7/21. Does anyone know how late they continue sending out secondaries?
I never received an email with a secondary application, but I pulled up their secondary portal through their website, reset my password with my AAMC ID as my username, and was able to successfully log in to find a secondary from 7/19 sitting there waiting for me. I would try this if I were you and contact them if you don't have one.
Mine from Colorado went to my junk inbox so make sure you’re checking there!I never received an email with a secondary application, but I pulled up their secondary portal through their website, reset my password with my AAMC ID as my username, and was able to successfully log in to find a secondary from 7/19 sitting there waiting for me. I would try this if I were you and contact them if you don't have one.
Mine from Colorado went to my junk inbox so make sure you’re checking there!
I'm neurotic about clearing my junk mail, so I think I deleted it without seeing it. Since late July though I have checked every junk message before deleting so it won't happen again.
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
Finally got my CASPer results in and confirmed all application docs are completed. Thankfully. Here to waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GloballyMed
Full Member
Last year when did they start sending Interview invites.
Would love to know this as well. One of my top choices but being OOS I am just shooting myself in the foot with applying here lol
ii wave 1 looked to be 8/29 last year
Is Colorado Springs rural or urban?
Is Colorado Springs rural or urban?
Population is 464k.
bowenaswims
Bobasaur
Kinda in-between. Lots of stuff to do, malls, stores, etc., and covers a decent amount of area, but not really much skyscrapers or super tall urban buildingsIs Colorado Springs rural or urban?